1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

2nd UU & 2nd UB

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall Modmods' started by merijn_v1, Aug 28, 2010.

1. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

I just copied almost all buildings from a mod I created earlier for myself. Back then, I didn't knew that I was going to implant them in RFC, so I didn't count if they are limited by health or anything. They had just an unique feature.

2. Cethegus

Cethegus King

Yeah, um, it's Xeer, not Xeep. Also, couldn't Baray's bonus be changed and not Ab Anbar's? I don't really see the Khmer needing even more food (or Apothecary's health bonus being really helpful. Military unit heal rate on the other hand...). +4:health: Baray, perhaps?

Also, the Chinese Family Altar from the Warlords scenario. It could really use the Madrassa benefits, can turn 2 to priest. The problem I always had with RFC's China was that I could never hire enough Priests to build the shrines in time. On the other hand, Arabia's UP technically includes the Madrassa effects as it is. The point about replacing University I agree with, perhaps with +1 free Priest, +4:culture: benefits.

The Mongols' Yurt's a good idea. But I'd let the Turks' Bazaar rather have +2 trade routes. They come a bit late in the game, and it would be expotentially more powerful the greater your empire becomes. Kremlin's good, +25%:espionage: remains until very late game.

3. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

And we should make sure that the new UBs should not trivialize the game for one civ. Giving India additional health would be exactly that; solving your jungle's health problems is one of their challenges.

Edit: it should be noted that "Ger" is just the mongolian word for a yurt, so that's kind of redundant.

4. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

@ Cethegus
    I already saw that it's called Xeer. I even changed it before your post.;)

@ Leoreth
    I don't speak Mongolian, so I didn't knew. (Or it's said in the civilopedia) But I named it the "Yurt", because I used the art from Civ Gold. (There is a civ that uses this art and called a Yurt)

5. civ_king

civ_king Deus Caritas Est

I was trying to say that more happiness for India wouldn't break anything, nor leave them overpowered

6. Cethegus

Cethegus King

You'd only need a single acacia tree for Xeer graphics, but it can be easily substituted with Kraal from the Great Zimbabwe mod. While not entirely accurate, it's better than most stuff on the download section.

The button could very well be this.

7. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

I don't speak Mongolian either :lol: It's just that the Ger is already translated to Yurt in the German translation, which made me suspicious. A quick wikipedia search then revealed that they were in fact the same thing.

8. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

I think the food for the Baray is good. It's help 1 of their UHV. I won't change that.

I think I'll give the Chinese Family Altar 1 or 2 Great Prophet point and it becomes never obselete.
    I'll change the Madrassa to an University instead of a Library.

I don't like the Bazaar 2 trade routes. This makes it a lot like the Mali Caravan House. I think the 5:commerce: will be +10%:commerce:.

9. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

I launched version v0.1 of the 2nd UB modcomp. But it doens't work properly. Can somebody please help me fixing the problem. :(

The problem:
    The problem is that the game sees all new 2nd UBs (except the Rathaus and Garden) as an embassy. And you can't build your own embassy, so you can't build your 2nd UB. (Currently, I don't have any clue what the solution is.)

10. AdrienIer

AdrienIer Deity

For the UU of France, consider their heavy use of cavalry throughout history (it has always been the strongest part of the French army). Maybe something like the hussar which where Napoleon's favorites ? Maybe instead of the cavalry, with only 14 power but comes earlier ? It wouldn't be a great Idea to replace the cuirassier which was used a lot in the French army.

11. Magnificent One

Magnificent One Stetsons are cool.

I would think of a Cannon with less power,but the ability to also kill units as well as bombard cities would be good for a second French UU

12. youknowwhatitis

youknowwhatitis Warlord

How about for France: French Foreign Legion grenadier with 14 strength, thats the French UU in LoR

13. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

I see you all have you opinions of the France UU and 2nd UU. This is the list of suggestions the UU and 2nd UU can be. Please pick 2 and please say why too.

Current:
    - Musketeer - Musketman with 2 :move:
    - Paladin - Knight with +25% vs. mounted units

Suggestion:
    - Imperial Guard - Grenadier with Drill IV promotion (IMO, Drill I and Drill II is better)
    - Culverin - Cannon with same abilities as Culverin in Dawn of Civ
    - Hussar - Cavalry with 14:strength: but aviable earlier
    - Foreign Legion - Grenadier with 14:strength:

14. Cethegus

Cethegus King

Paladin gets my vote if you scrap their Iron requirement. Otherwise France could easily play games without producing a single UU (the latter half spent utterly annihilated by Germany).

15. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

It's a shame that France is without iron on their home soil, anyway.

I actually quite like the Paladin unit, it was very close to getting their UU in Dawn of Civ.

16. AdrienIer

AdrienIer Deity

Musketeer is SOOOOO useless... I go for Paladin and culverin.

17. Cethegus

Cethegus King

If Culverin was a 2:move: Cannon, everyone would vote for it... ;)

By the way, why Grenadiers for Foreign Legion?

18. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

I don't know. Someone just suggested it and I copied it. But he says he has the idea from LoR. So I think they are the one to you should ask this question to.

19. MrBanana

MrBanana Prince

When I load the mod it thinks it is still vanilla civ, not RFC, so that is why mine doens't work.

20. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

2nd UU or 2nd UB? I planned to launch a new version of the 2nd UU modcomp soon.

NOTE: It will be for RFCMarathon only. From then both modcomp will be only aviable for RFCM (and maybe for RFCMP) I think it's more useful to make it for RFCM than vanilla RFC, because then I accually have both mods in 1.