Abandoning settlement

Joseph Goebbels

Chieftain
So... how do I abandon a settlement? I don't want it to exist... is this possible, or will it be there permanently once established? Is giving it away to someone else an alternative? If so, how do I do that?

Thanks in advance! :goodjob:

You can't any longer. This fixed the "Scout finds treasure; settles a city; moves the treasure into the city; then disbands the city" exploit of Col I.

I suppose you could leave it undefended.

I see. That makes sense...

I'd better get some enemies then. Because some times, I build cities on the east coast, but gradually shift focus to the west coast. I don't want the REF to come to my settlements to the far east. I assume that the REF lands on the west coast if that's the only place you have coastal cities?

Me

Yes, you can give away a settlement as part of diplomacy. I had a silver-producing colony on another land mass, and didn't want to have to defend it (or come over to root out REF units there), so I gave it to another European power.

I'd better get some enemies then. Because some times, I build cities on the east coast, but gradually shift focus to the west coast. I don't want the REF to come to my settlements to the far east. I assume that the REF lands on the west coast if that's the only place you have coastal cities?

Either give your East coast colonies to another European power (I don't think you need to be at war) or abandon them and declare war on the local indians.

The only time I built my settlement on the West coast the REF still landed on the East coast, and then walked across. I would be interested to hear if the same happens to you.

Top Bottom