Achievement Discussion and Ideas Thread

DWilson

Where am I? What turn is it?
The idea of this is to discuss some of the best, or possibly cheapest, ways to pick up many of the achievements. It can also be used to discuss whether an achievement is broken, or works differently than is implied. Lastly, map seeds good for particular achievements (such as a map with crater lake and Yosemite for Teddy, the Galapagos for Darwin, 6 sources of silver, etc.).

Some ideas I have for easier achievement hunting are: for every Era start prior to (possibly including, can't recall) the Renaissance, duel maps versus Kongo for quick religious victories are an option. Bonus points if you play as Spain, enabling an easy Inquistion achievement. After that, Islands plate maps are probably the most simple way to easily dominate your duel opponents who cannot naval combat, particularly once you have range three battleships in the latest eras.

Also note that some of the achievements don't work as described. One example is the Meiji Restoration achievement.

Has anyone gotten the achievement to work? I've tried (not in this order):
  • One each of campus, entertainment, theater, industrial, holy site, and encampment around commerce. Multiple cities.
  • two industrial districts, two campuses, two commerce disricts, and a space port. Multiple cities.
  • a city center, two campuses, two industrial zones, a commerce district, and an entertainment complex. Multiple cities.
  • three campuses, two commerce hubs, an encampment, and an industrial center. Multiple cities.
  • Having, in one city, a campus, industrial, commerce, entertainment, theater, and holy site around the city center also doesn't work.
I'm started late game, was picking up another achievement anyhow. It is possible, but seems unlikely that is the problem. The only thing I can yet think of to try is to have one city build seven districts, not counting the city center, but I know someone else who tried that and it didn't work . One person claims he got it, but he had duplicates of some districts and he isn't sure exactly why he did.

Anyway, what are some of your ideas and thoughts?

I was going to highlight Seti_PL's method too, but he's quick :)

There's another thread with novel achievement hunting going on, link below to my efforts to get Yellowstone and Crater lake national parks in the same game.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/100th-anniversary-acheivement.602486/#post-14539126

Other than arguably Meiji Restoration, I haven't come across any achievements that are broken and I'm on 91% now. I have just got Viking raid though, which ended up with a captured settler floating in the sea as a land unit, without the embark tech...

Top Bottom