A lot of new info from a German article

moysturfurmer

Emperor
Sit tight, this one's a doozy. Taken from the 2k forums.

Found a new german preview with lots of new details.
I jotted down some keywords of each paragraph in the article for you guys.

Trade System
- International Trade Routes with Caravans (land) and trade Ships (sea)
- You'll get to see in advance, what you and your trade partner will get from it
- The target city may be up to 10 (land routes) or 45 (see routes) tiles away at the beginning
- Radius can be increased by buidlings and tech.
- Besides the gold, trade routes also exchange Production, Food, Science or even Religion.

- trade units are automated and can move through military units and agents
- they can be attacked and will be killed if not protected
- they can be moved manually if in danger

Archaeology and great pieces of art
- There will be the possibility of archeological sites showing up where
1. a barbarian camp was destroyed
2. A city of a civ was destroyed
3. A big battle has taken place

- If you send an archaeologist there and let him dig for 3 turns you'll get the choice:
1. Let the resulting artefact become a "Great Piece Of Art" in the nearest city with a free slot or
2. Build a historical momument at that tile (+1 culture for each era that has passed since the original city/camp on that tile was built)

Ideology System
- Before being able to choose the first ideology policy, you have to reach modern age OR build 3 factories
- There are the 3 ideologies autocracy, freedom and order
- Each one provides 16 special policies which are structured in 3 tiers
- There are seven tier-1, four tier-2 und three tier-3 slots, so you can unlock 14 of the 16 policies max
- To unlock a policy of the next tier you need to unlock two "neighbors" of the previous tier before
- The player being first to unlock an ideology policy gets 2 policies for free

- Ideology policies provide more of the well known effects, mostly little bonuses in production, food, science and so on
- There are some specials though, like:
Autocracy
- "kamikaze": Allows all aerial units to sacrifice themselves to deal massive damage.
- "Gunship Diplomacy": yields +6 influence boost each turn with city states of which you could demand tribute
- "Total War": yields a 25% production bonus for military units, which gain additional 15 EXP right from the start
Freedom
- "Voluntary army": yields 6 free "Foreign Legion" Units right away (no maintenance)
- "space procurement measure": (3-tier policy) you may buy spaceship parts for gold, instead of producing them
Order
- "Junge Pioniere": +1 local happiness for workshops, factories and all kinds of plants
- "Double agents": Spies double up their chance for defending against enemy agents
- "Iron Curtain": free courthouse in conquered cities

The World Congress
- Once a player meets all other civs AND researches "Printing Press" he becomes the first president of the World Congress
- Therefore he gains two seets, all other nations get one.
- In later eras, the president gets i.e. 4 seets and each other nations gets 2, allied city states each get one.

- Each nation can propose resolutions
- After that there are 29 turns to get some support for proposals or even fight them.
- Resolutions are integrated into the trading screen („Vote for/against proposal X, then you'll get my luxury Y“)
- Leaders will react positively or negatively on your proposals (i.e. warmongers will hate you for proposing taxes on standing armies)

All 18 Resolutions
1. World Leader (Diplomatic Victory with 2/3 majority)
2. Elect Chairman (Who gets double vote?)
3. City State Ban (City State X cannot be a partner in international trade routes anymore)
4. Trade Embargo against Player X
5. Ban Luxury resource X (Players won't get happiness from that luxury anymore)
6. Tax on standing armies
7. Scholars Circle (Members research techs 20% faster, if another member already researched it before)
8. World Fair (Every Civ contributes to this project for a couple of turns. The 3 main contributors get a bonus)
9. World Games (see above)
10. International Space Station (see above)
11. Cultural Heritage Site (Each wonder yields +3 culture)
12. Nature Cultural Site (Each worked natural wonder yields +5 culture)
13. Nuclear Containment (No nation is allowed to build atomic bombs (existent ones stay ready for use)
14. World Religion (The civ which has the most city of this religion gets 2 additional votes and this religion speads faster and the holy city generates plus 50% tourism)
15. World Ideology (+ 2 seats in the world congress for nations with this ideology)
16. Art Funding (Great Writers, Musicians and Artists get +33 % tourism, Great scientists, engineers, and merchants get -33 % of what they do.)
17. Science funding (The opposite of Art Funding)
18. Historical monuments (Each Great Persons Monument yields +2 culture, Historical monuments yield +4 culture (if worked).

That was the most important stuff.
For the guys of you speaking german, here is the link to the article.

http://www.gamersglobal.de/angetestet/civ-5-brave-new-world?page=0,0

Also, found this, but I took it from Google translate:
"The Royal Library is a research bonus and extra EXP in combat units, where their masterpiece slot is filled."

So civs other than the French can now get Foreign Legions. Interesting.

If true, odd that Order gets free Courthouses. Looks like Freedom will now be the concrete science victory route.

I see foreign legions are part of the Freedom tree. That sort of promotes the idea that the Chateau is a new French UI and the foreign legion is not a French UU.

of course this comes moments after I do a big update, back to the editing board

I wonder if that means to unlock an ideology or to select a first tenet after unlocking it.

(trade units) - they can be moved manually if in danger

I was worried about these units being totally automated, and am glad to see this!

(archeological dig sites) - A big battle has taken place

I wonder what they will consider a "big battle"? :think:

(Freedom Ideology) - "space procurement measure": (3-tier policy) you may buy spaceship parts for gold, instead of producing them

Wow, science victory seems to be the easiest already, and this will make it even more easy....IMO

(World Congress) - World Leader (Diplomatic Victory with 2/3 majority)

May have already been talked about before, but I can't remember.......so the Diplomatic VC is getting a bit of a change as well! Great News!

wow, french must be really changed and i guess remained with musketeers.

kamikaze. time for japan autocracy.

i still bet we might have a civ that would only take advantage of WCs.

Excellent details. I wasn't too interested with the new Idealogy system before, but now I can't wait to play with them. Thanks for sharing!

Well, if diplomatic isn't the economic victory anymore, space race could be with that freedom tenet.

Kamikaze sounds like it may actually be useful. There are plenty of times when I will have a fairly large number of fighters left over after all the enemy bombers are destroyed. If the damage is significant enough, I wouldn't mind throwing those fighters into enemy ground/naval.

Gunship diplomacy is interesting. IF you CAN demand tribute, but don't, then you gain influence. That's pretty crazy. Just park your units next to city-states and reap the benefits.

Modern Era seems LATE. I would have thought Industrial Era. Great article, thanks for translating.

I didn't. i just copied and pasted.

Eh, WWI infantry are unlocked with a first tech (one of the more important ones IMO ) in the Modern Era. So I think it's alright flavor wise. And You can still unlock it by Industrializing as soon as you unlock factories. In fact the more I think about it, the more I like it. It gives you options.

Gunship diplomacy is interesting. IF you CAN demand tribute, but don't, then you gain influence. That's pretty crazy. Just park your units next to city-states and reap the benefits.

maybe the CS will feel like you are strongly protecting them in this case, since you could easily wipe them out with your units, but choose not to?

maybe the CS will feel like you are strongly protecting them in this case, since you could easily wipe them out with your units, but choose not to?

Oh, I see the logic. The city-state thinks, "dang, those guys are powerful. Better to be their friends than their enemies."

Has there been any word yet on how often or when additional ideologies are picked? Is it separate from the culture/policy system?

And yep, like the countless examples of a super power saying "Hey, you are going to trade with us and be on our side in any military conflicts" and if they say no, you just kind of nod to the large number of troops standing near the city. "On second thought... that sounds like a good idea :D"

Top Bottom