6otM 01 - After Actions

Please attached your victory save to your post.
Turn 275 victory 678 score

- How many cities did you settle or capture?
6 settled 6 captured razed 2 cities
- What did you prioritize for research and policies?
Early Government on the policies. Mostly the science side. Didn't bother with Religion or Sailing techs until I had to.
- Did religion come into play in your game, please explain.
Not on my end I ended up with 3 religions thanks to Egypt, France, and Russia all founding one.
- How much warring did you do? Was it effective in supporting your Science objective?
Cleared the continent kept the capitols, probably should have taken Kumsai.
- Were City-States helpful?
Quite, loads of science and money to boost me along.
- Any surprises you ran into, how did you deal with it?
Just the poor starting location. I chose to quickly settle to the west and build up an army and a third city.
- Did you enjoy the game?
It was fun, first go thru with Science. I probably could have shaved off 20 or so turns with better GP management and choices of where I put my Industrial zones. I also got the Man on the Moon achievement which is pretty random set of circumstances

Please use spoiler tags for any surprise details you'd like kept hidden. Thanks.

Players are encouraged to provide feedback on the game. Some players like to replay the game, and although we will not record the results from a replay, you can still post your new experiences (please state if the game is a replay). Please refrain from posting videos until the deadline for submission is over.

Attachments

• TRAJAN 275 1808 AD.Civ6Save
    1.6 MB · Views: 99
Last edited:
t210 science win, score was 570.

Went wide very fast and settled 2nd city by spices SE.

[snip]

Very impressive! I think this is the fastest SV not using any exploits so could you elaborate on some things?

What was your BO in the expansions? Did you focus cities more on growth or hammers? What was the order in which you built your districts?

What social policies did you take, in which order? Did you prioritize straight beakers (library, uni, lab) or hammers (early factories & plants)?

What was your tech order, roughly? What are priority techs for you? And last of all, how did you manage your endgame? When do you stop growing or caring about housing?

Very impressive! I think this is the fastest SV not using any exploits so could you elaborate on some things?

What was your BO in the expansions? Did you focus cities more on growth or hammers? What was the order in which you built your districts?

What social policies did you take, in which order? Did you prioritize straight beakers (library, uni, lab) or hammers (early factories & plants)?

What was your tech order, roughly? What are priority techs for you? And last of all, how did you manage your endgame? When do you stop growing or caring about housing?

Thanks,

BO in expansions I cant quite remember, 2nd and 3rd cities built settlers as soon as they were size 2.

Districs came a bit later, but I went for 1-2 early commerce in cities doing well. Then 2-3 early industrial zones, rest of cities focused campus (that came pretty late). Eventually, most cities had both industrial zone and campus - few also had commerce zone.

Social policy priority was +50% settler build rate, then political phiolosphy, then merchantile republic, then communism.

Tech priorites were whatever was need early game, then industrialization for factories, then reasearch labs.

Once research labs were up, i switched focus for factory and powerplant.

Had to limit population mid-late because of war wariness, so for several cities I tried to keep them at 6 or 8.

End game I space parts were all built in paris, with chopping of woods from tundra to south, ca 10 trade routes, and great engineers from industrial logistics helped.

Very interesting. Our BOs are almost exactly the same with the only difference being you building Settlers much earlier. I'll try this out for my next peaceful game!

Turn 356 victory 733 score

I had 14 cities in the end, including captured cities from France and Egypt (who I both eliminated)

Not any specific prioritization. I tried to go for boosts as much as possible.

Not really. I didn't claim a religion of my own, and there was no civ that managed to convert more than 1 civ in the end.

- How much warring did you do? Was it effective in supporting your Science objective?
In the early days, both France and Russia were at war with the city state Kumasi; I wanted that one for myself. I was already ahead in tech, and most of France units were away from her cities, so I declared war on France, and managed to take her 3 cities quickly. Later on Egypt captured my city state Stockholm, but was also way behind, so I captured her cities quickly as well. The many cities helped boost my science.

Yes, I was suzerain most of the game of the two science city states nearby, as well as the production city state.

