• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

4th Agent Orange PBEM game

@ERIKK, you're in the list. I must have been writing my post when you did yours :p

@essexlooney: I have added you in, but you need to post a few comments about your availability for power sessions and holidays.

English. :lol: Have fun with the Man-O-War (almost as useless as the USA UU), but I applaud your loyality. :D

Since Melifluous is not around tonight, and ERIKK is not around tomorrow, can we try for Friday to be our first power session? How about 7 - 11PM CET (6 - 10PM GMT)? Remember that this will only work if we are all online together.

I don't think we will manage to get these going more than once or twice a week, but it helps when normally each turn takes several days :rolleyes:

P.S. I've changed the thread title: 4th Agent Orange PBEM game: The power sessions :lol:

Originally posted by anarres
Since Melifluous is not around tonight, and ERIKK is not around tomorrow, can we try for Friday to be our first power session? How about 7 - 11PM CET (6 - 10PM GMT)? Remember that this will only work if we are all online together.

Yeah, friday-times are OK to me. But when did I say something about tomorrow :confused: Sunday will be difficult for me!

Hi all
Sorry to be such a pain in the a$$ about tonight, but Christmas obligation are coming to the fore and I needs must attend. Sure you all understand.

And :rolleyes:

Friday night and indeed any weekday night, I rarely make it home before 8pm (GMT). Although I can still be at work for 6-7pm (GMT) if it would help to start there?

I work in London, and travel back to Portsmouth each day by train. Anarres, you know how far that is. Anyone else check a map web site ;)
This means that if I stay at work til 7, I wont make it back online til about 9, 9-30 ish...

If I donnt stay at work I can be online for about 8pm (GMT)...

Anyway I'm easy either way

Weekends?

No Problem, can be on all day ish if you like...

Melifluous

Originally posted by ERIKK
Yeah, friday-times are OK to me. But when did I say something about tomorrow

the 'power sessions' idea
This friday would be great, also tonight is a possibility too.

Maybe I misunderstood, I thought that because you only mentioned today and friday, that tomorrow you were not available...

Anyway, can we resolve when we are all available (i'm switching all times to CET only, to avoid confusion):

Melifluous: either up to 8pm (CET) @ work, then 10-10:30pm @ home, OR from 9pm @ home.

ERIKK: 6:30 to 10:30pm (according to first post), but said 11pm 'ok' in later post.

We can start as soon as Melifluous gets home on weekdays. We should start without him, and leave the game in his email for when he gets home. This will give us from 9pm to about 11pm CET.

The other option is to start at 7pm CET (earliest I can play), and we can just stop when Melifluous goes home from work at 8pm. If we can convince ERIKK to stay awake, we can carry on at 10 - 10:30pm when Melifluous gets in.

Maybe we can convince Melifluous to get in to work a bit earlier and so leave a bit earlier as well (or have you got a crappy programmer job where you don't set your own hours like mine :p)

I know this is a hassle, and we haven't started the game yet :rolleyes:, but I think it is worth it if we can get even one or two if these sessions a week.

Sure, but 23:00 CET is the latest for me, and not always please. Also, lets first wait what others have to say about this. There are more people that have to travel I guess... :rolleyes:

Crappy programming job? Me?

Yeah actually you're right. I am a COBOL programmer and I'm proud...

hehe

Anyways that all looks OK, I can't leave any earlier.
But can sometimes, OK most of the time play at anytimeduring the working day for like 5-10 mins here and there. So I might get a turn or two out whilst at work...

Your job allow you to do that?

Later

Melifluous

In the next days I definitely won't be playing sessions:

- tonight (LOTR-marathon @ cinema :) )
- 25 & 27 dec (ho ho ho)
- 31 :beer:

... and probably some evenings in between that I will be socially engaged, but I don't know when yet. Enough time to plan a session or two though.

From the first week of january I'll even be quitting my part-time job to free up time for studies (not civ ;) ) so I'll have some more opportunities. For the playlist it doesn't really matter what turn I take, so you can fill me in anywhere..

I am available at the stated times, although Christmas tis the season to be dizzy.

I live in the UK, so almost any night at those times is good.

Also, Melifluous, you will be getting attacked first, as us East Londoners want Harry Redknapp back :)

Originally posted by Plux
In the next days I definitely won't be playing sessions:

- tonight (LOTR-marathon @ cinema :) )
- 25 & 27 dec (ho ho ho)
- 31 :beer:

... and probably some evenings in between that I will be socially engaged, but I don't know when yet. Enough time to plan a session or two though.
So what about Wed 18th to Mon 23rd? Are you free any weekday evenings or at the weekend?

Well I will be available any time over the holidays except maybe Tuesday afternoon. That's the extent of my Christmas celebrations. New Years? I'll usher in the New Year on my PC. :p

Sorry, won't be able to play in the evenings the next few days - sick pets at home need a lot of care atm.

You can leave me the game in mail and I will paly during daytime if you do 1 turn per day. Otherwise, I better step out :(

Lt Killer -

hope it is nothing serious.

any idea how long for?

for the entire week, I'm afraid, and it is serious. :( but they should all survive the treatment, the question is if it catches on.

Well, I wish them all the best. I get very upset when my cats get injured or ill in any way.

I am happy to postpose the 'power sessions' as long as needed.

So when will we start this? No point in waiting for Power Sessions now. We may aswell get a few turns over with just so us people with no lives don't get bored. ;)

The game has started :)

Mecca is now the heart of the new world :D

I have updated the first post with email addresses.

@Plux and essexlooney2:
Can both of you please pm or post your emails.

@Killer:
Use his cfc email. He might even be waiting for it offline.

Edit: When setting the players I selected male for all of you. If any of you are female, you're gonna have some re-adjustment to do ;)

Top Bottom