A New Dawn Beta Builds

I have it too.

Also why did we take a step backwards? I'm referring to this, Why do cottages, workshops, Watermills, and trade posts have to "Remove" forests. Workshop and watermills never did before. And here I thought that from the discussions that forest was being actively sought after to preserve instead of remove. Are we back to Forest chop "rushing" again?

Is it because Orchards plant forests?

JosEPh

Forests need to be preserved, namely for the fact that without them, the AI does very poorly (at least in my experiences). IMO, the only improvements which should remove forests are Industry, Windmills, Farms, Plantations, Waste Refinement, and Soylent Green; if improvements destroy forests like they did in vanilla civ, it would make RoM difficult to play since chopping requires iron working.

I don't find it an issue. Since there's now a "Burn Forest" option available at the start for workers, taking down forests is much easier. Meanwhile, forest regrowth has been completely redone so unworked tiles can be "overgrown". Problem right now is that apparently, the forests can overgrow work boat improvements (I haven't ran into that problem yet).

@ Afforess:
Why does the Winter Chalet give +1:yuck: ? The description is being a vacation home, place to relax, etc. I would think that it would give either +1:) or +1:health: and maybe a -:gold: because it's expensive or -:hammers: since you're taking away people from being productive...?
Just a thought...
tourist are bad for the environment and usually bring in money. of course the chalets are not build for the locals but for visitors/tourists. and you get no happiness because tourists are mostly not locals. so it's a business that hurts somewhat the nature.

Incidentally, I had been playing a game with Religion Decay option turned on. I had not gotten any nasty surprises there. So far, so good.

Anyone else want to give their own after-action report about that one as well?

As far as the overgrown fishing boats problem goes, I can confirm it on my end too. It seems that EVERY water square starts out 'overgrown,' although you can only tell when you build a fishing boat. You can correct the problem in the World Builder by using the forest tool and erasing the 'ghost forest' from the square.

The bug isn't literally placing forests on the water squares. You can use the World Builder to make aquatic forests, and it looks and behaves differently from the overgrowth bug.

The ghost forests don't appear to grow back once erased. I let the game run for 100 turns, and not a single water tile became re-overgrown. That isn't proof, but it's the best I can do.

As far as the overgrown fishing boats problem goes, I can confirm it on my end too. It seems that EVERY water square starts out 'overgrown,' although you can only tell when you build a fishing boat. You can correct the problem in the World Builder by using the forest tool and erasing the 'ghost forest' from the square.

The bug isn't literally placing forests on the water squares. You can use the World Builder to make aquatic forests, and it looks and behaves differently from the overgrowth bug.

The ghost forests don't appear to grow back once erased. I let the game run for 100 turns, and not a single water tile became re-overgrown. That isn't proof, but it's the best I can do.

Also seeing the problem with the overgrown fishing boat.

I also liked to see improvements not to clear forest, like in previous version, cottages in forest just should give no +1 :food: and mines leave forest. Btw. burning down forests can be a good defensive action if you play with xUPT because you can clear the battlefield areas.

Playing with 2.92 and Beta 5.

I haven't been able to get as much testing in this weekend -- usually, I run 3 or 4 games on full AI autoplay to make sure there aren't silly CTDs, usually starting from the beginning of time. In my last testing, I have been seeing CTDs in the renaissance and industrial times. I've installed a minimal complement of AND options, and turned off revolutions and didn't have xUPT turned on. I didn't keep saves, so I cannot yet be helpful -- but will set up some games today and when I get CTDs, will post saves.

Have others been seeing CTDs where in 2.91 weren't CTDs? In 2.91 with AND, I would very rarely get gameplay CTDs.

Playing with 2.92 and Beta 5.

