A series of forts

Some formations are more elegant/interesting than others. Eg the pendentive would be very bad to model with lego, but easy to do with specific booleans

Yes incdeed.... what I meant was that all things are from those basic shapes like Basic Colors... what we see: red, green, yellow and blue and the 5 Basic or Primary Colors: white, yellow, red, blue, black. I only differ with this because as White is All Colors, Black is No Color the light is absorbed and none reflected. :)

Might as well render it as a building too.

upload_2021-12-22_22-25-36.png

This is actually the largest (due to height restrictions...) the small fort graphic can get to be in-game:

upload_2021-12-29_0-1-28.png

Which sort of isn't good. In effect it turns it into the large fort, although length-wise there is quite some more space to work with, and the tallest tower can be to the other side.

I think it is looking very good... again, it would not look correct to have a Fort appear as a Metropolis and as you mentioned you can add length etc...
Just work with it all... it is a Good endeavor and worth your efforts and especially having all Eras to allow many more uses. The Forts can be used in a number of ways, effectively allowing them more uses than a City Set :thumbsup:

Early work on another fort:

upload_2021-12-29_21-44-40.png

This is actually (concept art) a WH Fantasy "fortified inn" (whatever that is :) ).
But it might fit due to the overall shape.

I suppose no one in WH uses compasses or weights, so straight lines are rare...

Nice work! Hope you don't delete all your work-in-progress files, since the height restriction you mentioned might not be an issue when - and if - the C7-project becomes a reality. These forts (and the preliminary Neuschwanstein model) looks very good in my opinion. The last model looks kind of like a fortified inn? It could for example be used as a fortified outpost or something. The troops stationed there would for sure stay happy and motivated due to the built-in pub!:beer:

Last edited:
It is a fortified inn, from Warhammer Fantasy :)

Here is a comparison, with the small fort model:

upload_2021-12-30_5-14-1.png

Obviously the inn isn't in the same scale as the fort, but at worst I can gain ideas for re-texturing the fort.

Hi Kyriakos. The Forts look very good.

Could you develop the Forts not to big, so that they only occupy 1 Field and not several Fields?

Kyriakos... the Larger size Inn certainly shows the details.
The sizes on post #55 look about right to me and I agree with Jorsalfare that at least save your preliminary works regardless of what you complete.

Hi Kyriakos. The Forts look very good.

Could you develop the Forts not to big, so that they only occupy 1 Field and not several Fields?

If they are to be used as CivIII forts, they can't be bigger than the ones in post 55 anyway (hardcored size limit)...

Kyriakos... the Larger size Inn certainly shows the details.
The sizes on post #55 look about right to me and I agree with Jorsalfare that at least save your preliminary works regardless of what you complete.

Ι am realizing that the textures can be massively improved. I need to buy a new computer screen asap because this one is terrible (it was an old one i had, my other one malfunctioned) and also is smaller than I am used to.

Last edited:
Kyriakos... I very much understand your situation with an older Monitor not showing graphics as you want.

New Graphics Monitors are Great and do make a profound difference.

... yes, those Chimneys are Bizarre but I am certain YOU can make better ones :thumbsup:

I am Happy to see you working on several things here and showing us your Expertise and Gifting us with your Work. That helps me feel Good for you and all of us because it shows you and all of us can continue on creating and have some joy and happiness despite the world or personal situations :clap:

Top Bottom