2nd UU & 2nd UB

merijn_v1

Black Belt
Hey everyone,

As I promised in this thread, I will launch a modcomp that gives all (playable) civs a 2nd UU and 2nd UB. In this thread you can download the modcomps. The modcomps will only work with RFCMarathon 1.21. I'll update them to the new version soon. A full list of the features is in the second post.

Some notes:
- This modcomp isn't finished. Please help me to finish the modcomp.
- If you have ideas to improve the 2nd UU's, please say so and I'll look if I can improve the modcomp.

Installation instructions:
- Download RFCMarathon
- Download the file(s) (The attachments on this post or the 2nd post)
- Unzip it in the RFCMarathon folder
- The comp asks you to overwrite some files. Click "Yes to all" (If the comp doesn't ask anything, you unzipped the files in the wrong folder)
- Play the mod as usual

Optional:
- If you want to play both modcomps in one game, also unzip the "2nd UU+UB" package. (This package is in the 2nd UB modcomp that you can download on post 2 this threat)

To uninstall the modcomp, you should unzip the "Uninstall" package.

Plans for next version:
- Little fixes

Changelog:
Spoiler :
V0.5
Reduction of the size of the FPK
2nd UU spawn at conquerers event
Papal Pikeman can't move
Updated to RFCMarathon 1.22
French Musketeers can be Mercenaries

v0.4
Renamed Carthagian War Elephant to Atlas Elephant
Renamed Egyptian Axeman to Heqa Khesawet
Renamed Dutch Grenadier to Gradist
Renamed Chinese Cannon to Ancient Cannon
Changed Viking Drakkar from Caravel to Galley
Some Civs spawn with new 2nd UU's (and less other units)
Some Civs get 2nd UU's when spawning with war (and less other units)
Japanese Yumi gets an extra first strike chance
Mali Trader are more effective when conducting a trade mission
Adjusted some AI values
Better art for French Culverin

v0.3
Added last civilopedia text. (Egyptian Axeman)
Renamed Streltsy to Strelets
Fixed Mayan Atl-Atl pedia
Viking Longship starts with Drill I
Minor reskin for Arabian Xebec

v0.2
Added Native American Brave and Celtic Chariot Attacks
New unique feature for the Khmer Phak'ak (almost similar as their other UU)
Changed Aztec Eagle Warrior unique features
Finished (except Egypt) civilopedia entries for 2nd UU's (English only)
Names tranlated to all 5 standard languages
Changed French 1st UU from Musketeer to Culverin
Changed Russian 2nd UU from Boyar to Streltsy
Added Papal Pikeman in 600AD start
2nd UU modcomp is now avialbe for RFCMarathon (THE MODCOMP ONLY WORKS FOR THIS MOD NOW)

V0.1
Initial Release

Credits:
Spoiler :
Rhye, without him, this modcomp wouldn't exist of course
Embryodead, for RFCMarathon
Everyone who gave me suggestions etc.

Rise of Mankind (for art files)
Civ Gold (for art files and ideas)
RFCEurope (for art files and ideas)
Sword of Islam (for art and idea)
Total Realism (for art files)
Varietas Delectat (for art files)
TAM (for art files)
RFRE (for art files)
Wikipedia (for texts)

In this post I will upload the files for the 2nd UB modcomp. It is aviable now.

Some notes:
- The mod isn't finished. Please help me with testing it or giving me suggestions.
- I need a new (better) 2nd UB for the following Civs: India (the Vedas is good, but if you know a better one, I probably will use that one)

Instalation instructions:
See first post.

