• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

A personal request to the C&C community

Ares de Borg

Norman Knight
Dear friends, I have a little request and I hope it's okay with the mods that I can post it here. :religion: I do not post it in the OT section by purpose, because I feel the C3 modders share a very special community and I became friends with many of you over the years.

As some of you know, I'm working at a small local newspaper in a westphalian German town. From time to time, somebody sends us a picture of him-/herself reading our little newspaper abroad, like on a mountain or at the beach.

I'd like to ask you if you could do me a similar favour.

I've spent many hours to complete a free 40-page Xmas special for the locals that will be distributed tomorrow. I'd love to have my boss appreciated it even more by showing him pictures of many people with that magazine. And wouldn't it be cool if it were people not only from our town, but from all over the world?

So here is my request, and I hope you're willing to help:

1) Download the cover I've attached below, and print it (regular printer page, 210 x 297mm or 8.3 x 11.7 inches, DIN A4 in Germany, full page) Or just use the blank paper.
2) Place yourself in front of a nice background (something typical for your country like a landmark, your town, a special building etc) holding the paper like it was the full newspaper (putting a real newspaper behind the cover page might add to the illusion).
3) Do anything funny or nice that you want, but remember that it's a family-friendly magazine. Dress up in typical clothing. Show something interesting, like your Thanksgiving turkey, a local speciality or something else - surprise me!
4) Take a picture and email it to me in full resolution (right off the camera) before December 21st, 3 PM MET:
ares.de.borg (at) gmx.de
Please add your christian name, the country and where the pic was taken. Add some christmas greetings to the people of our town (Dorsten) if you want. :xmas:

The best shots will be published in our newspaper ("Xmas greetings from all over the world" or a similar title), and I will attach the full pages as pdf files in this thread. :santa2:

I know this is an unusual request, and I hope you can help. :blush:

PS: I'm not earning any extra money with it, the paper will be distributed for free.
I'm really looking forward to your ideas - and I promise I will add a pic of myself as well.

Attachments

• xmas.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 80
Sounds fun. I'd love to show them a snapshot of Jeju City in South Korea. But I won't be able to do that until Saturday when I'm not overloaded with things. And I don't have a Christian name since I'm Buddhist.

Thank you Ogedei. Your first name will do as well. ;)
No rush, I just need the pictures before Dec 19th.

I don't think I'd be able to get to a camera by then :sad:

And being a skinhead tends to have different connotations over on the continent than over here...

Yes, Virote, but everyone, especially the Germans, knows Englishmen are crazy anyway. Just make sure you have an Anarchy flag flying behind you, a John Lydon picture on the wall, and a keg of ale somewhere. Or wear a wig.

@Ares: do you need a quality print? Taking a pic is of almost no cost, but printing isn't that cheap, y'know… need glossy paper or a regular one will do?

No, it needn't be a high quality print, just fitting the page and colored. You won't see that in the final print anyway. It just has to appear as if you had the whole xmas edition in your hands. :)

@ Virote: As long as you aren't sporting any strange symbols, there should be no problems.

Sure, we're no puritans. Beer, wine, or any kind of beverage hold in a friendly manner ("Cheers" gesture) is totally fine.

You can always be Stefan instead of Stephane… :mischief:

Not necessarily. You don't have to wear a cowboy hat when you're American, and you don't need to be holding a baguette as a French. Feel free to choose what you want to show, and bear in mind that people love to see what they don't see at home. :)

I may be able to give you another Korean set pic to go with Ogedei's. No promises though as I generally dislike having my photo taken.

EDIT: Virote I'm curious about your Skinhead comment. In New Zealand where I'm from originally 'skinhead' is generally sinonimous with Neo-Nazism, or that's the general perception anyway. But I was recently told off by an aquantance for saying this and he explained it was actual originally all to do with a certain genre of music (I forget which) and nothing to do with racial prejudice. Is that the case for you too? How did skinhead become associated with Neo-Nazism anyway?

Sorry this is pretty OT but given the whole thread is pretty OT I thought it would be okay.

I may be able to give you another Korean set pic to go with Ogedei's. No promises though as I generally dislike having my photo taken.

That would be great! :) A friend of mine will send me a picture from Berlin this week.

You'd get more answerers if this was a tequest thread as C&C standards demand.

Top Bottom