1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

A strange Tale (Raging Barbs Challenge)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by Fippy, Aug 3, 2016.

1. shakabrade

shakabrade Praise Vivec!

I got away with WB first, then Mining and Archery. On T16 first barbs came in (an archer and 2 warriors) and I had an Archer and Woody 3 warrior just in time. Then spawnbusted the north. Managed to get sentry scout to the north, others died. Then I wonderwhored, settled GScientists and pushed spawnbusting to get half the continent. Gandhi was half my size as he cant fogbust. :p Now I get to know that it wasnt supposed to be that easy, but human barbs start appearing on T10 or 11, right? Or were there some guys My placed in the fog?
    Fun fact, the main villain actually moved from the island to the mainland with galley and died either to me or Gandhi. :) I didn't check every unit that suicided against drill 4 archers but swords were involved.

2. elitetroops

elitetroops Deity

If you mean the sword guarding the fortress, he did not necessarily move out. There's some odd mechanic which causes strong land units given at the start to disappear around 75-100 turns into the game. Applies to both barbs and AI. If you give the AI an infantry defender t0, the infantry will be gone before the ADs. This also happened a couple games back in a SGOTM (SGOTM20, I think). Some teams saw barb longbows defending cities, which were gone by the time they attacked the cities. Other teams who explored later never saw those longbows.

I don't know if this applies to only strong units or regular starting units as well. Maybe it was built in to replace starting units with promoted defenders when far enough into the game to have those promoted defenders. Usually the AI doesn't have unpromoted defenders in their capital anymore in the ADs, I think.

3. Fippy

Fippy Mycro Junkie Queen

On my test runs i had stuff like 4 archers coming at turn 13 ;)
    Nopes.
    I guess you can only do so much with raging barbs, random factor will make some games very hard to survive early, and some too easy for great players like Shaka & Izuul :)

4. Izuul

Izuul Level 86

Yep, the evil sword guy was gone when i got to the ice fortress as well.

I might try again to see if i can actually kill him. I think it should be possible... maybe.

5. nate46

nate46 Warlord

i played this one and died to a warrior at like turn 15 while my warrior was out exploring. I should try it again and not build a worker first...