Plans for next version:
- Fixing little bugs
- New 2nd UB for India
- Change Aztec UB to Floating Gardens

Changelog:
Spoiler :
V 0.4
Updated to RFCMarathon 1.22
Reduction of the size of the FPK (art files)
Changed Khmer Spice Stock to Floating Market
New bonus for Japanese Torii
New bonus for the Portugese Explorers House

V 0.3
Renamed Roman Castra to Castrum (singular)
Fixed (possible) Roman UHV bug
Statue of Liberty requires Liberalism too (I don't know why it doesn't requires it. It IS possible to build it without Liberalism)
Changed Japanese Geisha House to Torii
Fixed Russian Kremlin art bug
Renamed "The Kremlin" into "Kremlin"
Roman Castrum now only increases land units production (but 5% more)

V 0.2
Made version working properly (many thanks to Leoreth)
Many little changes of 2nd UB's
Arabian Madrassa is University instead of Library
Changed Ethiopian Group Ranche into Xeer
Changed Incan Nazca Lines into Sun Temple
Changed Persian Shalimar Garden into Ab Anbar
Changed Arabian Sheep Market into Souk
New Art for the Embassy (old one is for the American Wild West Bank)
Names tranlated to all 5 standard languages
2nd UU modcomp is now avialbe for RFCMarathon (THE MODCOMP ONLY WORKS FOR THIS MOD NOW)

v 0.1
Initial release (didn't work properly yet)

Credits: See first post.

Cool, I've been working on a project like this forever. Do you have anything worked up yet?

Cool, I've been working on a project like this forever. Do you have anything worked up yet?

I don't fully understand the last sentence. But if you mean that I have things that still needs to be published, yes.

Download it from the first post, maybe?

I might integrate it in my own modmod as well...

Ideas for 2nd UB's:

Arabia: Bazaar, a more profitable Marketplace.
Japan: Sake House, a Grocer that gives a small financial bonus and extra happiness with Rice. We need moar alchocol in Civ!
Babylon: Gardens, as in regular BTS.
Rome: Roman Amphitheater, or you can just steal the Hippodrome from the Byzantines.
Azteca: Chinampa/Floating Gardens.
Inca: Temple of the Sun, replacing Momument.
Germany: Opera House, representing the gentler side of German/Austrian Kultur.
England: Some sort of improved Courthouse.

Yeah, I'll use this too - once its finished and tested. :king:

I might integrate it in my own modmod as well...

Ideas for 2nd UB's:

Arabia: Bazaar, a more profitable Marketplace.
Japan: Sake House, a Grocer that gives a small financial bonus and extra happiness with Rice. We need moar alchocol in Civ!
Babylon: Gardens, as in regular BTS.
Rome: Roman Amphitheater, or you can just steal the Hippodrome from the Byzantines.
Azteca: Chinampa/Floating Gardens.
Inca: Temple of the Sun, replacing Momument.
Germany: Opera House, representing the gentler side of German/Austrian Kultur.
England: Some sort of improved Courthouse.

Good suggestions. Some rather rare too. :thumbsup: No Kremlin?

Ethiopia: Xeer, replaces Courthouse, halved cost.
Persia: Ab Anbar, replaces Aqueduct, +2 food.

Yeah, I need Kremlin. As a Castle replacement, not as a Wonder. (The wonder is Saint Basil's Cathedral.)

Maybe England could have a courthouse modeled after the East/West India Company with an extra +1 stability

I'd like to suggest Métropolitain (public transportation) for France. Could have a happiness bonus, or be available earlier (maybe with Railroad?).

2nd UU for France? They need something to reflect the Napoleonic Wars, like maybe a grenadier replacement (Imperial Guard) with automatic Drill IV.

what about cannon based culverin?

Germany should take HRE's UU and UB. Personally I dream about unbalanced UUs and UBs (just as UPs are unbalanced) to give some countries real advantages in certain eras (Germany in early middle age and in industrial age, France in late middle age to Napoleonic Wars, England in renaissance to industrial age, America always XD, Rome up to renaissance, Greece in Alexander's age, etc.).

2nd UB
Thanks for the suggestions. Some of them are realy good. (the UB's that I had for some civs aren't so good.)

EDIT: Please help to find some art files. (I need the Ethiopian Xeep (if you prefer this above the Group Ranche), Persian Ab Anbar, Inca Temple (I have a temple that we can use, but I currently use it for the Aztec Temple)

@ Luko
I already had in mind that the Germans get the 2nd UU and UB of the HRE.

@Baldyr
I had this in mind too. See spoiler for further info.

