Add your own Buildings and Wonders to City Aerial View

WOW
whas it hard to do all this pictures???
how did you did them???
you learned to draw???

For some of the pictures like stonehenge and spirit of st. louis I just took a photograph into a paint program and "traced" around it. I cut out the background and then added some shading.

For some of the other buildings, like the WTC I used a 3D modeling program.

That's great. Too bad my CD drive broke. It's happened maybe 5 times.:(

Peso:

Has there been any word from Firaxis since their last message?

The DyP players are dying to see all these new buildings in city view (and so am I, btw) :)

Originally posted by Isak
Peso:

Has there been any word from Firaxis since their last message?

The DyP players are dying to see all these new buildings in city view (and so am I, btw) :)

Unfortunately no
I think I will e-mail them again.

Originally posted by zulu9812
mmm... nice of them to get back to you ;)

Yeah. They must be too busy for me or maybe they just forgot. :cry: :cry: :cry:

When I get my civ3 to work again I'll try converting some building from simcity3 (or 4? When does that come out?).

I've taken in everything that's on this post but I really want to add my own new building to the game, does anyone know how to do this yet?

Originally posted by computerdude113
I've taken in everything that's on this post but I really want to add my own new building to the game, does anyone know how to do this yet?

firaxis never wrote back about it. From what I can tell the additional_buildings.pcx was originally planned to be implemented in the game, but never made it to the release. Kind of like the play the world.txt file that comes with Civ III. It includes text for multi-player options but these were never implemented in Civ III. I guess we'll have to wait till PtW comes out before trying to edit additional_buildings.pcx again.

firaxis never wrote back about it. From what I can tell the additional_buildings.pcx was originally planned to be implemented in the game, but never made it to the release. Kind of like the play the world.txt file that comes with Civ III. It includes text for multi-player options but these were never implemented in Civ III. I guess we'll have to wait till PtW comes out before trying to edit additional_buildings.pcx again.

Ok, thanks. I'll try and mess around with it and if I can find out how to, i'll get bk to everyone instead of waiting for Firaxis to get bk to u. They'll probably never do that

Ok, thanks. I'll try and mess around with it and if I can find out how to, i'll get bk to everyone instead of waiting for Firaxis to get bk to u. They'll probably never do that:D

I have a wonder but not managed to test it in the city view yet... so maybe I'll come back and change the image later :p

Crystal Palace/Great Exhibition

Attachments

• ext2.jpg
    ext2.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 269
I cannot take credit for the rendering :(

Sorry if that was implied, but I only manipulated someone elses work. Like taking a photo of a building... sure, the photo is mine but the building is not :p

Top Bottom