Wonder Graphics: Hagia Sofia

Ukas

Pthooey of Tomainia
By popular demand here's Hagia Sofia, that beautiful mosque of Istanbul. Once saw it from an airplane when travelled back from Cyprus. This building is based on that recollection :rolleyes:

Religious wonder to produce happy faces I think. But as usual you can give it abilities of your choice.

Ukas

Wash your hands and feet, pray and get the file from here:

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads4/HagiaSofia.zip

Ins Allah, corrected text file is here:

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads4/hagiasofiacorrecttext.zip

And here's the preview:

Attachments

• hagiasofialarge.jpg
    hagiasofialarge.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 2,898
Ukas, you are on a roll! Great stuff, as usual. Your building graphics are always a dilemma for me. I would love to use them but so far I've kept my modification rather conservative regarding new wonders.

BTW: as a complete offtopic, while trying to make the Greenpeace wonder graphics I requested a while back, I ended up fooling around with your Transatlantic Cable wonder graphics. I converted the ship into a modern vessel based loosely on a Greenpeace ship, Esperanza. Not much remains of the original graphics, just the basic layout of the ship's hull and the coastline.

Now, do you mind if I put it online when it's finished? Naturally with proper credits to you.

Here's a preview of its current state - a little messy, but that's just my graphical talent at work. :)

Attachments

• greenpeace_preview.jpg
    greenpeace_preview.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 2,523
Thanks, Drift :)

The ship looks just fine. And you have my ok to put it online.

BTW, I found a site filled with computer-modeled buildings (hagia sofia is based on one) and a japanese site where is some sim city graphics. Perhaps you may find some use for them:

www.gem.hiho.ne.jp
/hisamatsumoto/simcity/landmark/af_as_oc.htm

http://www.3dworldclub.com/browse.aspx?category=7

I agree, it's very important, even for me personally. :)

Been planning to do an era specific brewery, from those ancient egyptians to a modern industrial building.

Good Heavens, man! Fast AND excellent!!

Does anyone know if this will work --

For my 1071CE mod, I'm hoping to use TWO Hagia Sophias, BOTH in Constantinople -- one boosts Cathedral happiness (under Christian control) and one boosts Mosque happiness (obviously under Islamic control) (only Christian Monarchies can builld Cathedrals and only Islamic Caliphates / Emirates can build Mosques). Can two wonders access the same graphics file and placement???

Many Thanks as ever to Ukas :goodjob: &

Many Thanks in advance if anyone can answer my question :king:

-Oz

Yes and no, but there's no major problem.

I made the Olympic Games wonder appear five times during the game, one for every era starting from ancient times. The final Olympic games wonder is for future and can be built when the last tech is invented. Every time when new tech makes possible to build new Olympic Games wonder it renders the old one obsolete. Cool, huh? :cool:

You can use the same two civilopedia icons for every wonder in the game if you want. This is how I did it with the Olympic Games:

#ICON_BLDG_Olympics_Modern
SINGLE
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\Olympicslarge.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\Olympicssmall.pcx
#ICON_BLDG_Olympics_Future
SINGLE
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\Olympicslarge.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\Olympicssmall.pcx

and with splashes:

#WON_SPLASH_BLDG_Olympics_Modern
art\wonder splash\OlympicsSplash.pcx
#WON_SPLASH_BLDG_Olympics_Future
art\wonder splash\OlympicsSplash.pcx

But you have to make two icons in vertical row to buildings-large and -small pcx's the way I made the Olympic Games five times. Hope this helps - sorry if I was too thorough but I also wrote this for the instructions - you know, for the new guy.

Ukas

Here's a cut with 5 olympic game icons in my buildings-large.pcx:

Attachments

• buildings-largeexample.jpg
    buildings-largeexample.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 2,401
Very cool, and, personally, I prefer thoroughness -- modding this game seems to get particularly tricky the instant one starts making (logical) assumptions.

BTW I'm also planning on "multiplying" the Pyramids into the "Pyramid Of The Sun" and the "Pyramid Of The Moon" for New World Civs as well.

Much Thanks As Always,

Oz

My two cents:
Very cool graphic, but...
When Hagia Sophia was constructed, back when when Istanbul was Constantinople, it didn't have those tower things around it (they're called minarets). Those were constructed by the Turks when they captured Constantinople in 1453. I don't know if it would be easy to edit those out or not. (By the way, for ozymandias, who wanted two Hagia Sophias, one could have minarets-the Islamic one, of course- and the other could be without them.) Of course, that's just my opinion.

It's a great graphic for a wonder the game designers should've put in, but it's just little details like minarets that bother those anal-retentive types like me.
:band:"Istanbul, not Constantinople, now it's Istanbul, not Constantinople..."

Originally posted by Adso de Fimnu
My two cents:
Very cool graphic, but...
When Hagia Sophia was constructed, back when when Istanbul was Constantinople, it didn't have those tower things around it (they're called minarets). Those were constructed by the Turks when they captured Constantinople in 1453. I don't know if it would be easy to edit those out or not. (By the way, for ozymandias, who wanted two Hagia Sophias, one could have minarets-the Islamic one, of course- and the other could be without them.) Of course, that's just my opinion.

It's a great graphic for a wonder the game designers should've put in, but it's just little details like minarets that bother those anal-retentive types like me.
:band:"Istanbul, not Constantinople, now it's Istanbul, not Constantinople..."

I'm thinking that I don't remake the splash for now.

BTW, great song! :)

OMG!!! :eek:

Please, O great Rufus, accept my humble offering... :worship: :worship: :worship:

Top Bottom