1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

(3UC) 3rd Unique Component Project

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by mikeburnfire, Feb 14, 2015.

1. Lynnes

Lynnes King

That's really nice!
    So the Iro UI is still Reforestation, but separated from the Reforestation-Improvement that comes from the mod, I suppose?
    Is it different somehow, like being available earlier? (mod-reforestation requires the Fertilizer-Tech)

2. mikeburnfire

mikeburnfire Warlord

If you want to use both mods, the Iroquois will be able to plant forests immediately anywhere **within their own territory**. After researching Fertilizer, **any civilization** will be able to plant forests **in their own territory and neutral territory**.

I think that's the gist of it.

3. Lynnes

Lynnes King

Sounds like a great compromise! :thumbsup:
    And the load order is not of importance here? Since both mods share files with the very same names, and their is no dependency in the modinfo-file for the Reforestation mod.

4. mikeburnfire

mikeburnfire Warlord

I don't think the load order matters.

5. ima

ima Chieftain

I understand Shakakhan' point of view, but his counter-example are terrible, UU/UB that can be way worse than the original one are super annoying (it's the exact things that makes the iroquois horrible), and there's tons of other mods that tries to balance the game a bit more (Acken's balance, the NQ mod for SP, CBP, and some others).

6. vagr0m

vagr0m Chieftain

all unique units are missing from civilopedia...

7. vagr0m

vagr0m Chieftain

i noticed that if you have the EUI installed the UUs are accessible from the civilizations page of civilopedia... better than nothing as i think its crucial to be informed (in-game) about the details of your opponents UUs... except from this minor annoyance the mod seems to be on the path to perfection..

8. gendalf

gendalf Chieftain

mikeburnfire, add information about all the updates (or at least the date/version of the latest update) to the OP. Also is there a proper changelog?
    Because apart from your message somewhere in the topic, there's no indication of the update available, even the download pages (1, 2) display ancient upload dates and don't show versions.

9. gendalf

gendalf Chieftain

charioteer unit (Babylon) isn't displayed in the start screen on game load.

10. mikeburnfire

mikeburnfire Warlord

vagr0m, you may want to double-check that the mod is actually loaded, because all the new uniques should have a Civilopedia entry, regardless of if you're using the EUI.

gendalf, the downloads pages have the original upload date, but I have updated the files since then. The first page of this thread has the information about all the components. I'm constantly trying to improve these mods, and don't keep track of the previous versions.

For the Babylonian charioteer, is that the only missing component? I suspect it may be due to missing the 7 Wonders DLC.

11. ThePsychoBear

ThePsychoBear Chieftain

I really love this mod, but I must ask something.
    I am trying to use this with the community balance patch and I wanted to play as denmark and it removed the ub that the balance patch gave denmark, the jelling stones, why does it do this, and could you fix it to make it compatible?

12. mikeburnfire

mikeburnfire Warlord

This mod is really not compatible with the CBP. I wouldn't know why it would remove that UB.

13. gendalf

gendalf Chieftain

mikeburnfire, I'm talking about the actual fact of update, just add "updated on sept 20.2015, version: 2, added some stuff" to the OP, otherwise it's a guess work.

Chariot archer is shown in civpedia, it just doesn't show up on the start screen. Also is this mod compatible with 1.27 EUI (btw look at their page, they have version history :p), infoaddict, Diplomacy Values? The last 2 I've installed through the DLC thing by dushku.

Had no problems with infoaddict+unique components v1+EUI1.26 combination.

14. vagr0m

vagr0m Chieftain

the mod is loaded for sure, the problem is that the UUs (UB are OK) are missing from civilopedia's units page... :badcomp:

to gendalf: i use this mod with EUI 1.27c + Dushku's version of Infoaddict and everything is fine (all uniques are shown at leaders loading screen and civilization's page at civilopedia) except the problem i state above...

15. vagr0m

vagr0m Chieftain

well as i looked closely some uniques are missing also from leader selection when you setup a new game (and at leaders loading screen)... but at least they are all accessible through civilizations page at civilopedia...

16. Lynnes

Lynnes King

Then there is something wrong with your installation, as for the leader selection I can 100% confirm that all units are shown (with latest EUI).

17. mikeburnfire

mikeburnfire Warlord

Okay, these two mods are now on Version 3! Yaaaaay!

I took the time to convert every XML file into SQL and each component has a unique file name, so it is now compatible with most other mods. I'll start keeping a list of partially-compatible and incompatible mods on the front page, but otherwise it's fair to assume that there isn't any conflict. I tried really hard to not screw up the code, but if any component isn't working like it should be, please let me know and I'll fix it ASAP.

