Acularius' GEM for Caveman2Cosmos

most likely. not something i can fix its a svn problem.

You have to either remove the civs that were in the old "Modules/Custom Civilizations" folder or replace them with standard civs. The 'Flag decals' path should tell you which are custom civs.

Or produce a copy of your own custom civs. and ask players to overwrite (after taking a back up) the C2C Custom Civilizations folder. Thus replacing the removed civs.

Look at the first post of my thread "New Updated SEM", for details.

If you replace the Custom Civs with Standard ones (as well as keeping a new custom Civ version), the standard version will propably be added to the SVN.

Here is an example:

Spoiler :
BeginPlayer
Team=23
LeaderType=LEADER_PACHACUTI
LeaderName=Cunhambebe
CivDesc=Tupi Tribe
CivShortDesc=Tupi
CivAdjective=Tupi
FlagDecal=Art/barbarian spawn/civilization/flagdecal_tupi.dds
CivType=CIVILIZATION_MAYA
PlayableCiv=1
MinorNationStatus=0
StartingGold=0
StartingX=34, StartingY=13
RandomStartLocation=false
EndPlayer

As you can see from my 1st post I keep two versions.

You have to either remove the civs that were in the old "Modules/Custom Civilizations" folder or replace them with standard civs. The 'Flag decals' path should tell you which are custom civs.

could you do this with the Desert Planet Map? What Civs are there doesn't really matter, it just would be nice if there were all (or as much as possible) cultures (Asian, European....) in the game.

Sorry for highjacking the thread.

could you do this with the Desert Planet Map?

Oh the delights of the English language. :)

If you are asking could it be done? The answer is yes.

If you are asking could I do it ? The answer sadly is no. Well I can change it, but not test it..

The map is a Huge map and won't load on to my machine. So there is no way I can test any changes I make and the bugs introduced due to figner trouble.

However having looked at the WB file in Private Maps I see it has 4 Custom Civs.

Apache you can replace with Native Americans.
Tibet with China.
Italy with Romans.
Aborigine with Inca. (there is no South American culture on the map.)

You won't get Oceanic, as I think they are all customs civs.

The easiest way to do this is to start a game with the new civs. You don't have to play it, just load it up. A new WB file will be created in the World Builder folder in My Documents\Games etc.

Then just copy paste the 4 relevant parts to a copy of the the version in Private maps.

LeaderType to ArtStyle.

You may want to consider removing the civic options, as that will course a problem if they get changed in the future. They are added in automattically when the scenario is started.

Also if you switch to the 35 Civ .dll - the extra Civ slots will be removed automatically so you can ignore those.

Hope that helps.

EDIT:

Decided to try and do it anyway as there were only 4 civs effected..

But you will have to test it. Even with cut and paste you can sometimes miss the first or last character of a block. Well I can. :( :D

I downloaded it and it worked fine :goodjob: Thank you for making it playable again!

However, Augustus Caesar and Dido are both DEAD from the beginning (in the WB) and there were only meant to be 8 civs anyways. Is it save to simply delete them in the WB file?

Yes just replace everything between LeaderType and Handicap with this:

LeaderType=NONE
CivType=NONE
Color=NONE
ArtStyle=NONE
Handicap=HANDICAP_NOBLE

When you have done that don't forget to replace the existing SVN version (that has 10 civs) with this one.

The reason they were DEAD, is that whoever added them in forgot to include the starting position coordinates.

Thank you, it should work now :)

Guys, you talking about Desert Planet map or GEM? Asking cause it's in GEM thread.

Could anybody please take a look at GEM and make it playable again, please? It's one of my favourite maps.

Guys, you talking about Desert Planet map or GEM? Asking cause it's in GEM thread.

Could anybody please take a look at GEM and make it playable again, please? It's one of my favourite maps.

We were talking about the Desert Planet, not the GEM. GEM is somewhat more complicated because to make it playable we'd need to change a lot of civs. This would mean some balance issues.
There is another way to do it like it was done for another map with a little modmod that incluedes all the costum civs for GEM. Both is something I can't do but Harrier could. If you, Harrier, are willing to do this I'd be more then happy to test it.

Or, Talin, you could try Harrier's Standard Earth Map.

I'd just include the civ files that have been removed from the core!

If you do that it is not C2C compatible. Two versions are needed:

1. With missing custom civs. Downloaded from the C2C forums - GEM thread. Players have to overwrite the Custom Civilizations folder with the additions (missing civs and a new MLF file). As you indicated to above.

2. Provide a C2C compatible version, which can be included in the SVN. The custom civs are replaced with core civs but the names are changed. So the South American Tupi are replaced by another civ (with different traits, leader name and portrait, units etc.) but we can keep the Tupi names and start position. That's what Strategyonly helped me do with the C2C version of SEM-Plus.

Although I can not load GEM or test any changes I make. I am willing to give it a go - version 2 first for the SVN. Faustmouse has already volunteered to test the changes.

