Achievement Saves (for the lazy and/or the frustrated people out there)

Hey guys!
I got you this save for The Explorer (Discover 100 Natural Wonders) achievement.
Just move Mohawk Warrior and Trebuchet one tile down and you got yourself a +2 on your natural wonder counter.
I know +2 per load is not much but its better than nothing.
Cheers!

You can do much better than that. Start any game with advanced start to the Information Era on a huge map. As soon as the game starts, you get credit for all natural wonders on the map.

You can do much better than that. Start any game with advanced start to the Information Era on a huge map. As soon as the game starts, you get credit for all natural wonders on the map.

That's what my save does... or used to do. Apparently revealing all NWs via Satellites doesn't trigger the achievement counter any more. Or maybe it does but people only loaded the save once instead of 10+ times. Dunno.

Well, since nobody seemed interested in doing my work for me, I went ahead and created a good save for getting Barbary Pirate quickly myself. :p . Loads of boats positioned around a bunch of Barbarian Camps (with Raging Barbarians enabled, natch), and several boats to spare for searching out even MORE Barbs while waiting. I racked up the necessary captures for Barbary Pirate in no time flat! (Oh, and ALL DLC is disabled in this one, not just the big expansion-packs you HAVE to disable to even try for this. Just to make it more useful.)

Vanilla Mode Barbary Pirate

(I only just started using DropBox, so I hope I did the uploading right... >_>; )

um...Thanks first.but i can't find the achievement "Fully explore the Freedom Policy".When i play BNW i can always not get that achievement although i actually fully finished the freedom track...i guess it can only be accomplished in Civ5 or G&K? Please tell me how to get it.:):)

um...Thanks first.but i can't find the achievement "Fully explore the Freedom Policy".When i play BNW i can always not get that achievement although i actually fully finished the freedom track...i guess it can only be accomplished in Civ5 or G&K? Please tell me how to get it.:):)

Yes, some achievements no longer work in BNW.

Completing Freedom/Order/Autocracy and Build All Wonders (Can't build the UN) achievement doesn't work.

Just disable BNW in the DLC options and you're good to go! Same goes for the Ottoman specific achievement in which you must convert a total of 10 barbarian ships. That one only works in the Vanilla game.

Yes, some achievements no longer work in BNW.

Completing Freedom/Order/Autocracy and Build All Wonders (Can't build the UN) achievement doesn't work.

Just disable BNW in the DLC options and you're good to go! Same goes for the Ottoman specific achievement in which you must convert a total of 10 barbarian ships. That one only works in the Vanilla game.
I see.thanks for your help i get the fully explore policy track achievements.
I have one more question about "That's XCOM baby". It says " Have your XCOM Squad go from 100 health to 0 in a single AI turn ". Does "AI turn" means that i cannot destroy my XCOM in my turn in order to get this achievement? Actually i use unclear bomb directly drop in my XCOM and destroy it, nothing happens...:rolleyes:

Maybe gift some nukes to an AI, leave an X-COM on their border, and declare war? That might make them nuke it for you.

I have one more question about "That's XCOM baby". It says " Have your XCOM Squad go from 100 health to 0 in a single AI turn ". Does "AI turn" means that i cannot destroy my XCOM in my turn in order to get this achievement? Actually i use unclear bomb directly drop in my XCOM and destroy it, nothing happens...:rolleyes:

I think you're supposed to drop it next to your XCOM so it only gets damaged instead of destroyed on your turn so the AI applies the coup de grace to it during their turn.

It took me two tries with the achievement save to get that one. The tile you select may impact the result.

I think you're supposed to drop it next to your XCOM so it only gets damaged instead of destroyed on your turn so the AI applies the coup de grace to it during their turn.

It took me two tries with the achievement save to get that one. The tile you select may impact the result.

Mmmm... it doesn't work to me too.
The save starts at turn 227, you drop the bomb near X-Com squad and leave them nearly dead but Romans kills her in turn 228, so the unit starts that turn not at 100% and achievement don't unlocks, am i wrong?
How can you get the achievement?

Ok, after 3 tries now i get it, i dunno how, but that's it :dubious:

Hey guys!
I got you this save for The Explorer (Discover 100 Natural Wonders) achievement.
Just move Mohawk Warrior and Trebuchet one tile down and you got yourself a +2 on your natural wonder counter.
I know +2 per load is not much but its better than nothing.
Cheers!

