8.0x Bugs Thread

When I have a Demon's Altar in a city and an Adept is build, why he has +40% vs. Demons instead of +40% vs. Disciple units like other units?

Scions:

The "Alive" Centeni don't become "Undead" when they upgrade to the obviously vitally-challenged headless archers, etc.

Maybe put a check in "ScionUnitCreated"* for "Alive" to remove it and add "Undead" if necessary?

(And maybe remove "Unreliable"? FF replaced the -10 "Unrelaible" with a +5 "Chosen" for upgraded Centeni, but I don't see a problem with leaving either leaving "Unreliable" or removing it without adding "Chosen.")

Also: A potential bug.(?): The Scion module's unit XML contains an entry for the dwarven Hornguard.

Hello,

Some missing art and health icon.

Edit: Added missing health.

Attachments

• Missing Art0000.JPG
    Missing Art0000.JPG
    18 KB · Views: 68
  • Missing Art0001.JPG
    Missing Art0001.JPG
    11.4 KB · Views: 71
  • Icon health0000.JPG
    Icon health0000.JPG
    15.6 KB · Views: 58
I noticed that the Standing Stones unique feature doesn't actually provide happiness, even though it says so in its Civilpedia entry. Is this intended?

beeri bawl is suffering from the religionswitch syndrome in my current 8.0x game. he founded RoK, here he has already switched to OO. in the next 10 turns, he will switch to RoK and then to OO again.

edit: also, in my latest games ( also before 8.0 ) the armageddon counter has been going up very fast despite no AV and no Last Days. I wonder if it's caused by the AI choosing events that increase the AC ( living world is on ) . anyone else noticing this?

edit2: python exception

Attachments

• Gekko AD-0130.CivBeyondSwordSave
    212.9 KB · Views: 52
  • ff.jpg
    ff.jpg
    442.4 KB · Views: 79
umh, this is weird. I finished researching Honor first, got a Vicar and a ecclesiastic but Empy didn't get founded in any of my cities so I get to choose where I want the holy sanctuary with my ecclesiastic. is this intended?

ah, now I see. false alarm. those pesky balseraphs got an ecclesiastic from a lair long ago and got the holy city. yeah, we should really get rid of that :lol:

mousovering over the Elohim civilization in the civilopedia says they have a special ability that lets them build foreign units and buildings in conquered cities ( i.e. tolerant trait ) . however, I cultureflipped a Clan city and I can't build warrens, but I can build my unique buildings. I guess that mouseover info is outdated and only Thessalonica has Tolerant now, right? if so, nice change :goodjob:

i played once with the evil scions leader who has the usurper trait, with it i could build other palaces but these would replace my own palace, maybe this should be blocked

Scions:

1) Ghostwalker-to-Haunt spell gives a python error. It still has "getExperienceTimes100" rather than "getExperience". I searched the file and didn't spot any other holdouts.

2) Emperor's Mark isn't being used (so far as I know), but it's in the 'pedia.

In FF python added it to founded - but not taken - Risen Emperor cities for +1 culture/turn. I like the extra cultural oomph. But unless you do too, I say delete it.

3) Imperial Cenotaph: 'pedia text claims only Korrina can build it.

In FF it was Korinna's slightly cut-down version of the Temple of the Gift. I suggest just changing the text.

i play with amurites and my summons dont get benefits from combat and spell range promotions of the summoner.

€: wrong. It only affects the djinns of the rubbed lamb. I guess its working as intended, isnt it?

I noticed that the Standing Stones unique feature doesn't actually provide happiness, even though it says so in its Civilpedia entry. Is this intended?

same remark for remniants of Patria, not the +3 happyness, even if in city range (big cross)

also, a pink square each time i get a tech with "eyes and ears" or so wonder

Also, is it normal that battlemages get spell lvl 2 (spirit, sun, ...) when created ? I thought only lvl 1 spells were granted with buildings (and I took Dain, so it's ok for mind 2) ?

not really a bug:

my most favored economy is the priest economy with altar of luonnotar and theocracy. the thing is that i even end up with that economy when playing with the grigori, maybe you should add the perquisite to theocracy that the player has any state religion. it just doesn't feel right having the godless grigori living in a theocracy.

(i get priests by building the early agriculture wonder)

Some doc thingies I noticed in 8.04:

- paragraph is missing for the redeeming trait (e.g., Elena)
- txt_key_leader_elijah_pedia missing
- typo in history of The War Machine '[...] Doviello word for machine' was invented [...]' " ' " is missing before machine
- txt_key_unit_zarcaz_pedia missing

Some doc thingies I noticed in 8.04:

- paragraph is missing for the redeeming trait (e.g., Elena)
- txt_key_leader_elijah_pedia missing
- typo in history of The War Machine '[...] Doviello word for machine' was invented [...]' " ' " is missing before machine
- txt_key_unit_zarcaz_pedia missing

Zharkov,

can you be more specific regarding the "Redeeming Trait".

All the tag files are acounted for including help and strategy

Patch 8.04:

Thanks to my immortal Os-Gabella, I am able to create Adventurers' Guilds everywhere for free. Is that intended?

i play with amurites and my summons dont get benefits from combat and spell range promotions of the summoner.

€: wrong. It only affects the djinns of the rubbed lamb. I guess its working as intended, isnt it?

i would say yes, since you summoned the djinn via an item and it does not make that much sense if he would benefit from the casters promotions.

in all honesty though it is just a byproduct of the code (i made that item)

[to_xp]Gekko;9118017 said:
it provides happiness to cities that have it in the BFC, not to the whole empire ;)

Oh no, it was within the cross. I even worked it for a turn to see that changed anything, but still nothing.

Another issue: I was playing Amurites and had a chanter that got tagged as Aeron's Chosen. In the process, he lost the ability to use his escape skill. Is this intended?

Top Bottom