No big surprises. When I started to go for my first space port, I saw that German did the same; it became a bit exciting there, but in the end Germany didn't do more than launch a satellite, and I was already ahead in tech and number of space ports at that time.

Very much! Second game in Civ VI - the first was on Prince difficulty with which I won a culture victory with Russia. So this is my first victory on King, and my first science victory. I felt I had improved since my first game. For reference: my experience in Civ V was almost non-existent (hardly played it), though I did play Civ IV quite a lot before that.

Below a screenshot just after my victory.

upload_2016-11-6_17-4-42.png

Attachments

• TRAJAN 356 1935 AD.Civ6Save
    2.1 MB · Views: 133
turn 345
Science Victory
999 points

I had 6 cities at t100. 16 at the end.

I built bunch of campuses, so I finished with tech tree around t250. But SV is cog(?) heavy and that was a suprise for me.

I did found a religin, +1%cogs for each follower which did come handy.

Only in the beggining, I took out france and Russia, and once in around 200th turn vs Egypt because she took Stockholm. OP city state in my opinion.

Stockholm and Toronto, mainly

there were to muche space and barbs were very annoying.

yes, since it is my second game and I am still learning. Oh, king is too easy

Attachments

• Zerrorr 6otM 01 345 1924 AD.Civ6Save
    1.9 MB · Views: 110
Won the science victory on turn 348/1927 AD with score of 1588.

I had 46 cities, maybe about half were settled and half were captured. Wasn't planning capturing on so many cities, but got DOWed time and time again. I left two foreign capitals standing with their original owners (St. Petersburg and Madrid), though it would have been easy to capture them for a domination win. My main goal in the beginning was to settle as many cities as possible (up to about 20) without warmongering. With the exception of a war with a city-state (Hattusa) that i started (and Cleopatra never forgot), all other wars were instigated by the other civs.

At about 1000 AD i decided to start beelining the space techs, beginning with Satellites, and did that for a while on that beeline until i looked closer and realized to you more or less had to get them all to launch to Mars (which i guess is obvious; this is my first complete game of 6 after several games where i played mid-way through or so to get a feel for the districts). The partial early beeline put me way ahead with finding and securing resources, and gave my military a sharper edge than it needed. Give the AI credit, they tried and tried to take the empire, but then they died. I let Russia and Egypt survive on the home continents, and i think i only took one city from Spain.

Once the early expansion was over, i focused on campuses and industrial zones, and spent a lot of time with the early cities planning out the ideal placements of those districts. Pretty far into the early game i realized i only had a single trade route , and being Rome after all, clearly that wasn't taking advantage of Rome's strengths, so i started spamming commercial hubs everywhere. Throughout the game i was favoring policies that brought in more gold, and with whatever slots were left went first to production and then to science boosts (though there aren't many policies for that). By the end of the game i was bringing in 1600+ science per turn and 1250+ gold per turn, which brought in countless future techs and bought many a builder. I didn't construct any cultural buildings or districts, so i only had the ones i captured, but did manage anyway to get all the civics and went through several turns alternating the globalization and social policy civics.

Other than the brief and partial beeline to Satellites, tech researching and civics advancement was mainly guided by whatever had been boosted. as i familiarize myself with the tech and civics trees, maybe some more optimized path will become clear. Some of the Wonders are nice to have, but none seem like "must haves" at least at this point, so beelining techs hasn't been a real priority. I did build the Eiffel tower which is nice for neighborhood boosts, and built the Ruhr Valley in one of my production cities (by the end it was producing over 150 shields per turn aided by some internal trade routes (44 total trade routes empire-wide)). Speaking of which, managing trade routes seemed like it took 25-50% of my time late game. Maybe between managing trade routes, choosing future techs, and deciding between either globalization or social media policies for the nth time, that's over half the endgame right there unless you are fighting a war somewhere.

Amenities went pretty smooth this game, i don't recall any turns of civil unrest. At end game, the core cities all had 10+ surplus amenities and most still had housing to grow. I spent a lot of time in the early expansion, and on top of that settled most of my cities within 3-4 tiles of each other, otherwise i may have had a few cities above 30. As it was Rome and Paris are the largest with 25 pop each. Aquileia had a population of 14, but it was the city with the highest production at 150 or 160 per turn.

