A New Dawn Beta Builds

Good suggestion. I have a shortcut to my saves and usually launch from there. But in the initial loading of the mod, I have been going thru the default BtS interface -- and that is where I get the message.

g

You need to create a shortcut to Rise of Mankind mod so you will encounter this only once after you set your preferences. Then use that shortcut always. Do not go through default BtS interface to get to RoM.

Playing beta5, I think I noticed a small bug:
when you have a field commander GG, he doesn't seem to get an xp if your unit gets autopromoted instead of scoring xp.

Can't seem to build apple orchards... Doesn't give the option to build an orchard on apples/olives. All it does is cut the forest down.

beta5

You need to create a shortcut to Rise of Mankind mod so you will encounter this only once after you set your preferences. Then use that shortcut always. Do not go through default BtS interface to get to RoM.

It didnt matter, i went trough the shortcut the first time and it still did the low specs stuff, just like i had to go trough the Bug Button twice to get the Advance Diplo stuff etc that i didnt want also:crazyeye:

It didnt matter, i went trough the shortcut the first time and it still did the low specs stuff, just like i had to go trough the Bug Button twice to get the Advance Diplo stuff etc that i didnt want also:crazyeye:

:shrug: There's nothing we can do. Reason: I use my shortcut all the time. I only had this only once when there is a new CTRL+O option, then after that, I never have the problem like that again.

Also, it is entirely possible that you are playing with other mods too so that may mess up things as well. I know because I played with other mod once (RevDCM with AUA included) and the options were messed up because AND 1.74b5 is different from RevDCM+AUA.

Not Afforess' fault. It is something in .exe that Afforess can do nothing about.

'Added Advanced Economy option'

What exactly is advanced economy? Can't seem to find anything about it in the forums.

:shrug: There's nothing we can do. Reason: I use my shortcut all the time. I only had this only once when there is a new CTRL+O option, then after that, I never have the problem like that again.

Also, it is entirely possible that you are playing with other mods too so that may mess up things as well. I know because I played with other mod once (RevDCM with AUA included) and the options were messed up because AND 1.74b5 is different from RevDCM+AUA.

Not Afforess' fault. It is something in .exe that Afforess can do nothing about.

I hear ya, and when a beta first comes out, i never put anything in it, at first, just to see how things are running, then in later games i add stuff, so when this happend i had nothing but RoM and AND, thats it. Its ok, like you said usually after the first time the low specs go away, BEST thing is that that darn Shortcut Options is FINALLY gone:goodjob:

btw i never blame Afforess for anything, i just try to help, thats it, nothing more nothing less. Blame belongs to the Politicians:lol:

As i always say, "Just Have Fun.";)

EDIT:

OK which of the following in the pic, is making the turns from turn 1 about one minute long? (i am only playing with 6 civs) That way i can get rid of that stalemate:confused::mad:

EDIT:

OK which of the following in the pic, is making the turns from turn 1 about one minute long? (i am only playing with 6 civs) That way i can get rid of that stalemate:confused::mad:

Test each on its own to find out? :)

Anyone else missing Drama?

EDIT: I noticed this last night and reinstalled ROM2.92, AND1.74beta5 (normal install, REV 189) and it was still missing. I'm wondering if because it would appear in the same tech column as insurance, if somehow the tech tree isn't getting drawn correctly now? In WB I can see Drama listed as a tech, so it's in the 'pedia, just not showing up in the tech tree...

Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Ice Breaker} Meteorology Arctic Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming Sports {Early Buildings} ANM {Historical Wonders} {Better RoM} Guilds {Modern Corporations} {Civic Diplomacy} {Building Upgrades}

Version:
1.74 Beta5

Some biggie issues with the latest Beta

1. xUPT is broke again. It's impossible to attack a full stack and now I have to use shift to get one of my stacks around around another stack because the path goes straight through the full stack but it won't move.

2. Drama is missing.

3. Is there something wrong with the tech tree? I open it up and click on a tech and....nothing. I can't change which techs I want to research.

4. The Cloud Pattern tech has no effects.

On the other hand, the AI doesn't build settlers right off the bat anymore

Barbarian World can really slow things down if you have BarbCivs on and the map has a new world.

A little bug for production panel.

It says that the workers trained +100% faster for the Slavery Civic, but in the city screen, the production panel show me that only +10% from the civics. Let me calculate it:
6 * ( 100% + 10% + 25% ) + 1 = 8.1 + 1 ~= 9,
6 * ( 100% + 100% + 10% + 25% ) + 1 = 14.1 + 1 ~= 15

So I guess the number displayed in the city screen is wrong, the real bonus of the Slavery civic is +100%, not +10%. Will you fix it?

A little bug for production panel.

It says that the workers trained +100% faster for the Slavery Civic, but in the city screen, the production panel show me that only +10% from the civics. Let me calculate it:
6 * ( 100% + 10% + 25% ) + 1 = 8.1 + 1 ~= 9,
6 * ( 100% + 100% + 10% + 25% ) + 1 = 14.1 + 1 ~= 15

So I guess the number displayed in the city screen is wrong, the real bonus of the Slavery civic is +100%, not +10%. Will you fix it?

No. The info for hover-over for production of specific units had not made it into the hover-over yet. I prefer it that way, too complex if show in hover-over. You just need to trust that the math is actually there in the code.

Personally, what I will like is to have all the calculated stuff that go into training/constructing be put on the hover-over of that object on that bar bottom of the growth bar. Then it won't be too complex. Leave Production hover-over as is. It is bad enough with confusing numbers of hammers for buildings that only increase productions for units in general. So, in summary, not a bug. Just not have information on the city screen.

Why will beta 5 not allow me to exit back to the main game screen? It only allows exiting to the desktop?

I have installed a fresh ROM 2.92 and AND Beta5, just wondering what is causing my fishing boats to be of no effect on a coastal fishing tile. The tool tip reads that it has an OVERGROWN fish resource, normally this tile would produce an additional 3 food with the boats, but I am only getting the standard 3 food the coastal tile produces on its own. Any idea what is causing this?

I have installed a fresh ROM 2.92 and AND Beta5, just wondering what is causing my fishing boats to be of no effect on a coastal fishing tile. The tool tip reads that it has an OVERGROWN fish resource, normally this tile would produce an additional 3 food with the boats, but I am only getting the standard 3 food the coastal tile produces on its own. Any idea what is causing this?

There was some talk in another thread about having tiles revert to wilderness over time if they are not worked. This was for land tiles and I'm not even sure if Afforess has started making this happen or not. You could try sending another fishing boat out and see if that changes it.

Top Bottom