31% of americans are obese today

Originally posted by cgannon64
Looks like we are a skinny forum here. I'm surprised, you'd think a forum for heavy video-gamers would be filled with fat people. :lol:

I'll make myself the fat person...

I'm 4'2" 563 pounds! Get in my belly!

Originally posted by omichyron
31% of Americans are obese? how terrible. 100% of people over 130 are dead. that's a much greater issue of concern, I think.

Besides, I find these figures very hard to believe. It seems like almost all of the girls i know are too skinny, and I don't know that many fat guys either....

I know. Did you know that this disease called "death" is 100% fatal? We should research this.

Anyway, I remember taking a BMI test some time back. Came back as 29.9. Basically, I was going to die within five seconds. But then I looked at the large muscles on my legs and the some muscle I have on the arms and so forth (really need to work on that.....and the gut...though I do have abs under there, that's the price of being a lineman in football!), and that the reason I never broke anything was because I got nicely developed, thick bones....I threw out the result.

Originally posted by cgannon64
Looks like we are a skinny forum here. I'm surprised, you'd think a forum for heavy video-gamers would be filled with fat people. :lol:

It's BECAUSE they're heavy games players that they're skinny. They're too busy playing that they forget to eat and drink.

Like I said, I'm about 270. More power behind the punch!

Maybe you Yankee, but I play with a bag of chips in my hand. :lol:

@ the death comment: Ever see the Onion article about "shocking new statisitic - world death rate still 100% desptie advances in science". :lol:

Mmm....chips....::gargle::

But, really, if I were at the "normal" weight for my height, I'd be a stick. People would see my rib cage. That's not good. It's better suited for people who don't have my wingspan or the nice, broad shoulders I have. I always keep noticing how much bigger my shoulders are to many people my height.

You guys gotta try those new Parmesan & Garlic flavored Cheez-its... mmmmmmhhh. A great TV snack.

Now if you will excuse me, I'm going to go eat my Boston Market chicken pot pie. 1,140 calories, yes - but only 680 from fat!

You can actually 'feel' your paunch getting bigger. :o

Originally posted by PantheraTigris2
You guys gotta try those new Parmesan & Garlic flavored Cheez-its... mmmmmmhhh. A great TV snack.

Now if you will excuse me, I'm going to go eat my Boston Market chicken pot pie. 1,140 calories, yes - but only 680 from fat!

You can actually 'feel' your paunch getting bigger. :o

you serious!? 1,140 calories, that's insane? I eat maybe 1300 in a day, but then again I don't do that much exercising. So it works out fine for me.

You shouldn't listen to those stupid BMI calculators. Haven't you noticed that there are advertisements for diet pills next to all of them? Or "secret" fatburning tips? Yes, there are people who are overweight, but that could also be from a disease, like diabetes. A reason why kids become overweight, is because they are exposed to excessive video-gaming at an early age. I didn't get involved in video games till I was 8. And I still don't play that much. I play football, basketball, baseball, BMX, Snowboard/Skiing, and other stuff. I ain't too worried about being 135 lbs. I weigh more than a kid in my school who is a little on the chubby side, and he's only 130. These BMI thingymabobbers are to scare people into buying diet pills and weight-reduction thingies.

BTW, I think Switzerland has a higher % of "overweight" people. I don't know if this is true.

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV

you serious!? 1,140 calories, that's insane? I eat maybe 1300 in a day, but then again I don't do that much exercising. So it works out fine for me.

I am looking at the package right now. "2 servings" - of 570 calories, 340 from fat. I think I'm going to stop buying these things. Never looked at the stats this closely before. :o

Originally posted by PantheraTigris2

I am looking at the package right now. "2 servings" - of 570 calories, 340 from fat. I think I'm going to stop buying these things. Never looked at the stats this closely before. :o

Well, if you do work out a lot I think it might be ok because you would need the energy. Not too sure though, i'm not health expert.

Problem is that some people that are slim/thin are absolutely in horrible condition.
Same goes to some who work in gym with weights but forget the endurance training.

Some people run few meters and they can hardly get air through their lungs after that. Of course it's harder when carrying around the extra pounds but the slimness doesn't tell you that you are all around in good shape.

It's the overall fitness and health that people should be worried about not just your weight.
That's the problem with diets. I can assure you that people can drop their weight amazingly fast (there are ways, just study books and forget the ads for pills and stuff) but it doesn't offer long term solution people who eat and exercise in a way that causes their health to go down.

Even though I said "people should worry about their overall health", I think people shouldn't really worry. Worrying (stress) also causes problems with health and I personally rather have shorter happy life than longer sad and stressfull life.

But it's your choice. Not anybody elses.

Originally posted by Sickman
Even though I said "people should worry about their overall health", I think people shouldn't really worry. Worrying (stress) also causes problems with health and I personally rather have shorter happy life than longer sad and stressfull life.

I've even heard that one is prone to gain weight when stressed, the body burns less calories when stressed because it knows it has to "save" all the energy it can.

America faces two great dangers: obesity and scarcity of nonrenewable resources, and therefore, a low supply of energy for the future. We can kill both of these birds with one stone: We send all the fat people to huge Excercise Chambers, where they run on treadmills, and the treadmills spin turbines that produce electricty.

But anyway, I'm 5'8" and about 110 pounds, if I'm not mistaken. I think that's just about the ideal weight, but it makes me look pretty thin compared to other people...

But anyway, I'm 5'8" and about 110 pounds, if I'm not mistaken. I think that's just about the ideal weight, but it makes me look pretty thin compared to other people...

i think that's under wieght by a great deal actually.

I'm 5'7 (171.5cm) and 160 pounds(72 kg i believe) the bmi thing says i'm healthy weight which is a lie because i have a nice size gut on me(my body fat percentage is 28% last time i checked). my father is an inch taller than me and is about 190 pounds, but my grandfather takes the cake for being 5'4 and 315 pounds(not suprising he died at 52 years old of a heart attack)

Top Bottom