A New Dawn Beta Builds

I installed AND, and there were no modules, and there were only the "standard" civs that came with Rise of Mankind (Siam, Assyria, etc). There were also no custom leaderheads as well.

:scan:
there is no version notice and history, so it is a suspect release, and I cannot see in any ways that this should be "more stabile" (stupid catchword always used if no concrete information is available)

No, because they are automated nightly builds from the SVN. I'm overwriting the installer version information with the current date, so you at least know when you downloaded it. The rest is part of the SVN code, which isn't being updated at the moment as far as a I know (making nightly builds kinda pointless right now, but hopefully useful in the future). You might have noticed that proper version information is missing in the beta 2 download also.

The current SVN version is "more stable" than the latest official beta build from personal experience and forum reports. It's anecdotal evidence. :p If you read through this thread, you will find several posts about things being fixed in the SVN which aren't in the latest beta release yet.

I'm offering this as a small contribution to this mod and because it's a bit of a hassle to build your own SVN version if you just want to play it. I'm not forcing you to use these builds. You're welcome to use the official beta 2 or build your own version from SVN. :p

got a link?

Click my signature for the Official Forum.

Yuo can learn more about it here also:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/caveman2cosmos

all good...found it. how stable is it??? has anything been removed thats was in dawn?

It probably has 3 or 4 times as much stuff as a New Dawn, and Version 23 is extremely stable, alot of people are working on it..even mods. Im the techs guy, and still need to add 300-400 Techs to the Transhuman and Galactic Era. With SVN..there are like at least 5 updates a day.

I installed AND, and there were no modules, and there were only the "standard" civs that came with Rise of Mankind (Siam, Assyria, etc). There were also no custom leaderheads as well.

I experienced this as well.

I've been gone from this since version 1.76 beta, and just returned to this new version 2.02 beta. I haven't noticed anything new, though I have noticed a great lack of things like custom leaderheads, custom civs, etcetera. Fully aware of the fact that I had initially added in several hundreds new leaderheads manually but I don't remember there being so few...

Anyways, wut up, what's changed, when can I start ruining my game again with 9000 custom leaderheads and civs?

Hello!
I have a simple question. Why change of rounds take so long?
I installed version 2.0 beta 2 and the PC needs at an advanced game (standard card size) 12 seconds to switch to the next round.
I now have my Q9450 Intel2Quad against an Intel Core i7 3770K and exchanged the round change still needs about 12 seconds.

Traubibaer

In German:
Ich habe eine einfache Frage. Warum dauert der Rundenwechsel so lange?
Ich habe Version 2.0 Beta 2 installiert und der PC braucht bei einem fortgeschrittenen Spiel (Kartengröße Standart) 12 Sekunden zum Wechseln in die nächste Runde.
Ich habe jetzt meinen Intel2Quad Q9450 gegen einen Intel Core I7 3770K getauscht und der Rundenwechsel braucht immer noch über 12 Sekunden.

Traubibaer

Naw its not, tbh i realy do not like it.
I agree, in this case less is more.

Hello!
I installed version 2.0 beta 2 and the PC needs at an advanced game (standard card size) 12 seconds to switch to the next round.
I now have my Q9450 Intel2Quad against an Intel Core i7 3770K and exchanged the round change still needs about 12 seconds.

This is because the engine of Civ4 is not well suited to multiprocessing. There are some solutions applied to the development of the mod, as the parallel processing of the C2C. But as this mod is virtually stalled for some time, not incorporated them. I particularly liked a lot of Realism Invictus.

Hello!

Traubibaer

In German:
Ich habe eine einfache Frage. Warum dauert der Rundenwechsel so lange?
Ich habe Version 2.0 Beta 2 installiert und der PC braucht bei einem fortgeschrittenen Spiel (Kartengröße Standart) 12 Sekunden zum Wechseln in die nächste Runde.
Ich habe jetzt meinen Intel2Quad Q9450 gegen einen Intel Core I7 3770K getauscht und der Rundenwechsel braucht immer noch über 12 Sekunden.

Traubibaer

The Civ IV engine is 32 bit it Does Not use multithreading.

AND is almost 1 GB in size and dwarfs regular BtS. 12 seconds between turns is quite good in fact. And the Bigger the Map and the More AI you start the game with only compounds the processing time that a single 32 bit core engine can handle.

JosEPh :)

I agree with JosePH_II I have a amd processor with dual cores, a 1 Gig Video card, and 6 Meg of memory and a 64 bit Operating system.

I'm currently playing a GIGANTIC (needed caps ) map, and I have to wait 10 sec's or so between turns, but the year is 1865 (roughly). I'm teching into the future era.

A 32 bit base program (BTS 3.19), is going to be 32 bit no matter what you do, what mods you make. Even if the mod is programmed in 64 bit software, and uses emulation to run the 32 bit base, it will still only be 32 bits.

128 bit Processors, still emulation 32 bit.
16 bit processor, just won't run it.

15 sec's or < for a Giant/Gigantic map, is the best we can do.

Thanks for the answers. Yes, I know that CIV 4 is not multiprocessing capability. But I had promised myself by changing the CPU really more (from 2.6 to 3.5 GHz or 3.9 GHz).

And good to know that are 12 seconds a good time.
I thought my PC is broken. :) For a standard Map a bit long. :-(

I will overclock the 3770K times to 4.5 Ghz. I have a water cooling system.

Let's see how many seconds it saves.

regards
Traubibaer

Thanks for the answers. Yes, I know that CIV 4 is not multiprocessing capability. But I had promised myself by changing the CPU really more (from 2.6 to 3.5 GHz or 3.9 GHz).

And good to know that are 12 seconds a good time.
I thought my PC is broken. :) For a standard Map a bit long. :-(

I will overclock the 3770K times to 4.5 Ghz. I have a water cooling system.

Let's see how many seconds it saves.

regards
Traubibaer

Please post your results!

I tried it. 12 seconds, the time was changed the cursor to the globe.
I have now measured the total time of the last unit for the first window with a stopwatch.

3770K Standard = 26.8 seconds
3770K @ 4.4 GHz = 23.1 seconds (CPU temperature above 15 degrees)
3770K @ 4.6 Ghz = blue screen before Windows desktop

Greeting
Traubibaer

I still think performance could be increased if you run the game in a simultaneous turn mode, but the multiplayer still has quite a few bugs which causes problems when trying this.

Hello.

I have installed A New Dawn 2.0 Beta 2 on a fresh virgin installation.

I have no wonder possible, mondial or national. And some other big bugs, like infinite happyness in one town, without any relation with regims.

What is the problem ? Have I not intalled the right file ?

Top Bottom