8.0x Bugs Thread

Whoops. "Hand of the Reaper" is the second spell. A quick check didn't turn up anything but the bare tag in Scionstext, so I don't think anything improper's showing up in the 'pedia.

For Balfire I probably should have been more specific: "and access to the spell "Balefire." from the Necromancer entry is the only part that's no longer true.

But I'm putting Balefire back in in my home version. :p

Not certain it's a bug, but as long as I'm here...
Scion arcane units are getting free (but nearly useless) Body promos rather than Corpus. This is the CvEventManager code from FF. I'll try it when I play next.

Spoiler :

Code:
			if pPlayer.getCivilizationType() != gc.getInfoTypeForString('CIVILIZATION_SCIONS'):
				if iNum > 1:
					unit.setHasPromotion(gc.getInfoTypeForString('PROMOTION_BODY1'), True)
					if (iNum > 2 and unit.isHasPromotion(iChanneling2)):
						unit.setHasPromotion(gc.getInfoTypeForString('PROMOTION_BODY2'), True)
						if (iNum > 3 and unit.isHasPromotion(iChanneling3)):
							unit.setHasPromotion(gc.getInfoTypeForString('PROMOTION_BODY3'), True)
			if pPlayer.getCivilizationType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString('CIVILIZATION_SCIONS'):
				if iNum > 1:
					unit.setHasPromotion(gc.getInfoTypeForString('PROMOTION_CORPUS1'), True)
					if (iNum > 2 and unit.isHasPromotion(iChanneling2)):
						unit.setHasPromotion(gc.getInfoTypeForString('PROMOTION_CORPUS2'), True)
						if (iNum > 3 and unit.isHasPromotion(iChanneling3)):
							unit.setHasPromotion(gc.getInfoTypeForString('PROMOTION_CORPUS3'), True)

Whoops. "Hand of the Reaper" is the second spell. A quick check didn't turn up anything but the bare tag in Scionstext, so I don't think anything improper's showing up in the 'pedia.

For Balfire I probably should have been more specific: "and access to the spell "Balefire." from the Necromancer entry is the only part that's no longer true.

But I'm putting Balefire back in in my home version. :p

Tarq,

thanks for the more specific reference.... :D

@Sephi,

below are the tag references, which are ALL the file results returned with a search. What do you want me to do with them?

Spoiler :
<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_PROMOTION_HAND_OF_THE_REAPER</Tag>
<English>Hand of the Reaper</English>
<French>Hand of the Reaper</French>
<German>Hand des Todes</German>
<Italian>Hand of the Reaper</Italian>
<Spanish>Hand of the Reaper</Spanish>
</TEXT>
<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_SPELL_HAND_OF_THE_REAPER</Tag>
<English>Hand of the Reaper</English>
<French>Hand of the Reaper</French>
<German>Hand des Todes</German>
<Italian>Hand of the Reaper</Italian>
<Spanish>Hand of the Reaper</Spanish>
</TEXT>

Some animals are geting heroic strenght 1 and 2 and heroic def strenght 1 and 2. The promotion doesnt reflect on their strenght, but you can see the icons when selected.

Hawks can get random promotions and assassins tend to poison any unit you create, including hawks and workers, which is useless for the AI.

(forget the last part: they are not enemies, but I get my units poisoned because I founded essus and didnt join)

No Adventurer's Guild for Scions unless the dig up... obtain... a living unit. Intended?
(If not, maybe a Scion-only version of the AG spell marked graphical only (to not clutter the pedia)? Maybe even restrict to Melee, Archer, and Mounted? A level-6 Arcane unit isn't very hard to get.)

That Corpus-rather-than-Body code above seems to work.

Also:
Removing "Global" from Dark Council but un-commenting the building-count for Dark Council in the spell's req seems to work, too.

the requirement for living units for the adventures guild also gives some problems with the infernal. you can however use priests with xivan and corinna (and hyborem) since both are not agnostic.

Another of those minor spell text bugs: "Draw Strength" (Corpus 1) claims to fade in 15 turns outside your borders. It doesn't. (Another leftover from FF.) I doubt if the spell needs to be changed to compensate. It's pretty lightweight.

Speaking of FF, I came across the code that sorted out the live-to-undead Centeni business. It was in onUnitPromoted. I'm trying it out in my first 8.1 game.
EDIT: Code removed - won't work in WM.

Patch 8.04:

My Arquebus has two Weak promotions! One for not having Esus as a state religion and one possibly from a later mutation.

Patch 8.02, Faerie:

• Zarcaz doesn't drop his bow.
  • Subdue Animal doesn't work on Panthers.
  • Force Chambers don't seem to work. The city mouseover description doesn't list any "Actual bonus" figures, and when I built the Guild of Hammers, my empire-wide production went from 258 to... 262.
  • The War/Open Borders/etc. lines on the Foreign Advisor Relationship page are missing.
  • I wish the event log would stop telling me I can hurry things that will be finished in one turn anyway.
  • Are Pirates supposed to move twice? Eight squares in a turn seems a bit much.

tesb
did you enable the ranged warfare option?
Yes.

graywarden has already spotted and fixed the panther bug :), just wait for the next version.

Zarcaz doesn't drop his bow.
did you enable the ranged warfare option?

wish the event log would stop telling me I can hurry things that will be finished in one turn anyway.
i agree

probably an effect of the militiapromotions modcomp made by Tholal. If there is Hell terrain near the city, units have a chance to start with the demon counter promotion. Blocked this effect for AV now.

Militia Promotions should only affect units that are alive, while the Demon's Altar should only affect demon units. Are demons counted as being 'alive'?

I'm not up to 8.1 yet, this is an 8.0 bug, so it might be out of date. I tried the Austrin out and at about 200 turns in the game got veerry sllloooww. It hung a couple of times too. I finally managed to build the Grand Menagerie (first time ever outside of the scenario!) but the trophy showed up as a pink blob in the trophy screen. Took a look in FfH and it's OK there, so I'm guessing something is quite wired up to the correct art file.

Transforming a unit with Destoyer into a Lich creates a duplicate unit in the civilization capital, presumably due to the resurrection effect, with race changed to undead and having lost the destroyer promotion. The "Original" becomes a Lich and keeps their promotion. Getting a free archmage, particularly one so highly promoted, is obviously not as intended.

EDIT: Sorry, thought this was the current bug thread.

Top Bottom