8.0x Bugs Thread

Sephi

Deity
Please only post bugs in this thread. If necessary add a savegame so I can deal with whatever bugs are left in wildmana. If you encounter a python exception, please post a screenshot or the line of the file where the error is.

the Wild Mana icon is missing, too bad I liked it ( the one on the desktop )

python exception upon checking out The Joining in the pedia.

is it normal that the civilopedia says that the spell allowed by necropolis ( which lacks text keys ) both adds and removes Drill I ?

yeah, normal. It's a spell you shouldn't be able to see anyway since it is used only by barbarians.

There is a missing text key for the Redeeming trait, so I am unsure as to what it is.

Also, Mordmorgan's ciliopedia entry suggests that he is good but his alignment is evil - bug?

sephi you did not completely merge the bug fix for my items (found here http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=9077197&postcount=129)

i just checked my files with the new wildmana version and you forgot to:
-move animal spirit guide promotion to DOVIELLO_CIV4PromotionsInfos.xml
-remove animal spirit guide from EQUIPMENT_CIV4PromotionsInfos.xml

it is only this promotion everything else is fine :)

i also checked the files that i uploaded a second time and they are fine

Edit 1:

for your convenience copy this in DOVIELLO_CIV4PromotionsInfos.xml and remove the old version from EQUIPMENT_CIV4PromotionsInfos.xml
Spoiler :

<PromotionInfo> <!-- Animal Spirit Guide / Doviello-->
<Type>PROMOTION_ANIMAL_SPIRIT_GUIDE</Type>
<Description>TXT_KEY_PROMOTION_GEAR_ANIMAL_SPIRIT_GUIDE</Description>
<UnitCombats>
<UnitCombat>
<UnitCombatType>UNITCOMBAT_ADEPT</UnitCombatType>
<bUnitCombat>1</bUnitCombat>
</UnitCombat>
<UnitCombat>
<UnitCombatType>UNITCOMBAT_DISCIPLE</UnitCombatType>
<bUnitCombat>1</bUnitCombat>
</UnitCombat>
</UnitCombats>
<iSpellCasterXP>50</iSpellCasterXP>
<bRemovedByCombat>1</bRemovedByCombat>
<bRemovedByCasting>1</bRemovedByCasting>
<Button>Art/Interface/Buttons/Equipment/SpiritGuide.dds</Button>
<bValidate>1</bValidate>
<iMinLevel>-1</iMinLevel>
</PromotionInfo>

Edit 2:
to everyone else: here is the fixed version from wildmana 8.0 just override the two files in the attachment

Hello,

Python Exception as below:

Attachments

• Python Exception0000.JPG
    Python Exception0000.JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 486
WoC when ending turn

I also have no idea why Beeri adopted OO since he's founded ROK ...

Attachments

• Gekko AD-0133.CivBeyondSwordSave
    215.2 KB · Views: 65
pink squares occuring on one of the promotion icons on mouseover of all acheron's friends (axemen and disciples),
edit: i think it's fireshield... next game i saw it on some fire-bows

pink square for the unit icon of the horseman in the civilopedia, playing as faeries

edit: a couple more missing icons
pink square for "crew normally" toggle on ships

red circle for the austin hero's unit model

i just checked my files with the new wildmana version and you forgot to:
-move animal spirit guide promotion to DOVIELLO_CIV4PromotionsInfos.xml
-remove animal spirit guide from EQUIPMENT_CIV4PromotionsInfos.xml

thanks, fixed

[to_xp]Gekko;9106690 said:
WoC when ending turn

I also have no idea why Beeri adopted OO since he's founded ROK ...

fixed, you should be able to continue your game by giving Loki the UNITAI_ATTACK script (he is in the balseraph capital)

upon hitting next turn the game will load endlessly (i am still able to scroll and ht emusic is playing so technically no crash).

first time this happened to me in wildmana (happened to me three times in base FFH) :(

Edit:
i loaded up an older savegame (three turns before this in the attachment) and tried deleting civilisations one by one to figure out what was wrong and it seems that there was some problem with the spawning of hyborem.

when i delete the sheaim from the older savegame i get nor error. then i tried loaded it again (three turns earlier) and it turns out that hyborem spawn just a turn before the savegame in the attachment and something must have went wrong with him.

now he is in play and everything is fine.

WoC at end of turn 46

Very early in the game on the end of turn 46 I get a WoC error. I have loaded the game 3 times and get the same error every time. Normally, I would just start over this early in the game, but I got such a promising start I would like to play it out.:king: Hope you can help.

Thanks!

Econian

Edit: Wildmana 8.0

Attachments

• Econian2.CivBeyondSwordSave
    189.5 KB · Views: 58
There is a missing text key for the Redeeming trait, so I am unsure as to what it is.

Also, Mordmorgan's ciliopedia entry suggests that he is good but his alignment is evil - bug?

Sephi,

it looks like this needs a help file, what should it say?

should i make a strategy entry as well?

Ability of Redeeming Trait is small chance % to trigger a golden age after defeating an evil unit.

Ability of Redeeming Trait is small chance % to trigger a golden age after defeating an evil unit.

how does this look?

Spoiler :
<Tag>TXT_KEY_TRAIT_REDEEMING_HELP</Tag>
<English>A reedeming leader may trigger a golden age for your civilization.</English>

<Tag>TXT_KEY_TRAIT_REDEEMING_STRATEGY</Tag>
<English>Redemption by defeating an "Evil" leader is possible, and could trigger a Golden Age!</English>

Top Bottom