3rdTribesTheCharm

The game basically boiled down to me and increasingly declining Hercules trying to stop top 3 civ sinimusta and his loyal vassal Rodrigo from winning, while stupid AI is idling watching the very uneven human struggle :(. I should have been more vocal in insisting we find a human replacement for Mali...:wallbash:

All my civs are now at war with Sinimusta. This already feels like a total war without actually meeting the Alexander! Lost 2 GGs during the last turn. :twitch:

Well, I really hope I am giving sinimusta some sweet hard time, but prognosis is unpromising. All his 3 civs were runaway by the time I joined this game :sad:

Well, I really hope I am giving sinimusta some sweet hard time, but prognosis is unpromising. All his 3 civs were runaway by the time I joined this game :sad:

Nevertheless, it wasn't a bad game concept. But uneven distribution of resources didn't help in my view , nor players resigning amongst other reasons.

Rodrigo, can you please email me the 1380 turn via regular email? Tracker does not work...

Most of the Mayan lands are restored to Hyborian ownership. There have been some stupid mistakes by Hyborian military leaders in this war, but the empire's strength is such that it can sustain even some stupidity.

Too bad Arabs are not in human hands. Me them and Hercules could do something, but just two of us are doomed.

Megabattle between Rome and India once again proved the ancient observation: superior numbers can always make up for inferior technology :yeah:

2 major German cities fallen and the former Mayan lands are now firmly under Hyborian control.

We may as well crown you a victor at this point, your superiority is simply overwhelming... At least I managed to stop the Knights...

Thanks all, good game! Tigranes taking over did add some challenge to the game, I was playing too lazily at that point and got punished for that at some fights.

In the hindsight I'm not too fond of the 3 civs/player format (unless they're teamed), the lesser civs became boring when I compared them to my top civ, Hyboria. Also no means of co-operation until optics/astro.

Hyborian starting land was very cold and had a lot of tundra, but with silver I had early commerce and managed to get the GLH and some overseas trade. That meant that I had commerce to get HBR semi-early and managed to keep some kind of income keeping me afloat during the war. With the kind of land, I felt going for Egypt was a must to make that civ relevant. It was a bit of weird situation in the leadership of Egypt, as it got replaced right before the war and also the diplo situation favored me. Egypt meant better land, but there was still not that much. But Babylon was weak too and I had army left from the war + elephants to build some WEs. I feel that after taking that land, I was at a very strong, if not winning, position.

Top Bottom