Ecthelion replaced Osbiath
Chasbolt replaced Gpcii
Ricketyclik(2) replaced Kenwyn

+ 10 ai

{ random allocations }

Pbemtracker
=========

http://www.pbemtracker.com/game.php?gameID=149

If you haven't seen the save for a day or so, click on the above link to see who has the save - it might be you....

If you are supposed to have the save, but you never received the email, simply go to 'View Turns' and download it.

After playing your turn,
go to the above game page link,
and choose 'upload turn'
then follow the upload dialogue.

The page will then give you a 'successfully uploaded' message (whether or not the upload was actually successful),
Then two things happen:
- the save is emailed to the next player
- the save is stored with a download link

Optional:
Choose 'View Turns'
Select link for save you just uploaded
If you get
- a download, or download dialogue, all is well
- an HTML error page, there was a problem

If a problem, email the save manually to the next player, and send an email to pbemtracker support reporting the problem

Options

Please note that, although Toroidal was intended, no such option presented itself during launch, so we are probably on default WorldWrap (no navigating north or south over ice caps)

Normal speed

Map: Big and Small:... Continents - Islands Mixed In
Size: Huge
Climate: Temperate
SeaLevel: Low
Era: Ancient
Speed: Normal
WorldWrap: Default
Resources: Standard

Advanced Start: ON 440 gold

No City Razing: off/default
No City Flipping: off/default
City Flipping After Conquest: off/default
No Barbs: off/default
Raging Barbs: Off
Aggressive AI: On

Random Leaders: ON
Random Tribes: ON
Random Personality: off/default
Choose Religion: off/default
No Tech Trading: on (= Tech Trading not allowed ....)
No Tech Brokering: on (= Tech Trading not allowed ....)

Victories:
----------
Time = on/default
Conquest = on/default
Domination = on/default
Cultural = on/default
Space Race = on/default
Diplomatic = off

Maximise number of tribes to 18 by filling slots with ai
Therefore,
Difficulty: Monarch

Hi,

New game going to start soonish, as discussed in new players sticky:

I pinged Cooper, Kenwyn, Gpcii, and Count1 for their email addresses (the 2 unknown new ones anyway) to see if I can start another.
After they respond, I will revive an old unused thread to discuss settings.

After just noticing, I also now pinged Osbiath, Kokturk, and orangegovlin.

to date: 3/7 replies.

Now looking for discussion of options.

If anyone else wants to join, send me an email
- but -
I will sound out the invitees first about settings and numbers.
so
there might be a place left, or there might be a waiting list.

I will play with whatever settings. However, in my limited experience, I have found that the game play seems to move along better when you don't have a ton of people playing.

I know that everyone likes to turn off tech trading, but I would be interested in trying a game with it on...

Also, I would like to try my hand at being Persia depending upon what the starting era is set on.

I think tech trading should stay off, sorry, but its the only way to keep players from teaming up and feeding eachother techs.

GMT-5

Given my total of zero experience with PBEM since my SMAC days I will be okay with whatever the group decides to do.

Edit: back in the SMAC days some of the best games were team games. You might do 4 two man teams and bid for factions (would be civs here). Tech trading would be allowed. Of course teams set up a lot of other issues. No way around the fact, as far as I know, that diplomacy is going to be a huge factor if the game is truely to be competitive. I really have no idea of the conventions that apply to CIV PBEM so someone show me the way.

The thing is that in those games we had a game master who would check the map so that the game would potentially be balanced.

Now, I am in no way lobbying for this, just talking. I will be fine with whatever.

I think tech trading should stay off, sorry, but its the only way to keep players from teaming up and feeding eachother techs.

Like I said, I will be ok with whatever the final decisions are. However, the concern mentioned above seems to me to be a more realistic game setting. Is not this a problem in the "real world"? I know that it could be an issue, but I think being able to broker techs would make the game more interesting and realistic. Just my two cents, and I know it is not shared by many players...

I can't decide on who I want to play as, so just leave mine on random and I'll deal with what I get.

So should we play a pangea map so we know that everyone will be in the same area? Or should we do a fractal map so its completely random? Honestly, either one is fine with me, though I think I'd prefer fractal.

If others want to play with tech trading on or teams(which sounds like an interesting idea actually) then I'm ok with that

Sorry I am a little delayed with work issues, I will have a burst at this at latest at this weekend.

In the mean time, I have created a game on pbemtracker so we can track progress on this.

1)
You will need to go to www.pbemtracker.com and set up an account, if you do not already have one.

2)
Then, you can go here:

http://www.pbemtracker.com/game.php?gameID=149

and join this game.

I am not waiting for anyone else to jointhe game now, I assume the not-responded will remain so.

ai or no ai ? some people hate ai, but if the game is moving slowly
and someone disappears, it can be an advantage to simply retire the disappeared to ai to speed the game up.

I do not care about ai. I do not recall playing a PBEM without ai, but whatever everyone wants is fine with me.

Finalise your leader and tribe selections, if you do not want random.

I would like to be Cyrus of Persia.

Establish commitment.

Please let me know what times of your day you play (so I can sort out a follow the sun play order) and how committed you are to turning a move arounds within the same day.

Usually I can be very flexible. That being said, Mornings and Evenings are best. I can do 2-3 a day...

I'm signed up for Tracker & Octafish.

My prefers = ancient(half the fun is exploring a new world)
= standard size (or large if necessary)
= big-&-small map with temperate climate, islands mixed in, & low sea level (by far the most realistic world + adds ALOT of interest & variety with navies & island hopping!)
= monarch (or emperor if we can handle it)
= AI's, yes(!) They're fun... can be helpful &/or hurtful.
= open as far as tech trading. Like to include but if it's a way some may cheat/gang-up, no thanks.
= civ like Mali, Dutch, Maya or i can do random & hope for...?

Anything i missed?

Onward thru the Fog, Ken

Signed up for Octafish.

I am very flexible with my time and will definitely be able to play each day. But if you need a more exact time period, I will try to make my first turn in the morning, the rest I will try to get to as soon as possible when I get them.

Thank you everyone for joining pbemtracker so promptly.

Tomorrow night I will take a selection of everyone's stated options and put them in the second post on this thread, as a target.

Then we can discuss, make objections, endorse, rinse and repeat.

Please note that usually people want to edit in game leader name - for example I now seem to play as Zoot Horn Rollo.
As a result of this, I do not know until the beginning of the second turn what names everyone has chosen.
Until I know this, and people have made the actual in-game edit, I cannot edit the names in pbemtracker to match.

Two outcomes:
- You will need to send the saves on in the first round by normal email
- pbemtracker has limitations, so please do not use ' " , . - or other weird in your names.

Randomize Suryvarmen, Gilgamesh, and Pericles for my leader/civ. I've never played any of them.

No particular time of the day is going to be better for me than another.

Any settings will do !!! - I'm in

Actually, you are not in until you register at pbemtracker, and let me know your timezone and play hours.

Then, the game is now full.

GMT +12 can play most hours as I am semi-retired now!

Name my in-game Leader KiwiTT ;)

Top Bottom