A major change that you might notice is that I replaced the Spanish Galleon (Caravel UU) with a Mission (Garden UB). This is to make it more compatible with some other mods. Plus, Spain now has two UUs and two UBs, which is nice.

Spanish Mission (Garden); No Fresh Water required. Religious pressure increased by 25%. Missionaries born in the city can spread religion one extra time.

Other minor tweaks include:
    Polynesia: Koa replaces the Swordsman instead of the Longswordsman.
    Persia: Dar-be Mehr now yields 2 Culture in the Capital.
    Sweden: Stave Church now yields 1 Gold from incoming trade routes.
    Ethiopia: Oromo Warrior now gets extra 50% XP from combat (lost upon upgrade).
    Denmark: Viking Longboat gets free Mobility promotion.
    Netherlands: Randomized combat bonus not lost upon upgrade.

------------------

This mod is nearly compatible with JFD/Pouakai's recent ENLIGHTENMENT ERA mod, but has a few redundant components (the French Salon and English Textile Mill). Therefore, next on the agenda is to get the "Extra Components" mod up. This is the compilation of rejected components (including the English Redcoat, French Dolmen, and Dutch Tulips UI) that people can swap in and use instead.

As for the CBP, there are still SEVERAL redundancies that make these mods incompatible:

- Byzantine Basilica
    - Japanese Dojo
    - Spanish Mission
    - Swedish Skola
    - Carthaginian Cothon
    - English Steam Mill
    - Korean Seowon
    - Mongolian Ger
    - Ottoman Siege Workshop
    - Venetian Doge's Palace

In addition, I don't know if the other buildings will perform properly, like the happiness-boosting Aztec Sacrificial Altar and Ottoman Hamam. So these mods are still (as far as I know) very incompatible.

EDIT:
    The extra components are available now here. If you want to use the 3UC and 4UC with the Enlightenment Era, I suggest substituting France's Salon and England's Textile Mill

Here is what is in the file:

America - Saloon (Windmill); Does not require flat land. +1 Gold from Gold, Silver, Gems, and Copper. +35% Border Growth.
    Assyria - Lamassu (Shrine); +2.5 City Defense, +5 XP to all units
    Babylon - Diorite Stele (Monument); +1 Culture after Writing.
    Celt - Gallowglass (Longswordman); Stronger (23 instead of 21), +33% Combat when defending.
    China - Ricefield UI; Buildable on flat grass/plains/desert next to river. +1 Food
    England - Redcoat (Rifleman), +20% Combat in enemy territory.
    Egypt - Flax UI - Requires Calendar. Buildable on Flat Grasslands or Flat Plains. Not buildable adjacent. +1 Culture, Gold, Faith. +1 Gold after Industrialization.
    France - Dolmen (Monument), 4 Culture (instead of 2).
    Huns - Eki UI - Requires Animal Husbandry. Buildable on Flat Grasslands or Flat Plains. +1 Production. +1 Food on Civil Service or Fertilizer.
    Japan - Ninja (Crossbowman); Available at Guilds (instead of Machinery). Ignores terrain costs (this promotion is lost upon upgrade)
    Korea - Gungdo Archer (Crossbowman); +33% Combat against Ranged and Mounted units.
    Mongol - Rapid Lancer (Lancer), More movement (5 instead of 4). No combat penalty against cities (instead of -33%). Upgrades to Cavalry.
    Morocco - Riad (Garden); +2 Faith, +4 Tourism writing Flight
    Netherlands - Tulip UI; Requires Guilds. Buildable on flat grasslands or flat plains. +1 Gold and +1 Culture. +1 Gold after Economics. +1 Culture after finishing Aestetics.
    Poland - Uhlan (Cavalry); +15% Combat against Melee. +15% in Open Terrain.
    Portugal - Vasco da Gama (Destroyer); Stronger (59 instead of 55)
    Rome - Eques (Horseman); Free Shock I promotion
    Russia - IS-2 (Tank); Weaker (64 instead of 70), Cheaper (325 instead of 375), +33 Combat against Armored units.
    Spain - Galleon (Caravel); +1 Sight. Not lost upon upgrade.
    Zulu - Kraal (Stable); +1 Culture from Cows, Horses, Sheep. No bonus training for mounted units.

18. Lynnes

Lynnes King

Yay, I almost missed the edit!!

19. bullyellis

bullyellis Chieftain

Is this compatible with Hulfgar's Mod ?

20. Xefjord

Xefjord Warlord

Can a multiplayer compatible pack be made with just these mods? I would really like to use these mods with my friends :(