Take more than a couple of hours though, as with the Desert map.

Thanks a ton. Can't wait for it =)

Standart Earth Map is too small for my playstyle =)

Thanks a ton. Can't wait for it =)
Standart Earth Map is too small for my playstyle =)

Well it will be about a week or so.

I am working on SEM+ at the moment. Some of those changes (to Civs) also apply to GEM. Also Faustmouse has to test the GEM changes, as I can not load GEM.

So do not download any attachments until FM has given the all clear. :)

Well it will be about a week or so.

I am working on SEM+ at the moment. Some of those changes (to Civs) also apply to GEM. Also Faustmouse has to test the GEM changes, as I can not load GEM.

So do not download any attachments until FM has given the all clear. :)

have you already fixed gem?:eek:

have you already fixed gem?:eek:

Sorry - no.

I am changing the civs in the SEM+ map first, that are also in GEM. When I am happy with those changes - I will try to update GEM and post a file for you to test.

Faustmouse.

Here you are. A new GEM map with no custom civs for you to test.

Hunnic uses The Holy Roman Empire.
Tupi the Inca.
Uzbec the Ottomans.
Yangshao the Chinese.
Apache the Native Americans.
Congo the Ethiopians.

I have cleaned the map. If you make any changes and need to run WBCleaner You will have to copy/paste all the Civ. details as WBCleaner will remove some of the changes I have made.

I will remove this attachment when you have downloaded it.

You may want to look at the game options and remove some:

i.e. Option=GAMEOPTION_NEW_RANDOM_SEED Can make testing very difficult.

NOTE: to other readers of this post - do not download this version it has not been tested. I have only edited the file. A new version will be up as soon as Faustmouse has tested it.

Faustmouse.

Here you are. A new GEM map with no custom civs for you to test.

I tried it and played a few rounds. And I was looking around with the worldbuilder. Didn't we have a Mayan Civilization normally? Maybe they were removed some time ago :mischief:
Beside this, it looks great! The city names are a bit "annoying", but you can play it again. :goodjob:

What do you mean with the game options? Are these the default ones?

I tried it and played a few rounds. And I was looking around with the worldbuilder. Didn't we have a Mayan Civilization normally? Maybe they were removed some time ago :mischief:
Beside this, it looks great! The city names are a bit "annoying", but you can play it again. :goodjob:

What do you mean with the game options? Are these the default ones?

Suprised it worked first time. :D

I did not remove any Civs. just changed them to core Civs. So the Mayan's must have been removed earlier.

I mean't to mention about City names etc. but forgot. You will get the City names of the replacement Civ. On the SEM map I autoplayed about 400 turns, until each Civ had 2 or 3 Cities. It just allocated the next name in the list - so no duplicates.

The same will apply to units etc. you get those of the replacement Civ. Also you get the Leaderhead and traits of the replaced leader (all leaders are unique - only Civs are duplicated.). Just the names have changed i.e Leader Name and Civ Names.

To get the correct city names and traits etc. entails using custom civs - players needing to overwritie C2C folders. So it can not be added to the SVN. This version can be added to the SVN.

As for game options, they are the ones selected by one of the previous updaters of the map.

In SEM I just have:

Option=GAMEOPTION_MOUNTAINS
Option=GAMEOPTION_HISTORICAL_WONDERS
Victory=VICTORY_DOMINATION
GameTurn=0
MaxTurns=4980 (needed if a player selects a time limited game - can be any value. This is the default for a standard map.)

GEM will need a higher value. The default value may be to small.

It is up to the player to select the options they want at the start.

If these were the gameoptions choosen by the original map designers then I think they can stay. you can choose your own via costum scenario anyways.

Is everybody ok with putting the fixed GEM in the SVN? I will add it as "GEM no present civs fixed" so everybody can test it. When it works out, we can replace the old broken one.

Custom Civs for GEM

For those who want to continue playing GEM with Custom Civs. here they are. :D

Installation Instructions for a new game.:

1.Download and extract the map into the "Private Maps" folder of the C2C mod.

i.e. ...\Firaxis Games\Civ4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Private Maps

2. Copy the original folder "Custom_Civilizations" (found in Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Modules) to another folder. I use the "Firaxis Games" folder.

3. Copy my version of "Custom_Civilizations" in to the folder Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Modules - overwriting (adding to) the original.

4, Delete the cache.

5.Load up C2C and initially select the "Custom Scenario" option to choose your gameplay settings. From then on use "Load Game" as normal.

For existing games just follow steps 2 to 4 and load.

It should work - but I can not test it. Talin2009, can you do that for me. :)

Note: The SVN version does not use Custom Civs. Just replacement Civs.

If you haven't downloaded it yet, Redwallzyl's current map is on page 37 post 739.

EDIT - Removed as no longer compatible with new version of C2C. Ver. 35 + SVN changes.

Go to post 780 for a new version.

Top Bottom