A New Dawn Beta Builds

My script is anewdawn>trunk>A New Dawn Install Script
It's dated 5/31; 92K
It takes me 10-15 to compile (on a high-end machine).
I would right click on the folder, tortoiseSVN>show log. Make sure its up to 552. You may also try using the TortoiseSVN>clean up. That's helped me before.

Nope....

552 is in use.
Creates the .exe in 0.02 sec
Builds and runs 1.76 Beta1.exe (1.55mb) this then requires a huge 3.68kb of space when its running.
Ideas?

Hello. It appears that installation file doesn!t work for me. When i am almost complete it always give me an installation error.

I have windows 7 64bit, A new dawn 1.75 (i will put additional infomation if you want)

Please, help me :)

EDIT: Is possible that someone can upload rar file of this beta build?

once i start step 15, yes i wait..but it always turns out that "the program is not responding" tried several times now, same thing and also tried waiting for the program to respond, its been waiting over night now. still no change, also tired re-installing the program as well. no luck. cant seem to get past step 15, any help would be awesome.

or can i just use the installer on the first page, will that give me the same version as going through all the steps or they different

I created a temporary separate beta thread until such the time that Afforess returns.
Go here!

176b5: unit hover info does not show strength. Did until 175c as usual.

I think you broke the save games when you removed Ammunition, didn't you?

rev 500?
My Theatre of Dionisus didn't get obsoleted by Free Artistry.

#1 Ammo and sulfur were removed but it can be played if you had Maximum Compatible save before updating. Worked for me. But personally I suggest a new game because removing ammo and sulfur is a whole new game universe of faster late game play for AI (IMHO).

#2 No idea about that building. Will check it out.
EDIT: I checked. It does that. Check that your custom assets folder is clean or check your own file because it is not SVN, it is you.

Then return to previous version or just start a new game.

The units that Auto-Hunt don't heal automatically after being wounded.
I want them to automatically head back to the nearest friendly city and heal like Auto-Border Patrol ordered units do.

BUG REPORT (sorry to multiple posts; not sure where this goes).
Using v556.

I upgraded to Coinage (which consumes all gold). Then I changed to guilds later on. Even though I have gold still on the map, all my cities register as not having gold.

Even if I settle a new city near a new source of gold, I still don't get credit for it.

I don't think having selected Coinage civic at one point would rule out ever having access to gold in the future. So I assume this is a bug and not as intended.

Maintenance for number of cities seems a bit odd to me. As soon as I move to despotism or monarchy it goes to a negative figure and thus the total maintenance becomes fairly trivial. Am I missing something?

This problem is repeatedly asked about, but I'm not sure we had any answer so far...

Has anyone figured out what is up with the Maintenance and the Monarchy civic? Monarchy is my favorite gov't civic and I can't bring myself to keep playing because it gives me such an advantage.

I just upgraded to 1.76 from 1.75 and it never seemed to happen in 1.75.

Has anyone figured out what is up with the Maintenance and the Monarchy civic? Monarchy is my favorite gov't civic and I can't bring myself to keep playing because it gives me such an advantage.

I just upgraded to 1.76 from 1.75 and it never seemed to happen in 1.75.

Are you crazy? I could not suffer Monarchy to last for 3 turns before going back to Despotism, because the +1:gold: cost per military unit threatened to completely bankrupt my tiny nation with its vast army. With Despotism, I had an income of +12 or so gold per turn; turning to Monarchy, I had a deficit of at least -100:gold:

No other benefits of Monarchy outweighed the shift back to Despotism.

As for the maintenance, I too demand a clarification of what the hell is implied here. Buildings that ADD to maintenance report a -:gold: Actual, whereas buildings that SUBTRACT maintenance report a.... -:gold: Actual. What the is this?! I tried studying the inner city's maintenance records between each turn in which a maintenance reducing building was completed... and while my gold income reflected a decrease in cost, the maintenance cost in the city itself remained the same.

It appears the whole maintenance thing is totally screwy at the moment. I am no expert, but it seems to me that the problem has arisen due to the new home and overseas cities thing which I think is new here. What appears to be happening is that the the base totals are wrong and that home cities are being counted as overseas and vice versa.

For the base totals, it seems that the maintenance costs are by default 0% and city maintenance is, for the most part, utterly meaningless now. You can get around this by increasing the HomeAreaMaintenanceModifier and OtherAreaMaintenanceModifier by 100 points for each of the Government civics. This restores the maintenance costs to more or less how they should be.

However, the switched home/overseas values mean that something like Conscription is also causing problems as it actually increases the maintenance of all your home cities by 25% and it means that you are not getting free maintenance with Chiefdom. I guess you could change all these too. But then again, Despotism seems all wrong and I can't seem to get that to work as it should be.

Really, it would be nice if Afforess could have a quick look at this as he presumably knows more about what is going on here and can (hopefully) put in a simple fix. Otherwise, I think the 1.76 mod as it stands is completely broken, which is a shame.

I think you broke the save games when you removed Ammunition, didn't you?

rev 500?
My Theatre of Dionisus didn't get obsoleted by Free Artistry.

this obsolete thing with theatre if dionisius is extremely imbalanced! I lose the game because of this. My main city revolts without any end. Please remove that the theatre becomes obsolete!
:-(

I don't play Revolutions.
But I wonder why don't you prepare other countermeasures before reaching at the tech?

Otherwise, I will let Afforess decide the fate of that building.

The tech that obsoletes it gives you another wonder that removes city happiness, so it's not that bad. You just have to put off getting the tech and plan to deal with a few turns of unhappiness. If your empire is so unstable that it collapses after a few turns of unhappiness, you might have to tweak your strategy.

Here is a consistent CTD savegame. Maximum Compatibility of course.

Attachments

• RoM Game.CivBeyondSwordSave
    513.9 KB · Views: 55
Top Bottom