I haven't been able to get as much testing in this weekend -- usually, I run 3 or 4 games on full AI autoplay to make sure there aren't silly CTDs, usually starting from the beginning of time. In my last testing, I have been seeing CTDs in the renaissance and industrial times. I've installed a minimal complement of AND options, and turned off revolutions and didn't have xUPT turned on. I didn't keep saves, so I cannot yet be helpful -- but will set up some games today and when I get CTDs, will post saves.

Have others been seeing CTDs where in 2.91 weren't CTDs? In 2.91 with AND, I would very rarely get gameplay CTDs.

No CTD for me. In early Renaissance era now. Had one MAF, though. But that was due to leaving a game still open during night when I'm sleeping. I change my patterns now. I save and exit BtS when I go sleep.

Plus, I plan on not installing Blue Marble next time. Other than that, I have my graphics at the lowest. So my one MAF was due to overlong game being opened and to Blue Marble.

Also, if your strategy include having many, many units border patrolling, be sure to have them in about 10-20 groups. I tried to have individual unit BP and at Renaissance era, there are just too many so I just changed my patterns of automated units. Now it is better. So be careful with how you choose which units to automate for what purpose.

No more advice other than actually playing a game and catching a consistent CTD (if there is one) and upload your AND install log and savegame, and wait for Afforess to come back in one week and half.

This new beta is pretty stable on my end as well. Running Blue Marble with the Highest Settings on a Gigantic map and no CTDs, infinite-globe-spinning, and other game-ending madness. As a matter of fact, I think it's even running faster than it did in 1.73

Is there an SDK change that keeps overriding the Global Warming Terrain?

I have mine set to Grass, but it still does that darn desert crap?

It didnt do that in J

EDIT: That darn Shortcut Reminder is still there:mad:

EDIT: That darn Shortcut Reminder is still there:mad:

It seems to turn back on for me if I reload a game that is in progress (Ctrl-L), but not when I first load a game, if that makes any sense.

EDIT: Ok, so I have this craving for olives. So I spend decades carefully tilling the soil and cultivating my olive trees only to find out that instead of my nice olive orchard I have a forest which needs to be cut down so I can cultivate my orchard and when I finish I once again have a forest, not an orchard. Has anyone else seen this problem?

IOk, so I have this craving for olives. So I spend decades carefully tilling the soil and cultivating my olive trees only to find out that instead of my nice olive orchard I have a forest which needs to be cut down so I can cultivate my orchard and when I finish I once again have a forest, not an orchard. Has anyone else seen this problem?

Yes, I noticed this too... Actually, I first noticed that I first have to chop forest so I can plant orchard - wierd I thought, but nevermind I did it. Later I realised that I just planted forests, no orchard - it is actually impossible to use olives/apples/lemons since it is impossible to build orchard.:(
Funny part - you can "build" orchard on jungle tile, changing it to forest :) Or you can build orchard or any tile, then chop forest for production, then build orchard again and so on...:lol:

yeah it's broken it seems. you can't get lemons, apples or olives... instead you just plant forests which you can chop for production......... makes chop rushing stupid easy.

Don't know if already reported for beta 5...

When playing with "choose religions" I found two instead of one, first I get the list to choose one and then another is founded randomly.

When playing with "choose religions" I found two instead of one, first I get the list to choose one and then another is founded randomly.

RevDCM, that is already included in this game, team had fixed this but that fix isn't in this beta build yet.

I found this to be the case when using Aaranda's religions. The default techs for some of them are the same as for the standard religions. I just went and edited the religion files and changed the techs so they didn't duplicate and also, I think, made better sense.

And here's another one:

It seems I have received the Clerks Master Guild for free. Both prereqs are not met.

yeah it's broken it seems. you can't get lemons, apples or olives... instead you just plant forests which you can chop for production......... makes chop rushing stupid easy.
Can you try placeing it in Worldbuilder?

Where is the Drama in my tech tree view? If I'm right, the button of the Drama should be in the position where replaced by the Philosophy, is it be overlaid?
Others have said it is missing to.

Top Bottom