+60 Achievements in BNW?

Even though the achievements aren't named yet, I'm pretty sure that with both Vanilla and G+K some of them accidentally got revealed early, allowing us to find out some additional stuff before it was officially announced. So yeah, might as well keep an eye on them just in case someone slips up. :mischief:

Yeah, there was a way people found them early. I don't remember how though. I think some xml code on Steam somewhere. There's a lot of websites that mine Steam for new data though. It's bound to get out when Firaxis actually puts in the proper names and descriptions.

This could also be a sign that beta has started. =) Even if it's just a test version of the game, they might have early achievements there. I know Steamworks games usually do betas through Steam. They create a separate, private version of the game and only allow certain Steam accounts (the beta testers) to download and test it.

But there's a lot more content and new features in BNW than there were in G&K.

Not to mention, I think it's actually illegal for them to hide a "scenario" (misleading advertisment or something?) even if it's better. I'm not sure.

Ed Beach or Dennis Shirk has already said in an interview (can't remember which one there'll be more than 2 scenarios, but they couldn't talk about it yet).

Yeah, there was a way people found them early. I don't remember how though. I think some xml code on Steam somewhere. There's a lot of websites that mine Steam for new data though. It's bound to get out when Firaxis actually puts in the proper names and descriptions.

This could also be a sign that beta has started. =) Even if it's just a test version of the game, they might have early achievements there. I know Steamworks games usually do betas through Steam. They create a separate, private version of the game and only allow certain Steam accounts (the beta testers) to download and test it.

I'm pretty sure they've stated in several interviews that their playtesting group has been playing BNW throughout the development. Its probably more to do with the release schedule and that they have to start giving Steam some info.

I'll have to look at the achievement stuff later, hopefully we'll get some more info so I can update the guide...

i like achievements :D

Couldn't care less. I play to have fun, and set my own goals and objectives, not to get a an "achievment" x'ed out. Find the fascination for it extremely strange, and the use of developer time a waste of ressources indeed. Some of them must be upgraded after patches too I Guess.

Guess I'm an old-timer. I'm 36 soon afterall..... :)

Couldn't care less. I play to have fun, and set my own goals, not to get a an "achievment" x'ed out. Find the fascination for it extremely strange.

Haha you're oooold

I like achievements when they're done in an interesting way. They can serve as a good teaching tool, for example; one way to encourage a new player to try out a more advanced tactic that s/he otherwise would not have thought of is to make an achievement out of it.

Looks like they finally removed Connoisseur for those who don't have it (me)? I'm not seeing it on my list anymore. Not like it is a terribly long list to miss it, either. I have 3 Into the Renn and 1 Fall of Rome left and that is it.

The only achievement I like is "It Satrap!" XD just for the name...

I hope we can get some info out of those achievements though.

Couldn't care less. I play to have fun, and set my own goals and objectives, not to get a an "achievment" x'ed out. Find the fascination for it extremely strange, and the use of developer time a waste of ressources indeed. Some of them must be upgraded after patches too I Guess.

Aren't we all different? I am real old timer (46!) and I like acheivements because they push me to try different aspects of the game.

In my games I always try to get one or more acheivements and then win. I do not go for the achievements alone.

Aren't we all different? I am real old timer (46!) and I like acheivements because they push me to try different aspects of the game.

In my games I always try to get one or more acheivements and then win. I do not go for the achievements alone.

Yes, we are. :)

I only play Civ5 in multiplayer, in the NO QUITTERS group at Steam, so I guess thinking about acheivements while playing there is not the recepit for victory. ;)

But also in games I play alot singleplayer, like Europa Universalis 3 and Fallen Enchantress; Legendary Heroes, I don't care a second about the achievements.

But if people like 'em I guess they are justified.

^ Likewise.

I guess it's possible there is a third scenario which they're not revealing yet as it would reveal the identity of one or more of the final Civs...

Italian reunification? Reconquista (since the Moors/Morocco have already been hinted)?

Ed Beach or Dennis Shirk has already said in an interview (can't remember which one there'll be more than 2 scenarios, but they couldn't talk about it yet).
Dennis Shirk said in the Q&A on 2K's Twitch.tv channel that there are only 2 scenarios. Categorically denied there being any more.

Since I primarily play modded games, I don't believe my completion rate is very high at all currently

Top Bottom