1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

+60 Achievements in BNW?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by TheMarshmallowBear, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Thander

Thander Warlord

Yeah, there was a way people found them early. I don't remember how though. I think some xml code on Steam somewhere. There's a lot of websites that mine Steam for new data though. It's bound to get out when Firaxis actually puts in the proper names and descriptions.

This could also be a sign that beta has started. =) Even if it's just a test version of the game, they might have early achievements there. I know Steamworks games usually do betas through Steam. They create a separate, private version of the game and only allow certain Steam accounts (the beta testers) to download and test it.

2. Liufeng

Liufeng A man of his time

Ed Beach or Dennis Shirk has already said in an interview (can't remember which one there'll be more than 2 scenarios, but they couldn't talk about it yet).

3. Giskler

Giskler +1 Sleuthing

I'm pretty sure they've stated in several interviews that their playtesting group has been playing BNW throughout the development. Its probably more to do with the release schedule and that they have to start giving Steam some info.

4. ragan651

ragan651 High Regent of Candlewick

I'll have to look at the achievement stuff later, hopefully we'll get some more info so I can update the guide...

5. Luckystrike77

Luckystrike77 Prince

Couldn't care less. I play to have fun, and set my own goals and objectives, not to get a an "achievment" x'ed out. Find the fascination for it extremely strange, and the use of developer time a waste of ressources indeed. Some of them must be upgraded after patches too I Guess.

Guess I'm an old-timer. I'm 36 soon afterall..... :)

6. Arachnofiend

Arachnofiend Perturbed Pugilist

Haha you're oooold

I like achievements when they're done in an interesting way. They can serve as a good teaching tool, for example; one way to encourage a new player to try out a more advanced tactic that s/he otherwise would not have thought of is to make an achievement out of it.

7. Matthew.

Matthew. Deity

Looks like they finally removed Connoisseur for those who don't have it (me)? I'm not seeing it on my list anymore. Not like it is a terribly long list to miss it, either. I have 3 Into the Renn and 1 Fall of Rome left and that is it.

8. Bonci

Bonci King

The only achievement I like is "It Satrap!" XD just for the name...

I hope we can get some info out of those achievements though.

9. Folkesito

Folkesito Chieftain

Aren't we all different? I am real old timer (46!) and I like acheivements because they push me to try different aspects of the game.

In my games I always try to get one or more acheivements and then win. I do not go for the achievements alone.

10. ggmoyang

ggmoyang King

NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_145_24~31 (8 total)
    NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_146_0~31 (32 total)
    NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_148_0~19 (20 total)

Speculation: 32 for 'normal' game, 8 for American civil war and 20 for Africa.

Same here ;)

11. Luckystrike77

Luckystrike77 Prince

Yes, we are. :)

I only play Civ5 in multiplayer, in the NO QUITTERS group at Steam, so I guess thinking about acheivements while playing there is not the recepit for victory. ;)

But also in games I play alot singleplayer, like Europa Universalis 3 and Fallen Enchantress; Legendary Heroes, I don't care a second about the achievements.

But if people like 'em I guess they are justified.

12. Martinus

Martinus Emperor

I hope there is one for Poland winning a science victory: Poland can into space!

13. TheLohoped

TheLohoped Known today as TLPD-AVW

Or maybe in another way: Poland can't into space - build Apollo and lose the space race.

14. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

Source? Cuz I have never read or heard anything about an extra scenario?

15. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

^ Likewise.

I guess it's possible there is a third scenario which they're not revealing yet as it would reveal the identity of one or more of the final Civs...

Italian reunification? Reconquista (since the Moors/Morocco have already been hinted)?

16. IkM

IkM King

I like achievements. I hope, they add some.

17. SamBC

SamBC Emperor

Dennis Shirk said in the Q&A on 2K's Twitch.tv channel that there are only 2 scenarios. Categorically denied there being any more.

18. Aztecopi

Aztecopi Warlord

This would be great :)

19. kingchris20

kingchris20 Wisdom Seeker

Resident of Heaven; Currently in the Waiting Room
    Since I primarily play modded games, I don't believe my completion rate is very high at all currently

20. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

They could really add the initially removed ones (Catfight, Siam's Achievement etc.)