1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

(3UC) 3rd Unique Component Project

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by mikeburnfire, Feb 14, 2015.

1. thecraftybee

thecraftybee Warlord

Just wanted to thank you for making this wonderful mod.

Does anyone know of any lists of modded Civs that support 3&4 UC mods?
    Great change to England. 3 UU put me off trying my home country, but with the new Textile Mill, I will be trying it this week.

Cheers

2. mikeburnfire

mikeburnfire Warlord

Check the second post. Although almost all modded civs should be compatible, CL Canada, Kramer's CSA, and CL Australia all have 3&4 Component mods (although be forewarned that Australia is currently incompatible with the EUI). Any other modCivs will, by default, receive an extra building when used with the 3UC.

3. Aviator

Aviator Chieftain

I'm curious as to why the Gungdo archer was removed. Was it because Korea already had 2 UUs to begin with?

4. mikeburnfire

mikeburnfire Warlord

Yes, that is correct. I will probably compile a mod of rejected components later, if others want to still use them.

5. Aviator

Aviator Chieftain

One thing to note: the newest update to 3UC/4UC made it slightly incompatible with Really Advanced Setup. Now when 3UC/4UC is activated the Really Advanced Setup becomes glitchy.

6. mikeburnfire

mikeburnfire Warlord

Updated both mods to version 2.0 today. Here are the following changes:

Visual improvements for some icons.
    Shoshone Tipi yields changed - Now yields Production instead of Food. +1 Culture bonus moved to Drama. +1 Culture at Archaeology unchanged.
    Polish Barbican yields changed - Now yields additional Food, which is replaced with a Culture/Tourism bonus upon Flight.
    Roman Thermae yields changed - Removed +2 Food and replaced with +1 Culture. +1 Science unchanged.
    Moroccan Zellige Mosque yields changed - Now yields 15% Culture instead of 3 culture.
    Songhai Treasury reworked. Now a unique Market that yields 2 Gold in the Capital.
    Venetian Doge's Palace yields changed - Now yields 2 Culture instead of 3.
    Updated Hiawatha's AI - Now builds fewer roads (and hopefully more trees instead!).

I also updated the front page with pictures to showcase the Components. Unless some major flaw is discovered, I'll take a break from updating this mod for now.

7. Lynnes

Lynnes King

Thanks for the update! :)

May I ask where exactly (file, location) you've tweaked Hiawatha's AI?
    So I can copy the changes over to the reforestation mod!

Btw the Ninja mod you released in the workshop is missing the TXT_KEY_PEDIA_PROMOTION_NINJA.

8. Natan35

Natan35 Mayor of St. Natansburg

I suggest giving Poland a Folwark UI... Something like this:

UI: Folwark
    Unlocked at civil service, and may only be built on farms. +1 :c5gold: gold and +1 :c5production: production, increased to +2 :c5gold: gold if built on wheat. After industrialisation, it loses its base gold yield and will yield +2 :c5culture: culture.

9. mikeburnfire

mikeburnfire Warlord

Near the end of the file.

Thanks for the heads-up on the Civilpedia entry. Fixed now.

10. jodoon

jodoon Chieftain

Great mod thank you, It has increased variation of each civ more. Will you be making UCs for more popular modded civs?

11. mikeburnfire

mikeburnfire Warlord

I probably will not, due to lack of time. However, if others want to make 3UCs for modCivs, I would link to them on the first page, like I did with Inuit, Australia, CSA, and Canada.

12. Natan35

Would you consider making an additional UB for Legui's Israel?

13. TPangolin

TPangolin Just the worst person

Not sure how to fix Australia's EUI problem :(

14. mikeburnfire

mikeburnfire Warlord

That's too bad. I really would like to use Australia, but the EUI is invaluable to me.

Have you determined what specifically is causing the incompatibility?

15. TPangolin

TPangolin Just the worst person

I don't use EUI itself, but I believe it's regarding the UnitPanel (Aussie Workers can upgrade to Diggers).

16. mikeburnfire

mikeburnfire Warlord

I just tried it after deleting the UnitPanel.lua and it works perfectly with the version of EUI that I'm using. No problems upgrading the worker replacement to Digger, either.

So I guess EUI and Australia are compatible if one deletes that file, right?

17. poom3619

poom3619 Ping Pang Poom!

A criticism from Civ5 General Discussion forum.

18. Natan35

Hmmm... Fair enough. I disagree with the examples though: England and Songhai are both better than the Maya(whose UA can be quite penalising at times), and Siam can also be quite amazing.

Speaking to the point, I do think the game needs to be balanced, but that's hardly anything this mod can do.

19. mikeburnfire

mikeburnfire Warlord

Thanks for the post, poom. I'm always happy to hear others' opinions on the mod.

When creating new components, my primary concern was to make them historically accurate and also interesting, but I did try to make them balanced as well. The latest version of this mod, version 2, actually addresses these concerns based on feedback I received. The Gungdo crossbowman and the Seowon university have been replaced and nerfed, respectively.

20. mikeburnfire

mikeburnfire Warlord

Update!

- The 4UC has now has compatibility with Reforestation, for those of you who really want to use that mod.

- The resource requirements have been removed from the Zulu Isicathulu (Circus), due to issues that came from having too many [and/or] requirements.