A New Dawn Beta Builds

Attached logs + savegame...

Made a mistake the OOS was around 1100 A.D.

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    7.1 KB · Views: 42
  • DJ We$t n. Chr.-1100.CivBeyondSwordSave
    691.9 KB · Views: 46
i had oos as well,
ai autoplay first few turns.....

hope the guys will be able to fix this.

ok im currently making mp tests,
and i can confirm that revision 460 is not multiplayer compatible,
so i rolled back on revisions, i don't know the correct revision number, but i do know that
the revision that was released on the 1/6/2011 does work in multiplayer game (lan testing).
so, i guess some python code caused this problem - i will try to pin point the exact python file that causes te problem.
im no expert im just gonna add the changes part by part from revision 460 to the older im using that works under mp, hopefully i will detect the problem (dunno how to fix, debug or work with the logs).

id love if you guys (koshling, afforess) can help us get mp back :)

edit, well got an oos after all, its some messge about the romeventmanger..
tried to remove the romeventmanger from the python folder...Nada, still got oos.
me very sad now.

Keldath, if you could post the error log for any python exception, it'd be extremely helpful.

alright - heres the whole set of logs
i could get,
it also includes the ooslogger files, to me its just seem like a summrize of the game...:)

also including 2 screen shot of the oos.

i really hope youll figure this out, thanks anyway!

edit = sorry for the double post...

Attachments

• full log set.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 45
Hi, I'd like to know why most of terrain improvement civic bonuses were removed... IMHO that's what made most of the civics really unique...
Especially, now farms seem completely useless in the early game:
- You can't get +1/+2 :food: per farm from Caste/Feudal+Slavery anymore.
- Until you get Crop Rotation, farms only produce +1 :food: like Cottages, but without the :commerce: bonus, can be built only on flatlands near rivers, and need Canal Systems to be spread.
- But why bother with farms at all? Agricultural Tools cost about the same to research than Crop Rotation which gives you Windmills and Watermills that produce +2 :food: +1 :hammers: / :commerce: .

Forts don't seem attractive to build on frontlines near cities anymore, now that they don't get extra resources from that civic (forgot which one), especially since IIRC they lack Zones of Control.

Lumbermills and Workshops might be less attractive now that Proletariat doesn't give them bonuses anymore...

Also, and that also applies to 1.75, don't you think Priests are overpowered? You can get +2 :hammers: per Priest from Masada and Angkor Wat, which makes them produce more :hammers: than engineers, plus they get multiple bonuses from civics, and some of the civics give you unlimited priests...

Thanks Keldath,

Hi, I'd like to know why most of terrain improvement civic bonuses were removed... IMHO that's what made most of the civics really unique...
Especially, now farms seem completely useless in the early game:
- You can't get +1/+2 :food: per farm from Caste/Feudal+Slavery anymore.
- Until you get Crop Rotation, farms only produce +1 :food: like Cottages, but without the :commerce: bonus, can be built only on flatlands near rivers, and need Canal Systems to be spread.
- But why bother with farms at all? Agricultural Tools cost about the same to research than Crop Rotation which gives you Windmills and Watermills that produce +2 :food: +1 :hammers: / :commerce: .

I disagree. So many civics had so many different improvement bonuses, that it didn't make any civics unique at all. Just bland. And it hurt the AI, because they'd start tearing up improvements every time they swapped civics.

I've left the civic changes to a select few of the civics where it historically & gameplay-wise fits, but most of them are gone. The civics are still very unique.

Forts don't seem attractive to build on frontlines near cities anymore, now that they don't get extra resources from that civic (forgot which one), especially since IIRC they lack Zones of Control.

Thinking about making fort ZOC mandatory...
Lumbermills and Workshops might be less attractive now that Proletariat doesn't give them bonuses anymore...

If an improvement is only worthwhile to build under a specific civic, than the improvement is broken, not the civic.

Also, and that also applies to 1.75, don't you think Priests are overpowered? You can get +2 :hammers: per Priest from Masada and Angkor Wat, which makes them produce more :hammers: than engineers, plus they get multiple bonuses from civics, and some of the civics give you unlimited priests...
Do they? I'll change that.

Ok, if you want to keep it like it is now, then why would anyone build farms?

The game crashes when ordered to go back to the main menu, I'd send you the logs, but I didn't find any in logical locations, despite enabling them.

Several BUG options have disappeared and Revolutions doesn't seem to work anymore.

Is there a way to speed up the starting of the game? On my system it takes several MINUTES to open...

There seems to be a visual bug during fights when combat ends before every unit has been eliminated...

That's no bug, I've had that happen all the time. It's only irritating because it seems like your side loses even though you still have units of equal number to your attackers

Ok, if you want to keep it like it is now, then why would anyone build farms?

Food. Cottage/Hamlet/Village/Town's do not provide enough food. (actually, Town's end up costing food due to health issues)
Several BUG options have disappeared and Revolutions doesn't seem to work anymore.

That's just a bug with the beta, and a fix was already posted in a separate thread.
Is there a way to speed up the starting of the game? On my system it takes several MINUTES to open...

It depends on the map generator you use, not the mod.

Farms do not provide more food than Cottage/Hamlet/Village/Town in the early game...

I have trouble with the SVN server, I managed to download ~800 Mb just fine, but now it stops after downloading a couple of Mb...

So if I remove all the map generators except the one I'm going to use the game will start faster?

So if I remove all the map generators except the one I'm going to use the game will start faster?

Oh no - I thought you were talking about when you first start a new map (once the game is loaded), not the initial loadup.

Beta 3 is up

Fixed Revolutions
TONS of balancing
Sevopedia improvements from C2C

If I install the beta 3 over the top of beta 2+a file from the svn and my own workaround in XML will A) it work at all and B) will my existing save work?

Top Bottom