Achievement Saves (for the lazy and/or the frustrated people out there)

Yes, that is what I suspected. How come the developer deleted this achievement but did not update on the number of achievements? So does this mean I will never get a perfect score?

:(

Not as what you thought, it's just hidden, not deleted. If you are into some other Steam games, you will find that there are many hidden achievements for other games. You can still unlock them when you meet the qualifications if they are not broken.

Technically speaking, there will be two way how it would end for "Rate a Mod" finally.
a) Broken achievement fixed finally, most likely for the situation here, because they've done that before, developer thing
b) Broken achievement deleted for good, then there will be 286, no need to worry about, still developer thing, there are some precedents for other games on Steam

So what you can do is just enjoying the game and waiting for the result, an update fixing them or an updating deleting them, for the former, do what the achievements ask to or load the saves in this mega thread then you will have 287/287, for the latter, you will just keep enjoying the game however you want regardless of the achievements because you are already 100% there.

FeiLing, can you explain to me why killing your own XCom unit with your nuke is getting you the achievement? o-o

Because it only checks if the unit goes from 100 to 0 in one turn. Who deals the dmg apparently doesn't matter ;)

If you wanna do it 'naturally' I guess the best way for it to work for sure would be to embark it into a friendly Deity Navy, then declare on them :p

Because it only checks if the unit goes from 100 to 0 in one turn. Who deals the dmg apparently doesn't matter ;)

I tried doing it 3 times, the achievement didn't pop. I then tried Zyxpsilon's Brazil save with his suggested route to there, and it worked.

Took me a while, but I finally got Ottoman Carpentry :) Just end the turn and you should get it, however, there's a lot of stuff on the map so I'd suggest putting it in strategic view first or you may be waiting a long time for the turn to process.

Ottoman Carpentry

Zinlana -

Any pointers on how you did it? I usually get Dow'd by Italy on turn 1 they take Tunis on turn 4 and then take my Capital on turn 20. Barely time to get out two privateers to defend my cap.

Has anyone got a save where I can get Kamikaze Attack (killing something with a Japanese unit with 1 HP remaining)?

Zinlana -

Any pointers on how you did it? I usually get Dow'd by Italy on turn 1 they take Tunis on turn 4 and then take my Capital on turn 20. Barley time to get out two privateers to defend my cap.

in my playthrough for Ottoman Carpentry, i accepted Italy's embassy for free and set up a traderoute with him on turn 0. don't know if thats what did it, but i only got his DoW on turn 11 or 12, along with all the other Europeans. on turn 2 or 3, when i had some gpt from incoming traderoutes by Egypt and Morocco, i used that income to bribe France and Italy into war with my neighbors. that might have given me some time to prepare as well. it was enough to finish the ironworks and heroic epic in Tripoli and then starting to pump out an army. i was building some cannons in the other cities. i briefly lost Tunis, but was able to get it right back. i also captured some of Italy's nice ironclad UUs, which were very helpful in taking all the European cities in the Mediterranean Sea.
i send my initial Siphais south for scouting (to get happiness from natural wonders, find more trading partners and gold from CS) and was lucky enough to snatch a settler from Ethiopia with one of them before he could settle his second city. He then later gave me Adwa in a peace deal.

My next steps after repelling the initial threat were continuing the conquering until i would get favorable peace deals out of the Europeans and invading Ethiopia. you really cant let them be a runaway, they will skyrocket scorewise if left alone...

hope it helps. this one is really tough and imho worthy of being an actual achievement.

in my playthrough for Ottoman Carpentry, i accepted Italy's embassy for free and set up a traderoute with him on turn 0. don't know if thats what did it, but i only got his DoW on turn 11 or 12, along with all the other Europeans.

Hyperion529 -

Thanks for the pointers.

I was sending my trade routes to Egypt thinking that they would be useless to send them to Italy since they would DOW me right away but as you said that might buy some time. I'll give that a try next time I play.

So, all that's missing is Firaxis to fix the 2 broken scenario chievos, right?

Thanks a ton for all the achievement saves but it seems that Greed is Good isn't working I tried the save and a game where I built all the buildings/wonders in one city.

OK, now I am left with 2 achievements to complete only. They are, "Dr Livingston I presume" and "Pickett's Recharge".

Is anyone here facing the same problem as me? Out of the 287 achievements, I completed 284 of them. So how come there are 3 left when there should be 2 left only?

:confused:

I have the exact same problem.

Have you found a solution yet?

That's XCOM baby! (Have your XCOM Squad go from 100 health to 0 in a single AI turn.)

In my case

drop 2 atomic bomb next tile of XCOM

And I get the acheivement! :)

FeiLing, can you explain to me why killing your own XCom unit with your nuke is getting you the achievement? o-o

Friendly fire is a big part of the XCOM experience. ;)

Way too many times either mind control or one of the squad members getting killed then panic and they kill another so glad I didn't play on Ironman

Top Bottom