A New Dawn Beta Builds

I have finished the German translations (for my part), excluding most pedia and strategy entrys as before. Attached are all text files that are contained in the Modules folder (version 1.60 Beta2).

A few entries appear in the civiliopedia although I couldn´t find any corresponding text file with it. Therefore of course I couldn´t translate them. They are:

Technologies:
Special Promotion

Units:
Giant Squid
Giant Turtle
Sea Serpent

Improvements:
Industry (dense, heavy, light, medium, sparse)
Jungle Camp

I have finished the German translations (for my part), excluding most pedia and strategy entrys as before. Attached are all text files that are contained in the Modules folder (version 1.60 Beta2).

A few entries appear in the civiliopedia although I couldn´t find any corresponding text file with it. Therefore of course I couldn´t translate them. They are:

Technologies:
Special Promotion

Units:
Giant Squid
Giant Turtle
Sea Serpent

Improvements:
Industry (dense, heavy, light, medium, sparse)
Jungle Camp

All of these don't have TXT_KEY's, the text is literally inside of the XML (which is just because the makers were lazy). The best thing to do would be to create new Text files for them with the text entries for all the languages, then you could translate them. I'll merge your translations into the next beta, thanks! :p

Haha, new Formations mod is Cool and work very well. The Scaling Civic Screen is also working perfectly.

But the victory conditions screen still has shadow text when scroll down. Did you know this bug before?

Can I see a screenshot?

That is (partly) my fault, I haven´t replaced all those special characters, but some older translations contain them, too. A copy/replace of the following would be necessary:

ä & #228;
ö & #246;
ü & #252;
Ä & #196;
Ö & #214;
Ü & #220;
ß & #223;

(Without the space between & and #)

I could do that quite easily with Notepad++ and post all Text-XMLs here, but maybe it´s simpler for you, Afforess, if you do it by yourself (if you care, anyway).
And I promise, to include this in all future translations :yup: .

BTW: Not sure if there might be an issue with french/italien/spanish like é etc.

If you could provide the updated text files, that would be great.

AND 1.60beta2
Bug 0: normal, game play | Resource Refinement, I have had games where I could build Resource Refinement buildings even though the AI had control of the resource (it was in my city's fat cross but the AI controlled the tile). Before building the Resource Refinement building I had no access to the resource (Stone, Marble, etc.). After building the Resource Refinement building I had 2 of the Resource in question.

Bug 1: minor, installer | custom setup | description box for Buildings, Inc., cuts off who it is made by.
Bug 2: minor, installer | custom setup | description box for Surround and Destroy, not attributed to Dexy (I believe).
Bug 3: minor, installer | custom setup | description box for VARIOUS, not attributed
Bug 4: minor, installer | custom setup | description box for No Storms, some storms are spawned- not sure of the requirements, might want to put something in there about that to stop bug reports in future (I have seen others comment on storms at the beginning of the game, I believe?)

As for your first, bug, I'll fix it for the next release. (Simple matter of checking to see that you own the tile). Thanks for the installer bugs too, I never have time to check every possible configuration.

I found that the game with mastery victory option, displayed every player has launched space ship. therefore every player gets 100 point from start BC 6000.

Will check it out.

As for how the game is going, Artesian Wells are very saddening now- I got so excited when I was able to build it only to be let down where I noticed it was without the +15%. I mean, I knew that they were nerfed but I was trained like a Pavlovian Dog to respond when those dern wells showed up! :D (Damn it, TF, it isn't X-mas anymore ;))

I am enjoying the game so far- I dropped down a difficulty level but as I was on an island by myself it didn't seem necessary. I have to play through a few times to get a grip on the changes. I like the additional buildings in the beginning of the game and now that the Artesian Wells are nerfed the Apiary has shot up in value.

I don't believe it is an issue with AND but the AI really needs help with Revolutions (still). I know not to expand too fast but the AI still seems to pump out the cities even though it can't handle them (Rev-wise). I don't want to submit a bug/request to RevDCM (name?) as I am not sure what changes AND might have on that mod.

I don't believe it is an issue with AND but the AI really needs help with Revolutions (still). I know not to expand too fast but the AI still seems to pump out the cities even though it can't handle them (Rev-wise). I don't want to submit a bug/request to RevDCM (name?) as I am not sure what changes AND might have on that mod.
I have seen this in RevDCM by itself.

Bug?: Technology: Architecture - gives +1:health: with Storage Pit <- by the time one gets to Architecture the Storage Pit is replaced by the Granary (although, it is possible to build a Storage Pit after discovering tech that allows one to build a Granary, and makes sense to do so for low hammer cities....).

Not sure if the above is a bug...

I have seen this in RevDCM by itself.
The latest versions? I haven't used any of the recent RevDCM (last 6+ months?) since I have gotten it from RoM/AND.

Had an error again in the classical era, whereas, i was attacked by (Revolting) barbarian axeman and won but poof, CTD.

EDIT:
I believe this error might have something to do about it??

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "BugEventManager", line 357, in _handleDefaultEvent
File "Revolution", line 572, in onEndPlayerTurn
TypeError: len() of unsized object

EDIT EDIT:
Now i get this traceback every turn, so i have to stop playing.

bug: minor, Himeji Samuai Castle hover text - says nothing about double gold pillage or enemies not receiving gold on pillage or capture of cities.

I've had a few CTD blamed on ntdll.dll. I just installed Patch Tuesday updates and have not rebooted- maybe has to do with that? Game turn 277/813.

Bug: Naval combat seems to result 100% in captures....

bug: minor, Himeji Samuai Castle hover text - says nothing about double gold pillage or enemies not receiving gold on pillage or capture of cities.

I've had a few CTD blamed on ntdll.dll. I just installed Patch Tuesday updates and have not rebooted- maybe has to do with that? Game turn 277/813.

Fixed that.

Bug: Naval combat seems to result 100% in captures....

I was adding some new features, and forgot to change it back, it's easier to debug that way. I'll fix it. :p

How close are you to releasing a new build I am waiting patiently :D

Lots of changes, Beta3 will be big! It will be today, but probably not for another few hours. :p

:(

P.S are you incorporating some of the changes in RoM 2.9?

That is (partly) my fault, I haven´t replaced all those special characters, but some older translations contain them, too. A copy/replace of the following would be necessary:

ä & #228;
ö & #246;
ü & #252;
Ä & #196;
Ö & #214;
Ü & #220;
ß & #223;

(Without the space between & and #)

I could do that quite easily with Notepad++ and post all Text-XMLs here, but maybe it´s simpler for you, Afforess, if you do it by yourself (if you care, anyway).
And I promise, to include this in all future translations .

BTW: Not sure if there might be an issue with french/italien/spanish like é etc.
If you could provide the updated text files, that would be great.
OK, here we go, all files from Assets/XML/Text based on AND 1.60Beta2 with all available german translations and all ä, ö, ü, ß eliminated (replaced).

OK, here we go, all files from Assets/XML/Text based on AND 1.60Beta2 with all available german translations and all ä, ö, ü, ß eliminated (replaced).

Out of curiosity, what was wrong with the unicode numbers instead of the unicode characters?

Lots of changes, Beta3 will be big! It will be today, but probably not for another few hours. :p

I am busy attacking trying to finish at least one game before this version goes bu-bye!:p

Top Bottom