Ad Infinitum

The changes to be present in version 0.1

Armenian Vishap Infantry no longer has a bonus vs. Melee.(Make them less OP)
Maccabees now have a first strike.(To make them more powerful, and I believe they had Slingers)
Mughal Siege Elephants now require Chemistry.(Pushed back from Gunpowder)
Special Forces Paradrop 5, Navy SEALs 7, and Paratroopers 8.(Make it less ridiculous)
Stealth Bombers are now 40 :strength:, 400 :hammers:, and have a maintenance cost of 4.(A bit more manageable)
Malinese Skirmishers have only 7 :strength:.(Less OP)
Iranian Bioresearch Centres have +1 :health:.(Make it more powerful)
Israelite Kotels give only 1 :c5happy:.(2 was too much)
New Leader: Knut of Scandinavia
New Leader: Ludwig I of Germany
New Leader: Adolf Hitler of Germany
Germany now has a unique unit artstyle.
Elven UB: Forest Barracks(Replaces Barrack, gives the Enchanted Blade promotion to applicable units)
New Promotion: Enchanted Blade(Only given to Elven Archery, Melee, Gunpower, or Clone units built in a city with a Forest Barracks)
Dwarven UB: Stronghold(Replaces Castle, +10% :gold:)
Orcish UB: Tribal Council(Replaces Courthouse, +2XP to units built in city, but only 1 :espionage: instead of two.)

UB ideas from Jwitti, graphics from Walter Hawkwood.

Sounds excellent! I'll try it out once I'm done tinkering with MoM :p

I found an error with the CIV4DiplomacyInfos. The best thing to do is to delete it. I'll try to rebuild it by next update.

Why is the info in the first post gone?

Sounds excellent! I'll try it out once I'm done tinkering with MoM :p

I second that, sounds great! But im also playing MoM lately.
I was planning to do a game with Canada eventually, when i do that ill use this mod instead of the basic canada mod. :D

Also, one thing I would greatly like to have in my civ games is more weapons of mass destruction. :mwaha:
I mean, the nuke is cool but ... MOAR!
I have not yet found a mod that offers them. Is there one? Anyway i had some ideas so far:

Orbital death-ray: Its a wonder that takes a while to build. Then it launches a satellital death ray. It can scorch anything on one tile you chose; destroys ressources, roads, improvements and turn the tile into a desert. You can only use it once per turn, but it also needs to be recharged, charging it costs money. When you use it on a city it kills some pop and destroy some buildings.

Agent Orange: Destroys forests and farm in the tile it is used+ causes unhealthiness.

Nerve Gas : Does stack damage and give 33% chance to "earn" the Crippled promotion, which gives -20% str. Can only be removed by visiting hopital or maybe a high level medic.

Biological weapon or Virus of Dhoom : Starts the plague " A la RFC "

The meteor slingshot The most destructive of all. Takes a long time to build and its a one time use. You send a spaceship that lands on a small asteroid and build a thruster on it. Then you send the asteroid toward earth :mwaha: You choose where you want it to impact but its not very precise and will fall somewhere in a zone around your chosen impact point. Where it impacts, the tile becomes a lake and it destroys everything in a 3 square radius around the impact. Turning the zone into a lifeless desert :mwaha:

Well, for the 4th one, there is the Biological Warfare Missile from Next War, as for the others, I'm not sure how to implement them.

A bio war missile would be a "good thing"

Yeah, i know they are somewhat ambitious. Just tossing ideas here :p

The MoM mod has transforming spells and various disaster spells that damage the enemy land and impovements. Im not a modder, not at all, so i really dont know, but there may be some code to scavenge here :p

All right, so here are my UU suggestions:

Maccabees: They should be more of a defensive unit (and if you don't agree, just look at the purpose of Israel's modern army) and I think they should exchange an extra point for a large bonus, like +100%, when attacking a city that was previously owned by you, but then taken.

Amazons: They were exceptionally strong, they should get an extra strength point.

Also, one thing I would greatly like to have in my civ games is more weapons of mass destruction. :mwaha:
I mean, the nuke is cool but ... MOAR!
I have not yet found a mod that offers them. Is there one? Anyway i had some ideas so far:
:

Caveman to cosmos does. Don't know about Rise of Mankind or A New Dawn (precessors of C2C)

Could you please integrate this mod with the BUG mod? I really like the features that it provides. This is a great mod though: I love the things you've put into this!

Edit: Also, I can't regenerate the map. Why?

I'll see if combining this mod with Bug can work.

On a not very related note, I considered adding other fantasy factions at various stages of the mod, and more fantasy leaders to the factions. So, should I add more fantasy civs(like Demons, Angels, Lizardmen, Undead, etc) and possibly add second leaders to the Elves, Dwarves, and Orcs?

I say go totally fantasy, it doesn't seem to fit with the real nations, it could be interesting to see Washington fight the orcs rather than the British though...

Version 0.2 released!

Changes:

Holy Rome now has a unique unit art style.
Various changes to other unit art styles.
A few changes to the Orcish and Elven city lists.(mostly from Civ2's Midgard scenario)
Fixed the DiplomacyInfos bug!

Top Bottom