"The future will be better tomorrow."

I replayed my turn and did one thing that I suspect to be at fault differently, hopefully that should fix the problem.

Yes.

Btw I did the thing again that I think led to the game getting stuck for Hercules but it was the last thing I did in my turn and I made a save right before so this time replaying won't be quite such a chore, except for poor Luthor. :lol:

Good to see the game not bugging out again, so I'll do the ominous thing that broke it earlier yet again in order to secure my imminent victory. I did it twice in one turn even right now! It was the last thing I did in my turn and I saved right before again, just to be safe. (heh)

Anyway, I think it's time to finally eradicate the last of the rebel scum hiding out in Djenne. Previous attempts haven't had much success, so the High Army Command was desperate to find an alternative to just throwing cannon fodder at the enemy only to see it get, well, fed to cannons. The solution we came up with is as follows:

You know the Katyusha Rocket Launcher?

Why not just take a few hundred of them and strap them on a bunch of boats, like so:

tfwbbt_21.png

And launch their missiles all at once...

tfwbbt_22.png

aaaaand then move in the ground troops...

And there we go!

tfwbbt_23.png

No more Mali!

Except that it turns out we have Complete Kills on, and Mali apparently still has some lone stragglers living on somewhere. Whoops. :lol:

At least I can now finally focus on putting the finishing touches on my spaceship without fear of imperialist intervention.

At this point I would like to thank my friends and comrades, the Romanians, Germans and Armenians for their contribution to this crusade of liberation. You will be rewarded appropriately.

Good riddance! I am so glad I was able to return to this game just to see Luthor going down.

Well, I was glad to contribute from stopping Tigranes from winning the game! :D

No more Mali!
At last! Sure did take you time enough. And.... missiles?? REally??? That is all that you could do with your supremacy?

BTW... I left you one last farewell gift... :mwaha:

Well, I was glad to contribute from stopping Tigranes from winning the game! :D

By being my loyal vassal friend and ally he is closer to winning than you could ever have been.

At last! Sure did take you time enough. And.... missiles?? REally??? That is all that you could do with your supremacy?

Actually, all of those missiles came from German and Armenian factories, I never built a single one myself. :p In fact, I barely trained any troops at all for the last 10 turns or so, as my most productive cities were occupied with... other projects. 90% of the troops I used in the final assault were drafted.

BTW... I left you one last farewell gift... :mwaha:
Hm, this doesn't bode well.

It saddens me but I am leaving this game due to spy exploits by Imp K.I didn't know about. That is sabotaging components already installed on a spaceship, but also sabotaging components via spy access to outlying cities as opposed to the actual cities where the components were being built.

I didn't know you could sabotage a project (spaceship component) in a named city from a remote city.
If that's the way Imp K plays. I am out. I try to play fair but I feel that was an unfair exploit. Not unlike the civ change exploit.

I am also planning to leave games when the turn comes round where Imp K is a player.

That is RFC Europe:
TriFC
Earth 1000AD
And also Dominearthion

Wait what? How is this an exploit?
Any spaceship part can be sabotaged after it has been completed and before the spaceship is launched. Is it my fault that I have a better understanding of the game mechanics than you do? "Sabotage Project" is even in the list of possible active missions in the espionage advisor.
It's not like I did this for cheap or on a whim, you know. I had four spies fully fortified in your cities and had been investing 100% of my commerce into espionage against you for a good while. Meanwhile you didn't even conduct a Counter-Espionage mission against me.
This was my only realistic chance of beating you. Open war would probably result in an eternal stalemate due to these giant oceans between us, and I started behind in the space race because I had to pacify unruly neighbors first. Meanwhile you had almost an entire continent alone for yourself.
I work with the tools I have been given, and I will not apologize for knowing how to use them.
Also, what "civ change exploit"?

I didn't know you could sabotage a project (spaceship component) in a named city from a remote city.
If that's the way Imp K plays. I am out. I try to play fair but I feel that was an unfair exploit. Not unlike the civ change exploit.
I must say that I disagree with your action.
I do not know if this is an exploit or not but this is not clearly forbidden. Therefore, in my opinion, it is fair game. The fact that you did not know about it does not make it an 'exploit'.

Once upon a time, I had a strong army (in another game) and it was destroyed by missiles (similarly to what happened here) because I had no clue that they had 'lethal' abilities. I think that it's silly that missiles have 'lethal' abilities (does not make sense at all!), however I did not complained about it. I sucked it up and took the opportunity to learn one thing I did not know...

I think that it would make much more sense if you did as follows:
1) you propose a houserule change to include whatever rules you think to make sense
2) In same of the games you are playing, you could even propose a retroactive rule, going back x turns, if you think that it makes sense.

Sorry but giving up games without even proposing houserules change does not make sense to me.

In this particular case, K may even have used an exploit. But he did not break any of the current houserules.

Hi Hercules,

I consider you as a very fair and correct Civ IV player and I understand that you should be very upset with the action of Imp K, which took the victory from you in the last instance (taking also in consideration all the history of this game and your actions along it which, as I understand, also have contributed for Imp K ascension).

I also did not know that spaceships components already built could be sabotaged (...live and learn). Nevertheless, Imp K did not do any cheating. He just used the espionage rules and actions allowed by the game to try to win it. It was, in my view, the only chance of victory, but I do not think it was an unfair exploit (you could do the same to him, if you had spies in his territory).

As Luthor said above, this type of action can be proposed to be implemented in the house rules of another games (I also don't like it).

I also think that you should reconsider from leaving the games you listed for this reason. It would be a loss for these Civ Games.

No. The game was ended, by Hercules.

Hmpf. What was supposed to be a glorious triumph, a true underdog story, my greatest victory yet, turned out to be quite hollow thanks to a sore loser.

Top Bottom