1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

A wild patch appeared!

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by snarko, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Hankc

Hankc Chieftain

They can move in Wasteland, however.

2. Pakhawaj

Pakhawaj Chieftain

I'm a little confused as to what to do with these instructions as per what to do with the two missing leaderheads Snarko mentioned earlier.

In CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml in both cases the text refers to a non-existent file- "Art/Interface/Leaderheads/new_cuai_ixl.dds" for Cuai-Ixl and "art/interface/LeaderHeads/veraato.dds" for Veraato.

In Civ4LeaderHeadInfos.xml both images refer to entirely different files- "Art/Civs/MinorLeaders/CuaLH.dds" for Cual-Ixi, which does exist and "art/interface/leaderheads/veraato_banner.dds" for Veraato, which does not exist.

I have no idea how to mod so I have no idea what to do, I'd guess I would place new .dds files where the non-existing ones are? If this is the case, could someone show me an image of Veraato that exists online so that I could convert it to a .dds file please?

Thanks very much.:crazyeye:

3. kanban42

kanban42 Chieftain

To repeat some info from the net, the unpack utility can be downloaded from http://www.civfanatics.net/downloads/civ4/utility/PakBuild.zip. And no, the art files are not included in FFPak051.FPK either.

Let's hope snarko can find the time to provide a fix...

EDIT: But these files are in the subversion repository at http://rife.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/rife! Sorry, should have thought of this possibility earlier. If you unpack the attached archive in ...\Mods\Rise from Erebus\Assets\Art\Interface\Leaderheads, there should be no more pink blobs.

Actually, there seem to be even more art files in the repository than in the RifE folder. If pink blobs should turn up in other places, maybe that can be helped too.

Attached Files:

4. The Flame8

The Flame8 Chieftain

Are any more fixes planned? It's so sad to see this mod over.

5. Naponroy

Naponroy Chieftain

Hi,

Should this be installed over .130? Or 130.195? Or 1.4?

6. Ronkhar

Ronkhar Chieftain

Hi
    After 1.4
    In case you need it, the complete install order is in the first post in my sig

7. The Flame8

The Flame8 Chieftain

I had to laugh rereading this as it inspired me to final fixes months ago :hatsoff:

8. Segolenus

Segolenus Chieftain

[Thread necromancy warning]

In case anyone here plays anything other than RifE on Civ 4, this patch seems to break other mods' shortcuts, at least on the Steam version. I've only managed to get the shortcuts to work once, when I deleted all the RifE .pyc files in the Beyond the Sword folder, but it's stopped working again since then.

9. arcticnightwolf

arcticnightwolf Chieftain

hm, that doesn't make sense, the shortcuts should be unaffected - are you sure you are using correct shortcuts ?

that is, something like
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod="\Fall from Heaven 2"

10. Segolenus

Segolenus Chieftain

Most of the shortcuts I have don't have quotation marks around the mod directory definition. They came this way IIRC, and they did work before I installed this patch. Putting quotes around the mod directory does fix the problem, but this means that mod launcher utilities (or at least the two I tried) no longer work, since they seem to generate unquoted versions of the shortcuts.