City-States were pretty helpful, you can get some good science or production boosts from them. Keeping up on the envoys can be a little tricky, depending on how much this or that AI wants to be Suzerain.

The only real surprises this game were attempts by the AI to war against me after i was clearly more powerful, but then again, it makes sense they would in an attempt to weaken my Civ in order to win. Thinking back, the first mid-game war was against Russia, with Arabia coming soon after and then Egypt following suit. Definitely distracted me from my goals for quite a few turns, but ultimately made the game more interesting. Science and all the rest were never a threat from any of the AIs after 1000 AD or so, as by that time Rome had started to snowball.

Another surprise was with the City-States. My one war of choice was against the city-state Hattusa, and before i had a chance to conquer it apparently we had made peace. Can they make peace with you without player input? It is possible Saladin had included peace with Hattusa in a trade deal to me, but i didn't see it. I went on to conquer Hattusa in a subsequent war that Saladin started.

Overall it was a fun game and look forward to reading about other peoples' experiences.

Mighty Rome:

Spoiler :
Rome Victory 11-6-16.png

Attachments

• AutoSave_0348.Civ6Save
    2.1 MB · Views: 105
There is, kinda. If you go democracy and do the projects its doubles the GP points as well. So if you spam all your citys doing it except your SV citys then you can cheeseball your way through all of the GE and GS. Its how I did it in my game, except I won before I got to Sagan.

i hadn't utilized those projects before until towards the end of this game once i ran out of stuff to build, but when i did the GPs were coming right and left. i got Sagan to rush one of the space builds but had to slow build the rest. probably should have made more use of Toronto as well. so are the GPs with their effects and order they arrive found the in the Civilopedia? i never checked

i hadn't utilized those projects before until towards the end of this game once i ran out of stuff to build, but when i did the GPs were coming right and left. i got Sagan to rush one of the space builds but had to slow build the rest. probably should have made more use of Toronto as well. so are the GPs with their effects and order they arrive found the in the Civilopedia? i never checked

Their effects are in the civlopedia, but I think it's just arranged alphabetically. Beyond them each having a specific era, I think they appear randomly once that era has been reached and if you haven't exhausted the full list for the previous era then those GPs wont appear in the game.

Science victory on turn 225, score 971. Thanks Sergei Korolev :)

Spoiler Early game trivia :

Spoiler German steel (Ruhr Valley) at the heart of former Russia :

Spoiler Sergei Korolev looking at his watch and getting impatient :

Spoiler Hey guys, we got some fireworks too... :

