1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ5 Complete + Free DLC (scenario) on the way (Feb 4th)!

Discussion in 'News Updates' started by Camikaze, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

I have a question: suppose I have Civ 5 with BNW and G&K. Why do I still need to pay 50$ for complete? Could not they come up for some more flexible option?

2. bc1

bc1

They did :crazyeye:
    Your game will upgrade itself with the new scenario for free... What more can you ask for :lol:

3. player1 fanatic

player1 fanatic Fanatic

Actually, that has nothing to do with the question.

The issue is that if you buy base Civ5, G&K and BNW, you are still missing all little DLCs released up to date, and only way to get them is by buying them with full price, or buying whole Complete Edition.

When Civ5 Gold was out, they had great gold upgrade option, which was a very cheap way get get both G&K and all mini-DLC released up to that point, if you already own base Civ5.

Now it is unfortunately gone.

P.S.
    I guess this is sort of big issue for users that bought Civ5 with all expansions in recent humble bundle.

They will be missing all small DLCs, and those DLCs are more expensive then whole bundle if bought separately.

4. bc1

bc1

"Big issue" ? :rolleyes: Just wait for a steam sale and buy them on the cheap.
    The devs have to make a living, if they give away the new scenario and bargain price the game and its expansions on humble bundle, money has to come from some other means (DLC). When the game was higher priced they could price the DLC lower.
    IMHO the humble bundle is still an incredible deal, especially given the game's replay value even without DLCs. And then there are mods...