3 months of baby steps

galdarian

Prince
What's doing fellow Q?

After 3 months of play the in game empire is strong and I wanted to gauge the level of activity from the team forum as some members of the team tend to be more vocal than others ;)

With that in mind I thought this thread could be a team roll call of sorts. Tell us all your thoughts on the current state of the game, how you think the team is doing, predictions on which team will go down first, that you're looking forward to playing Civ5. Seriously, whatever you like. Just want to know that you're still ticking.

Give us a shout back people!

I think we're doing great, we've solved lots of problems, and the current diplomatic situation is one we'll solve as well I feel. A small team has been a bit challenging, sometimes you just need to make a decision without as much consensus as you'd like. Hopefully we'll get a few more people as the game becomes bigger and we start winning wars (I hope). I predict Merlot's going down first, unfortunately we won't get to help much with that. As long as we get some wine out of it.

I think we are doing pretty darn good so far and we could win this thing. I do wish we had more involvement, it would be great if we could get some people on our roster fired up and active again. I also think Merlot is going to go down first and that the next game will have tech trading off.

Oh and I personally think CIV 5 is going to suck... just have to wait and see though.

We got mad ahppiness (sorry, what?), and we already have an alliance of some sorts for the time being. Whether the ETT also means fighting togedther we will find out. It looks like Stonehenge was a very good call. Were also gonna get the Mahabohdi soon, so that will help reasearch.

Yes it is going quite well. I must say that I like having a small team, as we get to know each other better, and players who wouldn't be doing a lot on a different team have a lot of say.

I think we did right in our tech choices, as well as securing both Stonehenge with happy monuments and buddhism, as well as securing ETTT. I am mostly very happy with the team.

The point remains, which I am slightly unhappy about, is that we may lose the peninsula mainland sites of Asymptote and Resonance if we dont move in now with the third city. CDZ got units moving around there, and they got galleys operational. I say we move to the mainland with the third city, based on the same support we showed for both Stonehenge and Buddhism.

I don't think sighting one viking scout means we should found our 3rd city overseas. We haven't even started our own exploration to know what the situation is on the mainland. And we know that barbs are in play, we might loose a premature city to them.

Better to lay the groundwork with some exploration first. We can then send an archer with our settler for city #4, our first mainland city.

Yes it is going quite well. I must say that I like having a small team, as we get to know each other better, and players who wouldn't be doing a lot on a different team have a lot of say.
Yeah, I agree. It's always good when everyone feels like their contribution is helping the team succeed.

I don't think sighting one viking scout means we should found our 3rd city overseas. We haven't even started our own exploration to know what the situation is on the mainland. And we know that barbs are in play, we might loose a premature city to them.

Better to lay the groundwork with some exploration first. We can then send an archer with our settler for city #4, our first mainland city.
Probably not the right thread for this discussion but I would say that it does motivate me to get over there ASAP. In a land grab situation 1 turn can be the difference between a well positioned city and 20 turns of war.

Generally speaking the team gets along and decisions are made quickly. I think the lack of conflict suggests cohesion however silent team members maybe holding back because their views differ from the norm which is also a bad thing. I guess I'd like to see everyone throwing ideas around.

Galdarian, can you set up a new vote for which city to settle first, regarding the mainland or the island ?

Hiya,

I check in everyday and read each post, but I really only post if I have an issue or concern about something (or even rarer, an original idea).

I have had interactions with a lot of CDZers in the past, and they've heard of me as I've heard of them. I guess that's why I find myself leaning more towards allying with them than the rest of the team. I simply like those guys.

We'll see how the ETTT turns out. I am still not entirely convinced that joining it was the right idea, but if we do get a 4v2 situation, then it is smarter to have joined. I just don't have a good first impression of the Amazons, and since the ETTT is their baby, I guess I have linked the two together.

I do like our team and its setup. I know each person and their posting personality, which I wouldn't have if there were thirty of us. Hopefully we do pick up some fresh blood as the game goes on, but if we can all stay in this, I think we'll have the strongest core out of all the teams.

Here's to the Continuum! :beer:

Maybe you could pm a few of them (the CDZer) and tell them the ETTT is the way to go to stay in the game.

I fear that because they weren't invovled in the last game they are going to treat this like a standard mp game. Maybe tell them that After they take out Merlot and we take out Mavericks we could work together to be the final two... then have a highlander style showdown. ;)

I'm still here. I'm not an expert by any imagination, so I only contribute if it's something that doesn't rely on turn-by-turn analysis (names and opinions) or needs something to vote on :)

I'm here and have a lot of catching up to do - I couldn't pretend to comment fully on diplomacy or settling right now yet, but I do have a feel where I'm leaning on both cases.

Anyway, the rest of the summer (effectivly just over a month for me, not really going by the weather but the academic calendar here) I'll try to stay quite active and helpful and I am having a lot of fun on the team.

As for the overall state of the game - I still realistically like our position and alliance - at the very least we'll keep making the Q a strong empire for a good long time, and the endgame is a while out. I suspect MERLOT will collapse/fold first too, their team philosophy/activity isn't promising. Mavericks will be really annoyed and fight to the end but we should have them dealt with eventually.

I would suspect any future demogames to have very different settings (I was disappointed in this game that we have virtually the same settings as last game, everything I opposed still there, but we're living with it) or maybe the next will just be civ 5. And I'm gonna pick up a copy of civ 5 and have fun - even if it simpler or different or something I really couldn't resist.

I'm still here. I'm not an expert by any imagination, so I only contribute if it's something that doesn't rely on turn-by-turn analysis (names and opinions) or needs something to vote on :)

If you see something you want to comment about though please do so though! Even something that seems trivial. A robust dialogue keeps ideas flowing and the team strong.

You may not have as much experience with the game mechanics as others. But sometimes a fresh point of view can make all the difference.

What's great about our team is how everyone can comment and their opinions will be respected. I love it when I have my mind set on something and then someone comes up with an idea I hadn't even considered and I completely change my mind.

I definitely agree with those sentiments cav_scout - I'm more than happy the more participation and openness we have. And I really think we have done well so far, kept things democratic and avoided pitfalls I've seen in past games, I try to certainly keep up with what the team wants.

Top Bottom