The Roman Empire
  • Had a total of 24 cities:
  • Rome plus 2 early nearby settlements
  • First CS conquest: Hong Kong, a strong city for free
  • Conquest of 7 foreign cities in a few dozen turns (2 Egyptian, 1 French, 2 Russian, 2 Arabian)
  • When the whole continent was Roman, annexed Kumasi, because it had nice production and the Suzie bonus was not needed
  • 12 expansion cities while building factories & power plants
Good decisions:
  • Rushing Industrialization & Electricity
  • Setting up a dense industrial cluster in the Rome/St.Petersburg/Paris triangle
  • Being selective on wonders
  • Picking Papal Primacy
Bad decisions:
  • Not chopping and harvesting enough
  • Cities not packed densely enough; some cities barely useful at all
  • Not having enough harbours for the production boost to trade routes
  • Gifting a few 1000 gold in the hope to get a friendly AI. For research agreements and stuff. Wasn't going to happen.
  • Being too lazy to scout, missing the (OP) Toronto bonus for most of the game. Also Geneva would have been nice. This was a huge mistake, Toronto alone would have accelerated everything by a lot, considering I had just under 20 power plants.
  • Pre-emtively building lots of Inquisitors in fear of a Spanish religious victory. Could have applied the Papal Primacy bonus to the city states on the other continent instead (had I explored)!
  • Signing a peace treaty 2 times in the early game and thus losing precious time. Consequently also having to rush-buy a battering ram to break their walls.
  • And many more... :mischief:
Lucky, unlucky & funny moments
  • Finishing Mars Hydroponics one turn after Rome + St. Petersburg finished their components
  • Getting Robert Goddard (+20% prod to space projects) and Sergei Korolev (+1500 cogs to a space project). Or is the type and ordering of Great People predetermined when the game is generated?
  • Poor Arabia got a prophet from their ability, but had no Holy Site to found their religion
  • The Barbarians had Carvels about 50 turns earlier than the AI
  • Germany and China never put a foot on the Roman continent... not even a scout. Just a Spanish scout and missionaries ever made it across the ocean
  • And those missionaries looked scary at first, but they stood idle taking their picnic for 20 turns. Only much later they converted 3 cities or so. Could have gone "AFK" for at least 50-100 turns before Spain would achieve religious victory by converting Rome LOL.
  • Military power rating isn't realistic. Rome is given as ~2800 while Spain has ~1700. Looking at the numbers alone, you'd think they should be able to put up a good fight in a potential war. Although what they have is a bunch of Conquistadors while Rome has 6 Modern Armour and 5 Helicopters plus other units stronger than theirs.
  • The AI never made attempts to stop my victory. Had spies at all 3 spaceports, plus the 2 spying civics to protect them, but nobody even came for a sabotage attempt! Many turns earlier a German spy sabotaged my Industrial Complex... that was all for the whole game. Disappointing :undecide:
  • Like in all of my games so far, everybody hates everybody :eek:
  • At some point Spain had 12'000 gold in the bank

Attachments

• TRAJAN 224 1565 AD.Civ6Save
    1.5 MB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Victory on turn 320. Feels like i took way too long, as i only had 8 cities and there could have been more science production around. It was the first game i completed in Civ VI, so overall i think it was a nice learning experience.

Attachments

• TRAJAN 320 1898 ADvictory.Civ6Save
    2.2 MB · Views: 108

AFAIK from playing, they are random for the era and theres a chance where they wont even appear. Ive had games where there was no Sagan or no Von Braun.

Science Victory on turn 266, score 925.

In Turn 266 the last module for the Mars-Space-Ship launched. In hindsight this could have been done much faster. The last three modules were built in Rome (T-263), Paris (T-264) and St.Petersburg (T-266).
I gave most of my trade routes to St. Petersburg and spent some money to build a war academy. But forgot to micro the tiles in all three spacefaring cities.
I got lazy in the end and wasted money on satellite cities and so on. But still, it was great fun, so thanks for the challenge!
Spoiler :
Civ6Screen0000.jpg

How many cities did you settle or capture?
I captured 5 cities, built 5 with captured settlers and settled another 12 cities with mostly bought settlers (built probably 1 or 2).
In total I had 23 cities. All on the starting landmass.

Spoiler Details :

In order of acquirement:
Paris (captured)
Antium (french settler)
St. Petersburg (captured)
Ostia (russian settler)
Kairo (captured)
Lugdunum(arabian settler)
Ravenna(arabian settler)
Achetaton(captured)
Ra-Kadet(captured)
Arretium(egyptian settler)

self built filler cities(in order north to south, because i do not remember...)
Brundisium
Durocortorum
Caesaraugusta
Artaxata
Aquileia
Palmyra
Mediolanum
Hispalis
Puteoli
Cumae
Setia
Arpinum

Research:
Bronze working, archery, iron working, plantations, craftmanship, factories, power plants, rocketry. Then i beelined the moon project, followed by the mars projects. Afterwards i filled anything left out.
In the beginning I tried to get eureka moments, in the end not so much anymore.

Policies:
Politcal philosophy, exploration, ecology, democracy, communism, totalirarism, space race, fill.
In the beginning +5vs barbs and +1 production, then +50%military production. After the early wars were settled, conscription and other cards to improve science, gold and production.
In the end I took out the science improvers and went for spy efficiency, space race production and gold.

Actually I tried to get one (with captured holy sites). But the last prophet was reserved so i had 985/120 GPP.
Maybe this bug occured because i took out Saladin before he could found a religion.
Did not bother to look into the religion afterwards.

