A New Dawn Beta Builds

Terradive said:
I've been trying to do that. Is there something new going on with the symbols? When I do run into an error, it only offers disassembly. Before I moved over to the latest and greatest version, I could debug. Did you change anything? It is possible that I could have inadvertantly chnaged something. Ever hear of something like this? The symbols are loading, but apparently it is not working correctly.

You need to build a debug dll.

I still have that problem where the game says it failed to write ini files. It then lists them off. Part of the interface is missing and all units are just one guy instead of in a formation. I have tried re installing many times but it doesn't work.

an example of what it says:
BUGOptions-failedwriting ini file-C:/Program Files/Firaxis Games/Sid Mier's Civilization IV/Beyond the Sword/Mods/Rise of Mankind-A New Dawn/Usersettings/Autolog

I think the fonts tga file is wonky - city bar isn't displaying unhappy and unhealthy icons.

Just downloaded latest version, and this problem still present. Anyone mind telling me how to clear it? I gather from other posts that there's too many blank lines in the file, but I could do with someone pointing me in the right direction there :)

EDIT: Duh, I'm an idiot. I didn't update the shortcut to point to the new version. Ignore me :blush:

Do I need Rise of Mankind 1.75 first to install A New Dawn or is this a stand alone?

It's a standalone AND 1.75C (last non-beta version), no need for anything else :)

45°38'N-13°47'E;11258630 said:
Noted in 1.75C, don't know if it has been solved in following versions; once you build Modern Granary you can't build Bakery anymore because it requires Granary (which is replaced by Modern Granary). Maybe Bakery should require Granary OR Modern Granary?

The same goes for Hypermarket; Shopping District requires Supermarket which is replaced by Hypermarket; but once you build hypermarket you can't build shopping district anymore. Shouldn't shopping district require Supermarket OR Hypermarket?

im using the newest svn beta im wonderin if i have instaled the game correctly. when i build wonders,walls infact anybuilding atall my city just looks the same. walls and barracks and stuff used to show up on the main map as your cities grew.I am still getting the correct benafits from buildings only i miss the way the city used to show what you built by looking at it on main map.

City view was changed to keep a graphics CTD from occurring.

It was in one of the Global defines file but idk which one.

JosEPh

Ugh can anyone help me install installjammer on windows 7? I have no idea wtf I'm doing. Everytime I try to open an .exe in the windows folder it just hangs

ok I go the installer working, had to download it from a third party since they removed the usable version, but now I can't find where the heck the project got saved to. :s. So much work, but the payoff will be worth it

edit: found the installer but it's 1.76 beta 1. I thought it was version 2 but fixed for wonders? arghhhh

Have you tried to get the 2.0 beta from SVN?

JosEPh

Have you tried to get the 2.0 beta from SVN?

JosEPh

I'm having trouble finding it. Could you point me in the right direction please?

edit: success? http://anewdawn.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/anewdawn?view=revision

editedit: so I don't think this should be changing the URL I use for the svn checkout, it just tells me what files were added or changed. So using the link given to me in the first post (https://anewdawn.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/anewdawn/Trunk) should give me the most recent svn for beta 2? But I got an svn for beta 1 in my output file?

editeditedit: I did it again ,it uses the most recent svn (570 from feb) but at the end I get this "03/16/12 05:51:56 PM - Installer located at Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn 1.76 Beta 1.exe"
I don't understand

Hey new guy here. Love the mod, just wanted to report some bugs on the latest svn:

-Stack attack doesn't seem to work anymore. Units attack one at a time. Also, after attacking, sometimes the groups split up for no reason.
-If a city produces power by one means, can we deactivate the other choices? Seems weird that i have a fusion/hydro plant and can still build coal and oil plants.

Haven't seen an update on the svn in a while, is progress still going?

Hey. I think I found a bug. I got the "Siamese fishermen have organized their own workboat fleets" event. But no fishingboats appeared next turn. Do I have to have fish in my city's vicinity for the workboat to appear?

For those who cannot be bothered to figure out SVN, any chance of releasing a new beta version any time soon?

Top Bottom