6 New Unit Conversions: WWII

Do you like this kind of conversion and would you like to see more like these?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

W.i.n.t.e.r

Frozen!
Part of my Allies WWII Conversions for the 'Storm!' scenario series...

Introduction:
Following the success of the previously released USMC, I have made a few more recolourings of the American Unit Package. Since by 1942, the American war industry had effectively (and now officialy) become the backbone of the Allied war effort, various new allied armies and also non-directly affiliated states (such as Mexico, Panama, etc which chose to assume patrol and supply duties for the US) were now being supplied with the newly implemented US American attire and military equipment:

1) Free French Pack (Light Green)
WWII Rifleman*

WWII Bazooka Anti-Tank

WWII Flamethrower

2) Brazilian Pack (Light Green)
WWII Rifleman*

WWII HMG

3) Central American Pack (Dark Green)
WWII Rifleman

WWII HMG

Note: *The color scheme in Packs 1 and 2 is identical, thus one can interchange the units between those two, if wanted. The Riflemen in those two are the same unit.

------------------------------------------------------------------

About the Poll: I am envisioning color conversions for the German Extra Package similar to this one, namely for Spain, Finland, and Hungary (the latter one to stand for the generic Axis-Ally in the Balkans). Thinking about it, I might also attempt an Afrika Korps and Australian Rifleman....

Keep in mind these are merely color conversions to add some spice into your mods and WWII scenarios- more complicated conversions such as my ongoing Japanese HMG conversion are very difficult and tedious to make... so please understand if I might not pursue that many suggestions for completely redone units.

Please, do take the Poll and tell me what you think about it in your posts. Thank you in advance! :)

Well we do need this 1 ( Australian Rifleman ) and those Japanese units Winter for SOP remember. And these look very nice, job well done bud.

Hmm, I was hoping that one of the Infantrymen would use eather a Tompson Submachine Gun or a BAR.

Well keep hoping, cause these are Firaxis units.

Nice job with the color conversions, Winter. Will make good flavors. mmmmm... Forbiden Green....

Straczynski said:
Hey, now we have the Brazilian Expeditionary Force in Civ! And since they used US Army uniforms (our commanders learned the hard way that the Brazilian uniforms wouldn't suit the Italian winter :D), this is as accurate as it gets! :)
Not to mention other US equipment

Could you make a dark brown rifleman for use with Poland?

Here's a easy tweak: How about making the M1 Garand work like it did, ie. make it semiautomatic. Meaning that the soldier doesn't reload and discard the clip all the time, but shoots several times in a row before reloading. I thought of using this in a mod I'm making.

hmm, i doubt so- you see the program I use would make it look pretty bad when I go into extreme palette values- pitch black would make everything look pretty much- well, black- same if I would go for intensive whites, reds, blues, greens- in between these most go well.

Hey Winter, do ya think you could do a color conversion of the guerilla? I'd like to see one for African civs.

Bungus said:
Hey Winter, do ya think you could do a color conversion of the guerilla? I'd like to see one for African civs.
right now its wwii units, after which I want to finish my wwi troops ;)

btw. any comments on these ?? :)

Top Bottom