A new prostitution scandal roils a Louisiana Senate race

FriendlyFire

Codex WMDicanious
Republicans, Why Iam I not suprised
I wouldnt be suprise if this Republican is still elected anyway. Oh well The Republican party is finnished anyways.

A new prostitution scandal roils a Louisiana Senate race

JENNINGS, La. — For a state accustomed to explosive sex scandals, the one dominating a U.S. Senate race here simmered for a long time before boiling over into public view last week.

In a new book, “Murder in the Bayou,” author Ethan Brown cites multiple anonymous sources who claim that Rep. Charles W. Boustany Jr., a top Republican candidate for the Senate race, had been the client of three prostitutes who were later murdered. Those women were part of an infamous string of unsolved cases, the “Jeff Davis 8,” that happened here in Jefferson Davis Parish from 2005 to 2009.

The book also reports that a Boustany field staffer, Martin Guillory, operated the Boudreaux Inn, a cheap motel where, Brown writes, all eight women hosted their clients.

Boustany has denied the allegations. He told Brown last spring, as the book was being prepared, that he had never hired prostitutes and said he did not know of Guillory’s connection to the motel.

And without any evidence — Brown will not identify his sources, he says, to protect their safety — most media outlets treated the allegations with caution.

But then suddenly last week, after the book was published, Bridget Boustany defended her husband in an email to supporters, blasting the “media rumor mill and lies” about her husband that she called “false attacks aimed at bringing down a candidate who threatens to take the lead and win the race for U.S. Senate,” she wrote.

That opened a door for his opponents to address the issue — and they burst through it.

Louisiana State Treasurer John N. Kennedy (R), considered the front-runner, issued a statement that began: “I want to be very clear that my campaign played absolutely no role in creating this story alleging Congressman Boustany’s sexual relationships with prostitutes that were later murdered, his staff’s alleged :) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :)in:) :) :) :)volvement in running the bar and hotel where this illicit behavior took place, or publishing the book.”

Before now, the Senate race had been better known for its retiring incumbent, Sen. David Vitter (R), whose own career was mired in a prostitution scandal, and David Duke, the white :) :) :) :)supremacist and former Ku Klux Klan grand wizard who joined the race.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...19d586-7bb5-11e6-bd86-b7bbd53d2b5d_story.html

I'm more surprised they were members of the opposite sex, given it was a Republican.

Louisiana has a jungle primary, where the top two candidates, regardless of party, will advance to the general election. I think they started this back when the Deep South was overwhelmingly Democratic and winning the Democratic primary virtually assured that you won the general election. But someday we might see two Republicans running in Louisiana!

So if one Republican is scandal-ridden, there are plenty of other Republicans to chose from.

Top Bottom