A New Dawn Beta Builds

I was wondering if someone has any idea what is going on or what I am doing wrong.

I downloaded the source files per the instructions at the beginning of this thread and also followed the 'simple guide to creating a DLL' thread. Edited the makefile for my paths, etc. I haven't made any changes to any source files, just testing to make sure everything is as it should be. When I build the solution file the DLL created is 7460 kb vice the 6472 kb DLL that you get when you install AND.

When the mod is loaded, everything seems normal but when I press Alt-Ctrl-O to bring up the BUG options window there are only the three most left tabs showing, most of the options from the AND tab are missing, and all of the tabs to the right of AND are missing.

Any clue what is going on? Thanks.

I run a AMD II X2 245 cpu 2 gb ram and a Gforce 9400 GT 1gb card and after a long session of playing I get a vid card memory allocation error also I get a crash when i try to play a giant map before it even finishes loading but i recall i also tried to set realistic corps so i may try a giant without that setting will also try less civs but im limited on $ so i cant upgrade graphics card at this time and lowering the civs number makes the game less fun. i just upgraded from 1.75 to 1.76 beta 5 will try this out and see if the memory crash bug was fixed but id have to play for 3+ hours straight to test it.

I run a AMD II X2 245 cpu 2 gb ram ...

You're short on Ram. 3GB or more is advisable. If your OS is 32bit you need to use the 3GB Switch function. (It's a Stickied thread in the Main RoM forum).

JosEPh

I was wondering if someone has any idea what is going on or what I am doing wrong.

I downloaded the source files per the instructions at the beginning of this thread and also followed the 'simple guide to creating a DLL' thread. Edited the makefile for my paths, etc. I haven't made any changes to any source files, just testing to make sure everything is as it should be. When I build the solution file the DLL created is 7460 kb vice the 6472 kb DLL that you get when you install AND.

When the mod is loaded, everything seems normal but when I press Alt-Ctrl-O to bring up the BUG options window there are only the three most left tabs showing, most of the options from the AND tab are missing, and all of the tabs to the right of AND are missing.

Any clue what is going on? Thanks.

Remove the Rise of Mankind from the ram6 folder to the BTS/Mods folder?

in next version please add world map scenario giant map. not random place and many civs. america and so on...

in next version please add world map scenario giant map. not random place and many civs. america and so on...

Hi, you must be new here.

This mod, Rise of Mankind A New Dawn, is massive in size and scope. It takes up not just a huge amount of space but of memory as well. The base game moves quickly and fluidly; this mod does not.

It has been optimized and slashed down as much as possible to make it load quickly as possible, but it is still a very slow load.

As it stands, playing the game on a Standard-sized or Large-sized map, without Revolutions or Emerging Civs, will be about as fluid an experience you'll get on big mps.

If you added in Giant-sized maps, I highly doubt your gameplay experience would amount to much, as the game would move very slowly, and likely end up crashing several times.

Actually, giant-size works quite fine for me. True, turn load takes a bit longer in the late game, but it's not game breaking, it's around 60 sec with 14 civs and about all features like Rev etc. on giant Earth for me. That's totally acceptable for the huge content additions.

Actually, giant-size works quite fine for me. True, turn load takes a bit longer in the late game, but it's not game breaking, it's around 60 sec with 14 civs and about all features like Rev etc. on giant Earth for me. That's totally acceptable for the huge content additions.

Wtffffffffffffffffffffff

If I had all those features on with 14 civs on a Large sized map, I'd have longer load times by the Classical era, and I have a high-powered machine with 8 GB Ram and graphics card that can play any modern video game on highest settings smoothly

But do you "let Windows..." managed your video performance and ram usage?

I play on Giant maps with 8-10 AI all the time. I have a Dual Core E7400 IBM chipset @2.8Ghz with 8GB of 1066Mhz DDR2 ram and a moderate vid card (Radeon HD 4650 with only 512Mb of DDR2 ram and Pixel shader 4.0) all on a Sata dual bios Gigabyte mobo. All this is now going on 3 years old to boot. OS is Win XP Pro x64.

JosEPh

Right click the My Computer Icon on your desktop. At the bottom select Properties.

A popup window will appear that has System Properties as it's header. Select the Advanced Tab.

The 1st Section will say Performance, click the Settings button.

A new popup will appear. Named Performance Options. It will have at least 3 tabs.

The 1st tab will be Visual. It's an important one.

There are 4 radio buttons with options located there. The 1st one reads,"Let Windows Choose what's best for my computer" That's what I'm talking about. Do Not Use That One!

Choose either Performance or Custom. Unless you are familiar with all the options under Custom, Performance is best suited for Playing BtS. If you do have some knowledge of the "Custom" option you can select the one you will want and Custom will be your setting.

Now we look at the 2nd tab of this popup, Advanced. It has 3 sections. The 1st and 2nd should be set at Programs. (click the radio button next to it to select it.)
Now the 3rd Section is Virtual Memory and it sets your Paging File Size. Since you have *GB of Ram on your machine the paging file size should be at least 8184MB. If it is lower than that click the "Change" button to access and increase the paging file size. When you click Change you will get another popup window. It has a button called Custom. Custom contains Initial size And Maximum. Type in 8148 for Initial and 12285 for maximum. Do Not click: No Paging file or System manged size buttons. Click Set button then the OK button at bottom.

On each of the preceding popups click Apply and then Ok on the popup that preceded each one we've opened.

This will give more of your ram to the game and keeps Windows from hogging ram it does not need.

JosEPh

Edit: You will need to be logged in as Administrator for your computer, Not User.

Right click the My Computer Icon on your desktop. At the bottom select Properties.

