A.I. not building new cities: Custom game settings, or Bug to blame?

conman

Chieftain
Hello all,
I'm back again after an 18 month break. Nice job with rev 1066 (last played 997). Anyways, I have ran a few different custom games now, and the AI doesn't send out settlers to build more cities, even after 100+ turns. If this isn't a normal "bug" in the system, then what custom game setting might I be running that would inhibit other civ's growth in cities? What settings or Victory Conditions promote more settlers by the A.I.? One City Challenge is NOT active.
Thoughts...help?
Ron

So I'm having the same issue... and no it is not a matter of the AI not affording the maintenance. We're talking about progressing halfway through a game and most AI civs only having a single city, with the exceptions having 2 cities (one out of 15 has 3 cities). On higher difficulty levels the AI should be all over the place by now. That is not normal. What gives? Standard AND download from the website, don't have any settings that I *think* would be causing this. Is it a bug?

Just playing world map game, turn 650 on snail now. Ai builds cities normally

I play Gigantic map sizes, and the AI spams out cities like there is no tomorrow.

The problems they have are;

Sufficient garrison forces.
Being able to afford those new cities.
Forestalling the rebellions in those cities.

Last edited:
Yeah make sure your AI is not suffering any revolution or so, this could prevent them to build more cities.
edit: editing to say I noticed that in my own playtrough.

Top Bottom