A More Perfect Union

The Third Congress of the Communist Party is in progress in Washington. Little has been achieved so far, except speeches and general celebrations for the Party reaching "Major Party" status. We are still waiting for the new delegates to arrive, but in the mean time, we are reminiscing the first ship "Granma" to reach these shores... telling war stories on how we threw the imperialists out... and jokes about the hardship on founding of Washington... Well, there's more vodka for us now that the other members haven't shown up.

Supreme Court Rulings, Judgements & Constitutional Interpretations
  • SC-16: Party status due to number of members does not change until the player list is updated at the beginning of the next congress session.

Commentary: Although the Communist party's 5th member happened to join fairly early in the week, it could just have easily happened 5 minutes before the end of the session. The Communist Party does not officially change status to Major Party until the list is updated for S5.

darknight and filli noctus are still both candidates in the minor party primary for representative of New York 2nd, and communist party members are still eligible to vote is this primary

Attention American Citizens!

The United States Congress is now an open forum for all to view. Senators and Representatives, please accept your official invitations to the group. Citizens, if you have something to say to Congress, send it to your Senator or Representative for posting in the SG. Or, you can simply post it here.

OOC: The idea for a seperate Congress group is for faster communication between Senators and Representatives as their numbers increase.

edit: I have since changed the purpose of the Congress Social Group. See the Historical Archives thread in the SG for posts in the intial AMPU version.

I vote for myself, darknight66071, for Senator of Washington.

As I said previously, if elected I promise to perform my duties and exercise my rights as Senator consistantly. I am very interested in enacting more social policies in Liberty. I am also very interested in improving our productive capacity as a nation.

I would like to propose a bill:
America shall adopt Republic as the next social policy.

Senator Rudragun

As Representative of New York District I, I propose the following bill:
The Constitution of the "More Perfect Union" America may be amended through same process as the real-life Constitution of the United States of America, with in-game cities corresponding to real-life American states.

The following was posted in Congress's SG as a proposed dot map for our third city.
Representative Sparthage's Dot Chart said:

Location 1: "The Iron City"- The main bonus of this location is clearly that we get Iron and another source of Spices to trade away for gold or to supplement any future happiness issues. Also, after cultural expansion we will have Game and Cattle to support growth of the new city. The nearest city would be Washington at four hexes in between the cities. NOTE: If it were to be built 1 Hex NW of its current propsed location, we could fit in Location 4 as a later city. However, I think that the excellent terrain immediately surrounding its present location is ideal for a third city.

Location 2: "Filling in a Gap"- Here, the bonuses are the Stone, Fish, and Marble (yet another lux for us to use). It also has the potential for a springboard of a small naval campaign against the Japanese, or to launch missions to find other civilizations. Using this location for building a navy, as opposed to New York, lets New York focus on the other aspects of a successful civilization. It would also have three hexes between it and both New York and Washington; making this location be one of the better choices in terms of proximity to our other cities.

Location 3: "Agressive Forward Base"- As is implied by the name, a city in Location 3 would be good for an assembling ground for our forces when we go after the Japanese. Within its maximum cultural limits it would have Spices, Marble, and two fish (presuming that other cities aren't founded closer to them). A downside is that it would likely take the brunt of a Japanese counterattack, but its being surrounded by forests and hills would give our Minutemen an advantage in defending the city. Like Location 1, the nearest city would be Washington at four hexes in between the two cities.

Location 4: "Steal the Natural Wonder"- I would be against using this location, but I might as well bring it up. The advantages of this location would be that it would have instant control over the Spices near New York and would offer the opportunity to claim the Iron and the Natural Wonder (Krakatoa?) upon cultural expansion. It would also require just a single road to connect it to the soon-to-be-established trade network. My main issue is that it would cramp the growth of New York for sure as it grows. That and the fact that it would be a poor strategic choice, leaving the whole of the north open to Japanese settling. The nearest city would be New York at three hexes seperating the cities.

The Locations above are numbered in order of my preference, but what do you guys think? Any other locations or things to add to my notes?

Here is my bill:

New York shall place a Coliseum as the next item in its production queue.

I would also like to thank Sparthage for his city-location map. I marginally favor locations 2 and 3 (well, one spot SE of 3, because 3 is too close to Japan to be allowed) over location 1, because we need the marble.

Whereas it is recognized that the Japanese threat requires immediate expansion of our Nation, and,

Whereas the Congress in its debate has proposed suitable Settler locations and ensured support for such an action,

I am issuing a Presidential Executive Order to send the Settler to found a new city in location "1" shown in the map provided for us by Representative Sparthage.

Let it be known that, as of this next session of Congress, I hereby join the America's Fist Party. This fulfills the promise I made with my very first post (!) that I would join the 3rd major party in our great country.

But I make this decision not just to uphold my word. Not just does AmFist's manifesto match my own ideals, but the individual members of it have proven themselves thorough, rational, sensible in their deliberations and decisions. This is precisely the type of leadership this country deserves, and that I endorse as a statesman. All should note, however, that I will continue to vote and act with my principles, and not necessarily with my party...although since New York's citizens are almost all AmFist, it shouldn't be tough to make those align for congressional elections.

From sea to shining sea, fellow citizens!

OOC: With a 3rd major party, we are now more pluralistic than real-life America!

Let it be known that, as of this next session of Congress, I hereby join the America's Fist Party. This fulfills the promise I made with my very first post (!) that I would join the 3rd major party in our great country.
Welcome to the party Grey!
All should note, however, that I will continue to vote and act with my principles, and not necessarily with my party...
Of course, I'd vote against myself if I thought that I would not act correctly. :crazyeye:
OOC: With a 3rd major party, we are now more pluralistic than real-life America!
:lol:

With Grey's joining of the America's Fist Party, this makes us a Major Party on the same standing as the AFP and Communists. The elections should get interesting in the future.

The Supreme Court has issued the following rulings, judgements and constitutional interpretations.
  • SC-17: Bills and/or Executive Orders may reference a labeled location on in in-game map, as a clear and concise way to indicate a location.
  • SC-18: Bills and/or Executive Orders may reference previously enacted laws and/or Executive Orders, as a clear and concise build upon already enacted legislation.
  • SC-19: Bills and/or Executive Orders may not reference out-of-game documents, maps or materials, as they have not been established as part of the game.

:gripe::gripe::gripe: SERIOUSLY YAHZUK???!!! SERIOUSLY???!!! :gripe::gripe::gripe:

How's this for a bill?
The Liberty Bill said:
:thumbsdown: The Supreme Court will be abolished. :thumbsdown:
Just kidding, yahzuk, just kidding. But seriously, how do you want us to tell you where to move the settler to if we can't give you a picture with a circle on the spot?

I'll propose this bill instead:
The Defense of Future American Lands Bill said:
The United States Armed Forces are to capture any Japanese settler outside of Japanese territory.

SC-17 specifically gives you the ability to mark up a picture with a labelled dot, as you already have done, as long as the picture you're starting from is one of the screenshots from the game.

What you cannot do is take a picture of a RL atlas of the United States and use it as the starting point for your picture with a dot, because the atlas would be considered an out-of-game map.

Ohhhhh... *gains wisdom as to yahzuk's wording"

Then the declaration thingy is just poorly worded...

And you have no problem with my newer bill?

Busy session! Wasn't able to finish tonight. I'm away most of the weekend, so expect results until late Sunday or Monday.

Busy session! Wasn't able to finish tonight. I'm away most of the weekend, so expect results until late Sunday or Monday.
I will stop expecting results at 7:30 PM on Sunday :)

Top Bottom