1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

A little chat with Lucky of GCA ( NEARLY WAR! )

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Multi-site Demo Game: High Council' started by Cheetah, Oct 14, 2003.

1. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

OK, cooling down...

Though that last point of the treaty's delcaration of war is making me not look at it as that harmful, the whole thing still puts us on a tight spot. With that treaty in hand, Lucky can go around to GWT and CGN, selling us as agressors, and perhaps even convincing them to attack us.

Also, Apolyton shouldn't be informed of this. It could hurt our relations with them in the long run, if they think we're chickening out.

2. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Ghost Agent

Versailles City, Vekta, United Systems of Vekta
    Well, the first thing that should be done is, move thoe units out of the borders of the GCAers. We want to remain as non-aggressors.

3. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

It's too late now. We need to take the chance, and strike for the iron. We know Apolyton will understand, though CGN and GWT could be another matter. It is possible that we use our story for how they started the war in the first place as our defense.

4. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Ghost Agent

Versailles City, Vekta, United Systems of Vekta
    I can picture it now, we would be using Baghdad Bob's lines as Propaganda for GWT and CGN.

"We are not agressors. Its all lies from the infedels the Gamecatchers". Plus its never to late to try to revert back.

5. Bootstoots

Bootstoots Warlord Super Moderator

Let's tell them that the treaty isn't valid until ratified, and hold a filibuster for a few turns on it so that we can prepare our army to attack them. Then, we wouldn't have signed any valid treaty officially with them.

6. Bootstoots

Bootstoots Warlord Super Moderator

Neither had I.

7. Micaelis Rex

Micaelis Rex Chieftain

Hold on now. I thought OID was scraped when we saw that iron wasn't connected to begin with. Also, I have delivered the annonated version of the treaty to Poly as requested, and they understand we are still in the process of attacking, and that the treaty effectively says nothing. About GCA, they know we are too weak to attack them, it already is a one front war. Why not surprise them with an attack, rather than announcing turns ahead of time?

8. Micaelis Rex

Micaelis Rex Chieftain

Oh, and I thought I would point out that the agreement is beautiful. We took everything Lucky wanted, wrote it down, and attached a clause that the treaty is void upon the declaration of war.

9. Micaelis Rex

Micaelis Rex Chieftain

Just noticed the correct treaty was never published, here it is:

On this 14th of October, 2003, the sovereign nation of Fanatikou hereby agrees to the following:
    1. All CFC’s units leave GCA’s in-game territory immediately.
    2. All offensive CFC units stay at least 1 tile from the border of GCA, as a buffer. All offensive GCA units will stay at least 1 tile from the border of CFC, as a buffer.
    3. CFC will attempt to initiate permanent peace talks with GCA.
    4. CFC will not formally ally with APO in game in any way in their quest for GCA’s destruction.

This treaty is to last until the war between APO and GCA has come to an end, or when either nation declares war on the other.

Signed,

Zarn, FA Minister of Fanatikou

10. Goonie

Goonie Lonely End of the Rink

How the hell was the treaty signed without a vote or approval?

11. Bacon King

Bacon King Chieftain

That means its not an actual treaty ratified by us, therefore we don't have to follow it... ;)

12. FortyJ

FortyJ Chieftain

Forget it... We just bought 1 turn of peace (assuming GCA hasn't declared war).

If we have gold, we should investigate the cities on our side of Balance of Power and then decide if we wish to honor this "treaty" or continue on our plan to deprive them of iron.

BTW, it's nice to see Lucky sweat. :D Let 'em stew in it for a while everyone.

13. Zarn

Zarn Le Républicain Catholique

Octavian, you shouldn't be steamed at me at all.

Operation iron denial was never passed in poll. There was also talk of aligning with GCA in one plan. Besides, you don't just sit troops on thier land. You have to delcare war near their bordeers, then move them in. Wondering units will make them suspicious. Also, Lucky threatened to remove the units by any means neccessary, if we didn't make a treaty then and there. What I did was simply foreign affairs. Keeping a treaty already intact is keeping the status quo. When you are at peace, you shouldn't move your units into their territory anyway. Again, war is suppose to be declared first. To be honest, he was more sure that we would attack then me. So, there really wasn't a surprise in it. Besides, I avoided a treaty that would have keeped us out of the war period. We can declare war at any time, still. It isn't a setback at all.

14. Gingerbread Man

Gingerbread Man Dark Magus

:goodjob: That is clever.

By the way, those people who claim we needed a poll to pass this, THEY WERE PLAYING THE SAVE!!! THEY WERE GOING TO DECLARE WAR THERE AND THEN!!! Do you somehow think that they will wait 48hrs for us to make a poll? That is 48hrs ticking on their clock. They would just declare the war, screw fanatikou and their slow-moving, beurocratic system. The sooner we are destroyed, the sooner they dont have to wait for us to actually respond!

15. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

Actually, This was a very clever agreement. :thumbsup: We can still attack GCA whenever we want, and they didn't (hopefully) attack us. :) We didn't lose anything, we were just tacticing...(I know the spelling is horrible.;))

So, IMHO, this deal isn't any harm, the opposite!:)

16. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

I like MRex's idea:
    I really support this, ASA we get a few MIs...How many do we have now?

17. FortyJ

FortyJ Chieftain

First off, we are not playing the AI that measures it's attitude towards us in treaty violations and such. We do not need to declare war before moving troops into someone's territory to preserve the world opinion of us.

Secondly, what you did with GCA is exactly what you should have done. Regardless of our intentions, and regardless of whatever action we take (or don't take) next turn, you did what needed to be done. I would dare say that if we continued moving in their territory next turn, and if Lucky contacted you again, you should reiterate that you know nothing about any intention to start a war with them and that we are 100% committed to peace with GCA.

In fact, I think you should be saying that to them even after we burn their last city to the ground.

:evil angry and bent on revenge smilie:

18. Micaelis Rex

Micaelis Rex Chieftain

Haha, thats the spirit 40. :p

19. Micaelis Rex

Micaelis Rex Chieftain

One more thing, hope I didn't overstep my bounds. I gave Poly the quote by Lucky saying they would attack this turn. Seemed like a good sign of friendship to me.

20. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

Yeah, 40J, you have the real spirit! :thumbsup: Didn't GCA say something just before they burned that city of ours? (Can't remember name...:()