In the early days (before ~150) lots of warring. I guess it supported me quite well, because i built the earth satellite in Paris + the last two mars projects in Paris and St.Petersburg.

Spoiler Warring Details :

Took out France with 6 warriors, 2 slingers and 1 bowman on the way.
Russia went down against warriors and 3-4 bowman.
Moved my army up to take egypt, but reconsidered because they were so friendly. So moved back to the east, where a scouting warrior met Saladin.
Took out Arabia with legionaries and bowmen. They only had Kairo settled, the barbs hit him hard. Liberated two barbarian settlers before sending my army home to Rome.
Took out Egypt and was finally on my own (along with my fellow city-states).

Good boni, so well yes. I guess they were helpful. In the end i was Suzerain of all but Lissabon (went to China) and Jerusalem, which I did not bother to deal with. Because i got no religion anyways.

West of Paris spawned some barbarian musketeers and crossbowmen. These were pretty hard to take out with legionaries. I lured them to Paris and made a Legion Corps.
Anyways this was so embarassing that i built 21 scouts to get rid of the fog of war on my continent once and for all.

Yes, i did. Thanks for your effort to put this challenge together. Great job, really! :)

Things to improve (for Firaxis):
- handling a massive empire is kind of tiresome. I miss a sortable cities-overview, where build orders can be assigned, building queues and global build orders (for example to build a scout in each and every city).
- religion bug with the last prophet, if arabia is taken out before
- CTD when changing policy cards regarding trade routes, while a trade route is open to be assigned
(http://forums.civfanatics.com/threa...oute-crashes-to-desktop.602773/#post-14533760)

Attachments

• AutoSave_0266.Civ6Save
    1.6 MB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Science victory on turn 284. 1024 in score.

Ended up with 24 cities. Conquered Egypt, France, Russia and Arabia.

Expansion like builder and settler policies, housing and amenities.

Went for religion. After built Campus then focused on Holy Site. Even chose policy for Great People. But Egypt converted all my cities before I could produce a missionary / apostle. I saw no way how to get my own religion going after this as the missionaries and apostles were of Egypt religion even though I had wiped them out.

My plan was to expand until no more room and then kill of the rest. But Egypt declared war and sent only one warrior (silly stupid AI). Built 2 Legions, 2 Catapults and 3 Archers and killed Egypt. Moved "army" south to France and wanted to wait a little, but when my army was in place, France declared war. France had like 2 Horseman and that was it. Again very silly and stupid AI. From there on just steamrolled France, Russia and Arabia with 1 Musket and 3 Field Cannons.
I got some nice cities, so it probably helped getting science and gold.

Got Suzerain of all on continent fast and they gave some nice bonuses.

How pathetic the AI is in Civ6 surprises me again and again. At least GOTM give a reason to play, now it is not just about winning, but also how fast. Was also surprise about how blocked I was in religion.

I did enjoy game as it is fun to plan and adjust to the surrounding as it reveals itself. But would be nice, if the AI would be just a little bit challenging.

Attachments

• GOTM01 WIN.Civ6Save
    1.9 MB · Views: 120
Science victory on turn 241, score 612,

I have to admit that i did some trading with the AI which for sure wasnt as the developer had intented. The mechanics are seriously broken.
Didnt get any great persons for the space project.

Settled 7 cities, captured only one from Egypt late in the game.

Beelined techs to build market places and industrial zones, when most cities had factorys i started building campuses.

Bought the last prophet with faith, then had to build a holy site but couldnt create a religion there. Perhaps this had something to do with Arabia?

Played peacefully as usual :) Captured one city from Egypt when he declared war on me late in the game.

A little bit for science production. Discovered the city states on the other continent realtively late, got the one which gave bonus production to city projects (i think this helps with space victory?).

Although playing peacfully (perhaps a litte aggressive in city setteling) everybody hated me. Arabia and Russia declared war on me very early but didnt manage to bring units to my borders (only very late in the game).