Here is a list of my current 2nd UB. (The bolded ones needs to be changed)
Spoiler :
America - Wild West Bank - Bank, +1 trade route, +1 :) with gold, silver, gems.
Arabia - Nomadic Sheep farm - Market, +1 :), :health:, +1:food:.
Aztec - Venus Temple - Barracks - -10% war weariness, +15% heal rate.
Babylon - Garden - Amphitheatre - Same as vanilla game.
Carthage - Shipyard - Drydock - Avialbe with Engineering.
China - Family Altar - Monument - +1:), +1 GPP, never obselete. (maybe the +1GPP is too much).
Dutch - Mill - Granary - +3 :hammers:, +10% ship contruction.
Egypt - Kuhorsehockye Pyramid - Observatory - Aviable with Mathematics, but needs library.
England - Dungeon - Jail - -20% Maintenance. (option, repl. Courthouse, -20% war:mad:.
Ethiopia - Group ranche - Supermarket - Aviable with Animal Husbandry, but still needs Grocery (so aviable with Guilds). This will probably be changed into Xeer.
France - Chateau - Courthouse - +2:) and some culture.
Germany - HRE Rathaus - Courthouse - Same as vanilla Rathaus.
Greece - Agora - Market - +10% science, espionage and culture (maybe + 5% each or an other power).
Inca - Nazca Lines - Observatory - No powers. I will change it into Temple of the sun.
India - Vedas - Library - happiness with science.
Japan - Geisha House - Theatre - +2 :) with dye (instead of +1), 1 free artist. Sake House is also a good option.
Khmer - Spice Stock - Grocery - + 1 :health:, :) with spice.
Mali - Caravan House - +100% Trade route yeild, +1 trade route (optional +1 merchant slot).
Maya - Stone Head - Observatory - +30% science (instead of +25%), double production speed with stone (+25% spaceship production, this is useless. The Mayans never survive untill then.)
Mongol - Yurt - Amphitheatre - Free Flanking Promotion.
Turks - Bazaar - Market - + 3-5 :commerce:.
Persia - Shalimar Gardens - Observatory - +1:health:, :), culture. Probably change this in Ab Anbar. (But with different powers, otherwise it's the same as the Khmer Baray)
Portugal - Explorers House - Courthouse - +50 Trade route yeild, free Sentry promotion (In my original mod, it is meant for the ship, but it is their UP in this mod, so I think the bonusses of this UB needs to be changed.)
Rome - Castra - Barracks - +4XP (instead of +3), +15% unit production.
Russia - Kremlin - Castle - Defense against spies, +2:espionage:, obselete with satelites. (The Kremlin wonder will get the St. Basil Cathedral name)
Spain - Tauromaquia - Amphitheatre - No (good) features yet.
Viking - Store House - Customs House - +50% trade route yeild, no sea required (+10% :gold:

EDIT2: I also planned to let the Arabian Madrassa replace the University instead of the Library. (I think that's more realistic)

2nd UU
I can change the 2nd UU of France into the Culverin. (An other option is that I change the Musketeer into the Culverin)
I planned to introduce the Papal Pikeman into the game. (Only pre-placed in Rome in the 600AD scenario)

Maybe it's too obvious, but +1 happiness with cows for Spain's tauromarcia?

The Vedas are a very nice idea, but it should be +1 happiness for every 30% science or it would become ridiculously overpowered.

The Vedas are a very nice idea, but it should be +1 happiness for every 30% science or it would become ridiculously overpowered.

For the Tauromaqiua, in my original mod I had this (and +1:gold:) But I think only this isn't enough. That's why I didn't gave a power. But I did want to give them this anyway.

For the Vedas, I had +1 happy for each 20% science. In the XML it's coded that you can say how many happiness you can give when you have 100% science. (For instance, if you say in the code " 3 ", you'll get 1 happiness for 100/3 = 34%. If you say in the code " 4 ", you'll get 1 happiness for each 100/4 = 25% research.) This allow us to give any number of happiness when you have 100% research rate. (I was thinking about 3-4 max. (so every 25 - 34% research rate))

1) the Vedas are thematic
2) India is limited by health not happiness

Top Bottom