A popup window will appear that has System Properties as it's header. Select the Advanced Tab.

The 1st Section will say Performance, click the Settings button.

A new popup will appear. Named Performance Options. It will have at least 3 tabs.

The 1st tab will be Visual. It's an important one.

There are 4 radio buttons with options located there. The 1st one reads,"Let Windows Choose what's best for my computer" That's what I'm talking about. Do Not Use That One!

Choose either Performance or Custom. Unless you are familiar with all the options under Custom, Performance is best suited for Playing BtS. If you do have some knowledge of the "Custom" option you can select the one you will want and Custom will be your setting.

Now we look at the 2nd tab of this popup, Advanced. It has 3 sections. The 1st and 2nd should be set at Programs. (click the radio button next to it to select it.)
Now the 3rd Section is Virtual Memory and it sets your Paging File Size. Since you have *GB of Ram on your machine the paging file size should be at least 8184MB. If it is lower than that click the "Change" button to access and increase the paging file size. When you click Change you will get another popup window. It has a button called Custom. Custom contains Initial size And Maximum. Type in 8148 for Initial and 12285 for maximum. Do Not click: No Paging file or System manged size buttons. Click Set button then the OK button at bottom.

On each of the preceding popups click Apply and then Ok on the popup that preceded each one we've opened.

This will give more of your ram to the game and keeps Windows from hogging ram it does not need.

JosEPh

Edit: You will need to be logged in as Administrator for your computer, Not User.

Oh, you mean that. The paging thing. Yeah, I don't have windows choose what to do with it, and my paging size is 13000 MB, and I have a Windows 7 premium 64bit thing, so I can use all 8 GB of my RAM. But the Rise of Mankind A New Dawn is still sluggish and slow with giant maps and more than 10 civs at a time on them.

So just wanted to start my first beta game of 1.76 and met the first CTD without even starting a game :p When I enter the civilopedia and view the entry of a civilization, the game is able to from what I can tell correctly show the civ entry but at the same time crashes. This seems to be the case for any civ, but only with those. Other entries seem all to work fine.

No, it is not related to any specific civs from what I can tell (haven't tried all, but randomly picked some and always the same result). But this only happens when I enter the civilopedia from the main menu, not so when in-game. So that I presume also rules out shader.

Another unrelated but Jesus-holy-cow annoying problem:
Am I the only one experiencing the issue that when using a stack to attack, the computer does not automatically exclude the unit which fought if it can't move anymore afterwards? Cause this is what is happening to me now all the time. Which means I can't attack with the whole stack chosen unless I again and again select all units still capable of moving. Annoyiiing :(

That's why most of us turned Stack attack or whatever it's called Off. Combined with Surround and destroy and the Withdrawal option it can get a bit sticky.

JosEPh

I want to ask if the worker can or can not clean infection smog? And where is shielding technology, and super bio weapon and mind control missile?
I use AND 1.6beta5.

I think I have a pretty bad bug I've been trying to fix
so whenever I start up a custom game I get this
Spoiler :

and then after clicking through all the pop ups it says that I am a leader that I didn't pick of the wrong civ (I think this one was sitting bull of the mali)
Spoiler :

When I found my first city I found naguhlism and zorosterianism and a whole bunch of odd "support our troops" type ribbons get plastered all over my city and it gets about -45 gold and science as shown here:
Spoiler :

After that it crashes and I get put back on square one. The funny thing is that I don't get any of these problems when I use a scenario. I've tried getting rid of the files and reinstalling but I get the same results. If someone could help that would be fantastic, since I would love to actually play this mod.
I am using the most recent 1.76beta build but I think the same thing happens with 1.75

Note: I use Linux, but emulate windows to get mod to run.

I've ran into a similar problem, I'd (if think from memory) installed the game emulating Windows 7, (My applications).

I then changed the emulation to Windows XP (Program files)

This caused similar errors to what your describing.

At a Guess, and an uneducated one at that (in the way of windows) It's looking for one thing in Program files (for example), when they are installed in My applications.

Depending on Operating system installed (assumed windows here), you need to re-install the mod correctly.

Mod needs to go into C:/...What ever path you use.../Beyond the Sword/Mods/Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn

Further to this, Mr "I can't upgrade my video card" :eek::eek::eek: WTF... 8x better then my original video card, but I had 4 Gig of Ram. THIS IS THE CHEAPEST upgrade you'll get for a 32 bit program.

2 Gig, I :lol::p:lol: at your 2 Gig with a 1 Gig Video card, :cry: :((so jealous)

I now use a 512 Meg Video card, Huge difference, but the memory stayed at 4 Gig. (its maxed out for 32 bit programs)

64 Bit programs, they'll just EMULATE (Hey that's what I do) a 32 bit program, Won't run in 64 bits, so that wiz bang server at your place of employment that runs 128 bit programs, ain't going to cut it either. You know that one with 128 Gig of ram, 100 Tera bytes of data disk, runs off a small power plant.

Squarg,
Try holding the shift key down while the mod loads to clear the cache. From what you've posted it resembles the problem when players have used a previous version and the cache has saved certain set ups. Then when you try the new version the cache trys to place the old and you get those type of results.

Another way is to start a Play Now game instead of a Custom game. The Play Now mode also clears the cache.

Another possibility is that you have 2 versions of AND in your Mod folder. This will most definitely cause problems. It can also happen if you have a RoM version in there too. AND is based off of RoM and many of the schemas are still named Rise of Mankind.

If you have either still in the BtS/Mods folder, remove them to a folder outside of the CIV IV/BtS directory/game path.

JosEPh

Top Bottom