August 2023 Update - Patch Notes Discussion (Celebrating 32 Years of Civ!)

But if all the tiles are more powerful, then none of them are more powerful, right? You're just changing the base numbers.
Not within the game, but between games (5 vs 6).
Base tile yields are lower in 5, but compensated by most things costing less to produce.
Whereas civ 6 has higher base yields, but generally higher costs.
This causes the "turns to produce" number to stay relatively close, at first glance.
But, civ 6 is plagued with an additional influx of yields, based on broken mechanics. I've listed those above, and what those additional yields end up accomplishing is to speed the game up absurdly fast if you can abuse it properly. This causes the flow of the game to be very different in civ 6 compared to civ 5, as the civ 6 late game tends to fly by very fast due to these additional yields.

But, civ 6 is plagued with an additional influx of yields, based on broken mechanics. I've listed those above, and what those additional yields end up accomplishing is to speed the game up absurdly fast if you can abuse it properly. This causes the flow of the game to be very different in civ 6 compared to civ 5, as the civ 6 late game tends to fly by very fast due to these additional yields.
Different, obviously. "better" and "worse" remain separate, though, because your posts seem to set V as the baseline, and VI the abberation because it is designed differently to V.

But you don't compare VI to itself. The flow of VI is different. Scaling is different. Hammers are (in various ways) different (to the extent that hammers are more king than the traditional - exemplified in V - "science is king").

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this. But the Wu Zetian victory Achievement is broken. I have won both a Religious Victory and Domination victory, but neither one triggered the Achievement.

Top Bottom