AAranda's mods for 2.8 (some of them)

Updates first post to better describe where there maybe problems with some AND mods. they are theoretical since I have not tested some and there are too many combinations for full testing.

Also added some reported bugs to the known problems list and added a list of stuff I have ready for an upgrade.

An update with two of Tsentom1's python wonders.

AND Update - requires AND and Extra Religions see attached below.

Tsentom1' Python wonders

Works in both RoM and AND. If you have the Extra Religions by AAranda then it works also but the Ishtar Gate is a religious building requiring Zoroasterism.

Installation instructions:-

These being Python you need to do some work to get them in your game.
1. Uncompress file into your Mods folder. The compressed file includes the Rise of Mankind folder structure but only contains files in the folders
  • Assets\Config - this contains the stuff needed to load the modular Python
  • Assets\Modules\DancingHoskuld - the bulk of the stuff
  • Assets\Python\DancingHoskuld - the python modules
2. in the Assets\Config folder edit init.xml and add the lines in red below. Note the example is at the bottom of the file.
Code:
	</screen>

[COLOR="Red"]	<load mod="Ishtar"/>
	<load mod="Great Bath"/>
[/COLOR]
</bug>

If you already have my mod then you will already have some "<load mod" lines there just add these two before the </bug> line.

Edit: but wait there is more:- see Kathy's Goody Islands last post.

Yes I am too pedantic about what I call incompatability.
  • Wonders that give free buildings may break BuildingUpgradeChains mod because they may give too many buildings. See simple fix on first post.
  • The entertainer unit has been removed from "BetterRoM" and my mod extends the entertainer with eariler and later units of the same type. See simple fix on first post.
  • SubdueAnimals mod does not play well with the Equestrian Guild - current thoughts is because together they form an infinite loop. To fix I would need to remove the horse related units and building.

So there is now only one problem and you have solutions to the potential problems.

This looks too good to pass up. You have done amazing work here, DH! I'll test it out with my kids this weekend (we do hotseat games). I'll overlook any Equestrians Guild issues and see how the rest works out for us.

This is somewhat related to some feedback I just gave regarding the AND AI. The spiritual trait seems to be having a lot of trouble.

Do you think it might be a good idea to give it back it's half-price temple building? It seems to have lost that when they were all made religion specific.

This is somewhat related to some feedback I just gave regarding the AND AI. The spiritual trait seems to be having a lot of trouble.

Do you think it might be a good idea to give it back it's half-price temple building? It seems to have lost that when they were all made religion specific.

It looks like Spiritual has gone from a viable trait in RoM 1 to a why bother in RoM 2. Changing the temple cost may help. At the moment I have no idea how to do it. If it was done by the special building tag then it wont work straight away for these extra religions because many do not have temples, monistries or cathderals.

It looks like Spiritual has gone from a viable trait in RoM 1 to a why bother in RoM 2. Changing the temple cost may help. At the moment I have no idea how to do it. If it was done by the special building tag then it wont work straight away for these extra religions because many do not have temples, monistries or cathderals.

Looking through them in the Civopedia they do all seem to have some sort of temple equivalent. It's the <ProductionTraits> entry that does it I think.

Looking through them in the Civopedia they do all seem to have some sort of temple equivalent. It's the <ProductionTraits> entry that does it I think.

That seems to be the correct place. I will make a test patch for standard and AAranda's religions and post it here or in the thread in AND on this.

I just posted it here except I just realised I had not done the last test :( I had better do that now!

As I'm using your religion mod, I can only see the temple changes ingame, but it seems to work alright. Whether the AI will make good use of it, I know not, but the prices are certainly reduced. The one think I would say is that Spiritual used to double the speed of temples, rather than just the 50% boost, but that may be enough.

I am having an odd problem when trying to load your mod in the game. Some of the missionary units' files won't copy into my proper folder, because: "The file name(s) would be too long in the destination folder. You can shorten the file name and try again, or try a location that has a shorter path." The first one that gives this message is "buddhist_missionary_md_activate.kf" Some are short enough and are copying okay, but the longer ones like this won't.

My barely short enough pathnames include things like: C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind\Assets\Modules\DancingHoskuld\Custom_Units\Female_Missionaries\Custom_Units\Art\Units\Missionary\Female_Buddhist.kfm

Any ideas on how these can be shortened? I haven't encountered a problem like this in a long time.