The first 150 turns i enjoyed the game very much. GOTM helps a lot because you cant start over. In the end it was just renew trade routes, reassign spies, click next turn until everything was built for space victory. Seemed more like work than fun.

All in all I think that the game needs a lot of fine tuning.

Attachments

• TRAJAN 241 1650 n. Chr..Civ6Save
    1.9 MB · Views: 120
t210 science win, score was 570.

Went wide very fast and settled 2nd city by spices SE.

BO was:
Scout
Settler
Settler

Rapid expansion seems best, if you can get away with it. Especially as Rome and in a low production capital. Free monuments, roads and soon triple economy? - hell yeah, gimme that!

I really wanted to play this GotM to the end and was afraid of getting rushed down by a dozen barbs, so i built an army first. Sometimes there are 3 or more horsemen knocking at my front door on turn 15. Does this ever happen on King difficulty?

Then I ask myself if it is worth delaying conquest, to let the AI build more infrastructure and then later take it for free. The more I think about it, the more I doubt the decision to conquer the whole continent ASAP was optimal. The choice conquest VS delayed conquest will pose itself in many games, so it seems fundamental.

BTW did you capture any settlers? Turn 210 is very good. Congrats!

I captured 5 cities, built 5 with captured settlers and settled another 12 cities with mostly bought settlers (built probably 1 or 2).
In total I had 23 cities. All on the starting landmass.

Wow, 5 captured settlers is huge. I built 14 settlers and after a while they get prohibitively expensive.

I was pretty sad about how I played this game, Turn 360 Science Victory.

Normally, I would have expanded to at least 4 cities very early and started war in the early classical and would have took the entire continent before swapping to science and messing with the politics of the other content, but instead I got focused on trying to get Great Library/Oxford University on one city, which was a huge mistake.

I thought Oxford University was unlocked from a civic, so a different civ built it first.

Spoiler Stratigic Mode Map :

I stitched this together from the strategic map.

I pretty much went for Great Library and Oxford University, then got lost and just beelined anything science related...
No, but I should have in the ancient era because that's something better than what I did.
Got declared by France in Turn 80ish so I conquered them completely, then Egypt declared, and I was going to conquer them but Stockholm flipped and kicked some Crossbows and Catapults out into a terrible position so I sued for peace to avoid losing them. One last war like 15 turns before the end to try and grab the wonder Egypt had.
Yeah, the Science, Production and Culture ones seemed to have pretty good bonuses.
Not really.
I was disapointed on how passively I played the 1st 100 Turns, and that really kinda limited the enjoyment of the game overall.

I'm not sure what a "victory save" is, so this is the "One More Turn" following the victory screen.

Attachments

• Civ6_6otM01_1940 AD.Civ6Save
    2.4 MB · Views: 102
156 Domination. The AI really needs help. It would be awesome if there was a GameLog Mod we could use to compare strategies/build orders.

1: Warrior NE-E, SIP, Thought about moving on/near Gypsum but decided to save the turn.
8: Scout, Start Slinger b/c there is already a barb scout next to Rome.
13: Foreign Trade, Should have hard-teched Craftsmanship soon as I realized I was going to miss the boost
14: Pottery, Slinger
18: Trader from Hut, Boost Early Empire (Hut)
20: Builder (Wheat, Gypsum, Plantation)
22: Oral Tradition
23: DOW by France (3 Warriors, 1 Slinger) by far the scariest part of the game, only 1 slinger to defend
24: Irrigation
26: Archery, Early Empire
29: Craftsmanship, Agoge
30: Boost Bronze Working (Hut)
31: Rome Defended by 1 Archer, 1 Slinger
32: Peace from France, 93g, 9gpt, Robes relic
36: Writing
42: France builds Stonehenge, DOW France. I have 6 archers/1 warrior
43: Autocracy Agoge/Conscription/Archer combo seems very powerful
44: Captured Paris, Settler, Stonehenge
49: Iron Working, Drama
56: Sailing, Games&Rec
58: DOW Russia, Engineering
63: Captured Astrakhan (SE Silks)
65: Machinery (Medieval) Moved GProphet from 48/60 to 48/120. Not great.
67: Feudalism
74: Stirrups, Captured St. Petersburg, Peace 126g, 6gpt
81: Apprenticeship, GProphet. Didn't really want to overwrite the early religions in Paris/St. Petersburg but went ahead. Took Production/Mosques. Didn't really use much religion this game.
84: DOW Arabia
91: Lost Oracle by 2 turns, Rage Intensifies. Sun Tzu from 290Faith/GGeneral Points
95: Captured Cairo (Holy Pearls Batman!)
101: Exploration
110: Guilds
121: Achen (Germany)
122: Industrialization
123: Passed on a Great Engineer. Nobody else was getting GEngineer Points so I finished with 500+ GEP. Whoops.
128: Colonialism, Raj
134: Xi'an (China)
152: Ra-Kedet (Egypt)
156: Madrid (Spain)

