A lot of new info from a German article

I'm just glad to see that the Foreign Legion isn't getting tossed out completely.

The Ideologies/World Congress are more complex than I imagined. Very cool.

All of this makes me wish it was like July 9th now. But its still April :cry:

Gunboat diplomacy? That is brilliant haha. Now i can actually position all my random ships and units near city-states to get influence. You know what, i cant really gather the motivation to play GnK anymore when i read how so much more awesome BNW will be~

Impi concept art on page 2 in the article. I'm on an iPad so I can post it.

I google translated the article and noticed this little gem.

"The Royal Library is a research bonus and extra EXP in combat units, where their masterpiece slot is filled."

I ****ing KNEW the Royal Library was going to have something to do with Great Works. Looks like if you keep a GW in the Royal library it acts like a mini barracks.

Impi concept art on page 2 in the article. I'm on an iPad so I can post it.

"The Royal Library is a research bonus and extra EXP in combat units, where their masterpiece slot is filled."

I ****ing KNEW the Royal Library was going to have something to do with Great Works. Looks like if you keep a GW in the Royal library it acts like a mini barracks.

You should update the OP with that info.

Wow, that just added a new layer of awesome to Assyria; quite the synergy!

After further reviewing all this new information, late game is going to be unrecognizable. We're going from nothing to do (outside of war) to too much to do.

P.S. Article written in German... HRE is going to be announced next ;)

Interesting. I wonder why the distinction of Modern OR 3 factories.

I think it's genius. The fear I had was that you had to choose your ideology before everyone else and your friends became enemies. Here you will probably get some idea before your 3 factories, but there's a set time if you're stubborn.

I think it's genius. The fear I had was that you had to choose your ideology before everyone else and your friends became enemies. Here you will probably get some idea before your 3 factories, but there's a set time if you're stubborn.

Good thinking.

I also considered maybe it is a minor bonus to those who get/have coal. Assuming the coal requirement is still in place, you can't build factories unless you have it. So the modern requirement may be the "pikes" of the ideology system--you still get it, just not as quickly if you don't have coal.

I suppose the three factories route is also supposed to emulate history... three factories, in game, represent fairly advanced industrialization. Industrialization in any country is generally what brings advanced social ideologies. If not cause, at least correlation.

wow there was a ton of new info in that review

Impi concept art updated to the "Concept Art" section of the BNW Screenshots Gallery thread

yep, I would say this and the RockPaperShotgun review were the most interesting out of all the bunch that cam out of the last few days

But can Privateers raid trade routes etc?

what if you banned cs trade and resources then how can you unban them at a later time?

Kamehameha for World Congress.

I think they might slow later era's time advancement or 29 turn for resolution is too much. As it make "perfect" sense the world used decades to decide on a thing, and I don't get why you can't choose all policy in a ideology. Can someone explain this for me? :confused:

July is too far away! As someone who was thoroughly disgusted with the joke that diplomacy is in Civ V, I cannot wait to see this (dare I say) revolutionary new addition!

Top Bottom