I am having an odd problem when trying to load your mod in the game. Some of the missionary units' files won't copy into my proper folder, because: "The file name(s) would be too long in the destination folder. You can shorten the file name and try again, or try a location that has a shorter path." The first one that gives this message is "buddhist_missionary_md_activate.kf" Some are short enough and are copying okay, but the longer ones like this won't.

My barely short enough pathnames include things like: C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind\Assets\Modules\DancingHoskuld\Custom_Units\Female_Missionaries\Custom_Units\Art\Units\Missionary\Female_Buddhist.kfm

Any ideas on how these can be shortened? I haven't encountered a problem like this in a long time.

Yes this path name thing is a problem. I have a version of the female missionary art with a shorter path. I will post it soon. So much for me having one single hold all mod ;)

I was just thinking, while converting the Huns for use with this and AND. The two Tengriistic cultures, the Mongols and Huns, are both very reliant on horse availability to be able to field their special units, and horses were central to the religion.

Would it be inappropriate or imbalanced for one of the Tengriism structures, perhaps the Holy City one, to provide a source of horses, instead of one of the current bonuses?

I was just thinking, while converting the Huns for use with this and AND. The two Tengriistic cultures, the Mongols and Huns, are both very reliant on horse availability to be able to field their special units, and horses were central to the religion.

Would it be inappropriate or imbalanced for one of the Tengriism structures, perhaps the Holy City one, to provide a source of horses, instead of one of the current bonuses?

It is a good idea but then the Equestrian Guild will probably not work. That is why I am removing the horse providing building from the subdue animals mod.

I forgot to include the new female missionary graphics in my last update so here they are.

New version of SubdueAnimals is here.

Plus a fix for the size of the Trade Caravans plus a new middle ages version (Supply Train). Trade Caravans upgrade to Supply Trains which upgrade to freight.

Have you seen my NEW version i am coming out with for era's? I have included 9 more animals, if your interested?

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=9533484&postcount=875

yes I have seen it. I already have the cheetah. I have been busy on other things (RL) so have not commented on your prehistoric stuff yet and I have a few more things to finish before I feel I could try testing it.

If you post the new animals I would have to include them which means another update. Although most would fit with the current buildings without much work.

Can anyone confirm religions modmod compatible with AND 1.75?

p.s. btw, Asatru Loki unit is a bit overpowered. If you beeline to get asatru and then built loki wonder in your holy city, and heroic epic wonder there as well, total sum of exp it gets from asatru monastery, temple, cathedral, holy wonder building along with free berzerker 1,2 and amphibious and mjolnir promotions is too much.

Imho, they should be limited to national units (max 5 or 10) - as Kemetism units, and remove loki sanctuary as wonder.

Another thing is - religion temples giving free promotions (wonders included) should be active only when appopriate religion is set as state. As it is now on larger maps it tends to that - around late medieval you can switch (in golden age) all religions you have in your cities and quickly build all wonders still left from all religions - this together gives too much of a bonus.

And another - shamanism and druidism buildings giving food - imho again that should be limited to having appropriate state religion.

Can anyone confirm religions modmod compatible with AND 1.75?

p.s. btw, Asatru Loki unit is a bit overpowered. If you beeline to get asatru and then built loki wonder in your holy city, and heroic epic wonder there as well, total sum of exp it gets from asatru monastery, temple, cathedral, holy wonder building along with free berzerker 1,2 and amphibious and mjolnir promotions is too much.

Imho, they should be limited to national units (max 5 or 10) - as Kemetism units, and remove loki sanctuary as wonder.

Another thing is - religion temples giving free promotions (wonders included) should be active only when appopriate religion is set as state. As it is now on larger maps it tends to that - around late medieval you can switch (in golden age) all religions you have in your cities and quickly build all wonders still left from all religions - this together gives too much of a bonus.

And another - shamanism and druidism buildings giving food - imho again that should be limited to having appropriate state religion.

No they don't work with AND 1.75. If someone wants to convert them they are welcome to do so. AND 1.74 is the last version of AND I play. AND 1.75 is just to different from RoM for me to enjoy.

Top Bottom