Attachments

• TRAJAN 156 900 AD.Civ6Save
    1.2 MB · Views: 100
Science Vic on T187 with score 924

My opening actions
http://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/6otm-01-opening-actions.603442/page-3#post-14552144

19 total - 18 cities on my continents( early expansion and continental conquests), plus one captured from Spain.

After continental conquest, I prioritized naval techs so that I can find other continents' civs to trade with.
After that, I went for factories, power plant, research lab, then into rocketry, robotics, satelites, nano tech, nuclear fusion.

Policies, I went for meritocracy(best culture until spamming power plant), internal trade ones, science boosts on campus disctrict (both building and adj bonus), in the very last moment, I went for +4 food trade, new deal to save few more turns.
I switched from Merchant republic, into Communism, then into Democracy.

Divine spark helps me farm great scientist in the ending stage, work ethic was the last piece to boost productions, tithe helped my economy all times, but didn't have enough faith to utilize wat.

Conquered starting continent, it was good to keep mil upkeep low and utilize the land in my tastes. Want to note I can harvest/chop almost resources in the continents, it made alot of buildings up faster.

- Any surprises you ran into, how did you deal with it? (switched order)

Well, real surprises is the cs choice of this map :)
Hong Kong + Toronto + Geneva? Definitely science vic map.

I disbanded expensive knights after conquest of continent, spread leftover cheap units over the continent.
Sent 1 horseman onto water in front of Cairo on T105 or so, found Lisbon on T107.
It was ok.... but found independent Toronto and Geneva under Spanish rule on T112, it was oh my god.

I recalled all chariots to Cairo, upgraded them into kinght on the way, secured Toronto and Geneva on my hand in around T130.
I peaced out Spain and they are my last piece to sci vic.

Science jumped from 230 to 280, almost doubled factory+ powerplant bonus.

Kumasi, Lugdunum, Arretium had 130 or so productions when I started build spaceport,
Ruhr valley boosted Kumasi's productions into 180s then over 200s.

I kept relocating traders into those 3 cities, resulted 260, 210, and 240 productions.

Definitely

Yes, early conquests and worried about low productions,
but boom! toronto walks in, solved cog problems.
Even Rome had over 100 productions per turn.

Spoiler :

After long waits...

Sergei Korolev arrives

just on the last moment, saved me 2 turns.

My spaceport cities are as below :

the main spaceport, Kumasi - the city of Ruhr valley, peaked at 260 prod.

the second spaceport city, Lugdunum - the city of forests

the thrid and last spaceport city, Arreitum - city of hills

Our home, Rome - thanks to Toronto, its prod. is over 130 even with only 3 mils.

District graphs.

The last turns were click fest... Clicking special projects every city and every 1-3 turns

Attachments

• Civ6_6otM01_1260 AD T187 vic.Civ6Save
    1.2 MB · Views: 111
Science Vic on T187 with score 924

I see 9 Campus districts. Which boosts did you forgo, if any?

Wow, 5 captured settlers is huge. Did you delay the wars to get them or did they just happen to walk by?

If they don't patch the unescorted settlers or make them turn into builders, I'll base my strategy around it next time. A free settler is even better than taking an undeveloped city. Huge swing.

There is forest on some tiles around Rome where there was jungle. And some forest-related pop-up information. Reforestation mod?

Top Bottom