Ad Victoriam

Ad Victoriam 1.1

Having a lot of fun with this mod so far on King/Epic with only 8AoP and CQUI as my other mods. Balance through about turn 150 seems good, and I like the increased yields and synergies. A couple of things I noticed though:

1) Farms (or at least farms on wheat) show that they will give 1 housing instead of the .5 it gives when you hover over the build action on your builder's menu
2) AI, at least in my game, doesn't seem to understand how to use Holy Sites now. Around turn 150 I've had my religion for a long time and others are just starting to get theirs set up.

Overall though I'm having a good time! Please keep up the good work and updates to the mod. I'll let you know if I find anything else weird.

Thanks for the criticism and I'm glad you're enjoying it! In response to your points:

1) Farms give 1 Housing now. There is a lot of bonus Housing now because I hate it as a concept to artificially restrict population growth.
2) That might just be a base game thing. The only AI things I changed are in relation to agendas. So besides certain agendas and the new anti-religion traits added by Firaxis, you will see a lot less religion being used and pushed by the AI.

Thanks for the criticism and I'm glad you're enjoying it! In response to your points:

1) Farms give 1 Housing now. There is a lot of bonus Housing now because I hate it as a concept to artificially restrict population growth.
2) That might just be a base game thing. The only AI things I changed are in relation to agendas. So besides certain agendas and the new anti-religion traits added by Firaxis, you will see a lot less religion being used and pushed by the AI.

Hmm while it said it gave one housing it's only giving me .5 I'm like 99% sure. I'll try another one.

Just one question: This suppose to affect the AI as well?

A bug or two:
-America's Founding Fathers doesn't work. Thats the one that supposedly halves the legacy bonus accumulation time. It does not.
-I don't know if its this mod or this is a vanilla thing but the chatholicism religious pressure icons from nearby cities display confucianism instead.

Just one question: This suppose to affect the AI as well?

A bug or two:
-America's Founding Fathers doesn't work. Thats the one that supposedly halves the legacy bonus accumulation time. It does not.
-I don't know if its this mod or this is a vanilla thing but the chatholicism religious pressure icons from nearby cities display confucianism instead.

There are no player-specific changes, everything has an effect on everyone.

America's ability is no longer Founding Fathers. If it is still appearing as such, please let me know. Provide a screenshot, if you can.

I don't do anything with religion or existing icons. That might be a bug or another mod.

America's ability is no longer Founding Fathers. If it is still appearing as such, please let me know. Provide a screenshot, if you can.

Civ6Screen0000.jpg Its the same with Pericles too. He has the halving on Classical Democracy but it does not.

Last edited:
View attachment 481973 Its the same with Pericles too. He has the halving on Classical Democracy but it does not.

It is a UI bug. It applies to America, Arabia and England. I removed their primary Civ Ability and gave them new ones but it doesn't show up until the loading screen. I'll make the changes apply to the base trait so it shows up in the selection screen. Should have that update out today.

Hey, thanks for the mod. It breathed life into the game. I just finished a whole game, and there were a few bugs. I do have a decent amount of mods but the only mods that affect gameplay is this and Religion Expanded. Late game, China seemed to have 7 promotions on every single unit. Diety difficulty, if it matters. They weren't at war for a long time when this happened. Any ideas?

Hey, thanks for the mod. It breathed life into the game. I just finished a whole game, and there were a few bugs. I do have a decent amount of mods but the only mods that affect gameplay is this and Religion Expanded. Late game, China seemed to have 7 promotions on every single unit. Diety difficulty, if it matters. They weren't at war for a long time when this happened. Any ideas?

Were they the only ones who had that many promotions? I did lower the requirements for promotions a little bit and barbarians allow promotions up to 2 but that seems excessive. If it was only China, they might have just gotten lucky. Lowered requirements coupled with the Encampment buildings can push out promotions pretty quick too.

Playing continents.... everyone starting too close to each other.... within viewing distance, 2nd large continent only has barbs on it....

Playing continents.... everyone starting too close to each other.... within viewing distance, 2nd large continent only has barbs on it....

Issue with base game starting plots LUA. Get CapsLock mod, it alleviates the issue.

Hi! Nice mod, but farms keep yielding only .5 housing and not 1 as intended.

Someone mentioned it on Steam, as well. I'm not sure why it's not working since the other improvements seem to work fine. I'll double check later on, after the expansion since that will utterly destroy pretty much everything in this mod.

Top Bottom