A series of forts

Kyriakos... Superior adjustment! or as Civinator says "Phantastic" :goodjob:
...with additional architectural elements and textures you plan to add, it will be a Magnificent Fort.
The Colors and Contrasts are Superb.

Thank you, although to be honest I think this is really going to need a ton of work :)
There's also the issue of size; at this scale, things that would work on a larger image won't work, and vice-versa.

Thank you, although to be honest I think this is really going to need a ton of work :)
There's also the issue of size; at this scale, things that would work on a larger image won't work, and vice-versa.

I understand that textures for a smaller image cannot be as detailed as a larger image. IF detailed textures are important then make the Fort larger or if you want the smaller size, use hints of subtle textures that display how the Fort would look at a distance.
Architectural design and color shading make smaller images appear natural without showing detailed textures... same as in Real Life
I like that you considered opinions then adjusted the white areas of the Fort ... In the end, it is Always best to please yourself as it is Your Creation :)

Closer to completion, although there are a great many details and highlights to add :)

upload_2021-12-19_2-31-59.png

Now that Looks absolutely Great! I can see the textures and the Color Shading looks Very Good/.
I cannot know what you have in mind to adjust or add but this Looks Seriously Good :goodjob:

I know that you know how Art can be over worked and then take away from it rather than improve it... just saying if there is anything else you can and want to add or adjust that is certainly your prerogative.
For right now, it looks Top Quality.

I like how you managed to show the Textures and the Color Shading :goodjob:

It's minor stuff, like a more defined line going through the roofed battlements' back on the right side of the fort, and some lit windows perhaps (I will try and see if the latter looks good). More definition for the front towers' gaps/windows as well.
Also some more texture/noise for the ground in the fort and the green hill.

Last edited:
I know how driven you are for excellence in anything you create... I understand and agree that minor additions can be synergistic and increase the visual quality more.
Your dedication and experiments to get what you want are always evident in the end results of your work :king:

What is the size compared to the Other Fort?

Do you have something special in mind for the larger Fort or just wanting to have it larger for Textures and Details?

Well, to be "precise", it is massively larger :D

It is a large fort. Although as I said it is (currently) larger than the civIII allowed size for terrain gfx. I will first complete it and then see if it can get any smaller.

Scale is an issue. So much lost on the larger fort.

:yup: I like the small one much better.

May be this fort in resource size could do a nice job, too in combination with a transparent city. :think:

I like the small Fort better because it appears more like a Fort. The Larger Fort seems more like a Fort Metropolis in size.

Civinator...
using the Fort with a Transparent City would work quite well. I also like what I mentioned about using the Fort as a special Civ City Set with ERAs.

The smaller fort just had a more stylish concept art. The larger one is certainly more elaborate, but possibly too spacious.

upload_2021-12-21_0-5-42.png

upload_2021-12-21_0-6-11.png

Now that the larger fort is likely near being finished, you can see a few more highlights.

Anyway, the series will have at least four forts (or five, if I keep the motte and bailey one of old).
Next I will try this, and hopefully won't die from disgust from modelling something german. 2009- made me really detest that country :)

upload_2021-12-21_20-40-37.png

Top Bottom