On the original post there is a savegame by me that gives you 7 Wonders at a time:

3) The FeiLing_FoY-Explorer.Civ5Save seems not be working towards the natural wonders achievements. Loading it many times does not increase the counter in the achievements log (I know that I must exit the game for the log to update). Hence, the following achievement is not possible:

The Explorer (Discover 100 Natural Wonders) (added: anmattos_Natural-Wonders-Hunter.Civ5Save --> Select the Sattelites technology and you´ll discover 7 natural wonders. Load the game and repeat the process as much as necessary)

Hello,

Now, for this thread to be really complete, we need to have those missing saves:

Montezuma's Revenge… (Beat the game on any difficulty setting as Montezuma) (Got it. See post #157)
Consequently you achieve this:
Master of the Universe (Beat the game on any difficulty setting with each leader)

Sun Tzu's Art of War (As Wu Zetian, earn a Great General through battle) (Could you share your save game?)
Barbarian Warlord (As Bismarck, convert the Barbarians from 10 camps to your side) (Could you share your save game?)

Anyone?

I question about "That's XCOM baby". It says " Have your XCOM Squad go from 100 health to 0 in a single AI turn ". Does "AI turn" means that i cannot destroy my XCOM in my turn in order to get this achievement? Actually i use unclear bomb directly drop in my XCOM and destroy it, nothing happens...:rolleyes:

You have to fight the ai for the that's xcom baby achievement. Ais can kill xcom too. What you could do is make a dow on a strong ai, spy on their capital and then paradrop the ai next to their capital. Ai will most likely have ranged units and melee units nearby that will get you the achievement.

Don't know if anyone else noticed but the save file below also gives the "Once and future King" achievement for winning a King level game if you need it.

BNW [FeiLing] - Portugal XCOM.Civ5Save
Order the two active workers to construct a Feitoria. Now select Nuke Mode (N) with the Atomic Bomb and drop it directly onto the XCOM Squad of yours near Antium. Finally choose
the Cahokia and the Panama artifacts from the archaeological dig sites, then end the turn. On the next turn either choose to add the last spaceship part or put it to sleep instead for
the cultural victory. Either way you might need to play another turn for the Herculean Effort. To win culturally you need to play 2-4 more turns (bulb GS and do Concert Tours too).
What's Yours is Mine (As Portugal, construct a Feitoria in a City-State that is allied to another civilization.)
That's XCOM baby! (Have your XCOM Squad go from 100 health to 0 in a single AI turn.)
Herculean Effort (Complete all International Projects in a single game as the highest contributor.)
It Belongs in a Museum (Have Artifacts from 10 different City-States in the Museums and Wonders in your civilization.)
In Hoc Signo Vinces (Beat the game on any difficulty as Maria I.)
One Small Step (Win a Space Victory using the Freedom Ideology.) or
Rocking in the Free World (Win a Cultural Victory using the Freedom Ideology.)

Barbarian Warlord (As Bismarck, convert the Barbarians from 10 camps to your side) (Could you share your save game?)

Anyone?

That one is actually fairly difficult the way that it's set up, it does no good if someone without the achievement saves it after he's gotten the 9th camp and is about to get the 10th. (Unless you want to reload the save up to 10 times)

The other civs mentioned are much easier to get but those aren't civs that appeal to me playing. (I haven't played any of the ones listed since Vanilla and didn't keep saves)

Anyone?

This honestly is probably quicker to achieve yourself. Just start up a game as bismark and put the barbarians on high. Should be achieved by the end of the classical at worst, depending on your exploration/military focus

This honestly is probably quicker to achieve yourself. Just start up a game as bismark and put the barbarians on high. Should be achieved by the end of the classical at worst, depending on your exploration/military focus

Yes, quicker to set up yourself, but no, you don't want raging barbs; that does NOT increase starting number of barb camps nor does it increase the per turn chance of a new barb camp forming. Instead it increases the barb unit spawn rate. More barb units would slow you down getting to the camp.

Overall, barb camp rate is highly weighted towards number of land tiles that nobody has visibility to. This results in the region script map in Explorers that has only 2 players and no city states having a very high barb camp rate compared to the standard map scripts.
Going for the achievement, open Honor, but after inital exploration, keep troops at home to leave more tiles in fog of war for barbs to form between barb camp formations.
(Also, with only 1 AI opponent, it should be easy to win the game after you get the achievement)

There's an easy way to get Barbarian Warlord, even if it's kind of an exploit... although you'll need the Korean DLC. Just start up the Korean Scenario as 'Manchu' - they've got an improved version of Bismark's old UA, with a 100% chance to activate. Find 10 Barbarian Camps, boom, you're golden. And yes, the game can't tell the difference between that ability triggering for Manchu or Germany...

Is there a way to find out how many ships you've sunk as Elizabeth?

EDIT: it's in the debug achievement file in the logs

Top Bottom