A New Dawn Beta Builds

dont mind the name of the installer, its the latest svn rev.

The installer name wasnt updated with the mod.

Since Installjammer is so conveniently cross-platform, I went a bit overboard and scripted nightly builds from the repo. Props to code99 for his excellent tutorial!

http://www.atmoburn.com/?&s=RiseOfMankind

I admit that it's kinda pointless at the moment, but maybe being able to skip this small step of the development process will provide a little incentive for Afforess to continue his great work. :)

Besides, I was curious if you could actually build a Windows installer on Linux. :) The installer version is tagged as "2.0 svn YYMMDD" so the installer always tells you how old your build is. I think its more useful than the svn version and I couldn't be arsed to parse that. :p

P.S.: Google chrome says that the download is "malicious". I'm assuming it has something to do with that whole windows signature thing, because my windows build didn't have that problem. Will keep investigating.

Edit: It seems Google Chrome will report any exe file as malicious until google has downloaded and scanned it - unless it comes from a trusted domain. Since these are nightly builds, they will probably show up as malicious for a while, until google scanned enough of them raising the trust level of the domain. So far that domain never had any binary downloads. More info here: http://www.metacase.com/blogs/stevek/blogView?showComments=true&entry=3507822463

Originally Posted by Skie

I too have seen jungles pop-up over mines and even towns/villages/etc...

Got that fixed locally, don't panic.

I can't locate the fix for this, has it been uploaded/made available?

Additionally I have found that there are a number of Wonder Movies that only come up with a black screen and some of the soundtracks seem to be missing.

Do you need specific information on which wonder movies are not working or soundtracks?

Hi

I am having trouble getting the SVN install going on win7-64bit.

I have downloaded SVN and ran it and and exported filesOK, its the installjammer i am having problems with - how do you "install" it. I unpacked the download (two different sorts of unpack) and navigated to the windows binaries directory and ran installkit.exe which opened a console (as well as saying it didn't install correctly). There was no file open option but there was file 'source' which i loaded the 'A New Dawn Install Script' but got an error message 'can't set "::InstallJammer::InstallCommandLineOptions": parent namespace doesn't exist'

I'm pretty sure i am doing this totally wrong - any advice very welcome.

Many thanks

in direct solo game I cannot build wonder, it says 0 world wonder allowed per city when I keep my cursor over the icone for a wonder.
but i Solo custom I can, but religions are not allowed.

I have never seen that in previous ROM AND.
I cannot found any option about it.

in direct solo game I cannot build wonder, it says 0 world wonder allowed per city when I keep my cursor over the icone for a wonder.
but i Solo custom I can, but religions are not allowed.

I have never seen that in previous ROM AND.
I cannot found any option about it.

Just read some of the previous posts in the bug thread, I think it's been discussed there. World wonders limit it's a bug but I think there's a workaround; as for religion, I think it's related to Divine Prophets (imported from C2C) and there should also be a workaround. I don't use ver2 anymore so I can't be more specific :)

I somehow got religions to work by doing a "quick start" game first, then quitting to main menu, and starting a custom game. Also, deleted my cache and deleted my civ4.ini

I have tried with Quick Start, Custom Games, , re-installing the mod and I still cannot get any Religions.

just running my first 2.x game on giant map, 32 factions, w/o barbarian.

Bugs I meet until now (turn 380):
- the first ~200 turns I had *any* end turn an error msg "error end turn...."
- right mouse no longer works proper (so all featrues of right mouse click or keep mouse down while moving no longer work
- seems to use more processor usage than before (before I had on 4 cpus two parked and two up to 55% , while now I have two parked and two up to 80%, or as Winodws Resoucenmontior says for all CPS now average 35% of all while before average 26%
- in right overlay with farction counts there is one faction only with all information in line, all other give partially information only.
- wrong images, i.e. in early game already images of industrilization for settlements

the critical point will be when I come over turn 700, I never could play an AND with this map to the end, always crashed because DLL somewhere between 720 and 780

(autorun as test will give no right result, because then the diplomatic and city windows etc. for choosing new buildings, or other popups don't come if AI does autorun.)

edit:
just now found another new problem: too much speed at wrong action:
when I'm in a turn, want to move units, choose destination, before or while I'm just pointing the units to the new destination, a window with a leader may popup and overlapps all. In old version the leaders come all before I cound manage the units. Now it is simultan and overlapping. Did you try to make it like "realtime" ? That's the wrong way.

BTW: the installer is buggy: does not find the game / folder if it is not the default (I have my games on F:\ with short names for the top folder) . Then is better to have no installer than such one.

edit (being now turn 600):
and more bugs found (as otherwise it's stupid):
- fixed borders is possible if Monarchy as government. independent what you choose for other.
- can't see uran, althozght I made the research related
- can't upgrade Gallons to transport ship, although I have all requirements.
- in religions, there often one holy city get lost and a religion is shown as foundet in "nowhere"

edit(turn 635):
- got transport ships when started Logistics and had all other before, think this is too late, having destroyer already and need to use galeons for transport ?
- Uran visible when I got Flight, also too late.

I think the diplo screens showing up while moving units around might be because they are insanely laggy, specaly lategame the game often frezes up to 10 seconds when i accept a trade request.

I agree, gallions are around for way to long, it would be nice to have some semi modern transport.

Tunnels are rather expensive, are you sure you have the cash for them?

150,000,00 should be fine for it

btw: also after research cognitive roboter and build construction ships it is same: they also cannot do more than a old worker boat

the contruction ships have as option "build road to", but like ships, they cannot build a road ;-)

Tested it, i can confirm this bug.

*edit*
Also apparently jumplanes can be build on water alowing ships to move faster, i dont know if this is a bug or intended.

Top Bottom