Adding Intro movies to mods

When I try to convert my video to .bik using rad tools it says there is an error opening it, I have made the video in the latest windows movie maker and converted it to AVI file type just in case but it still doesn't convert to .bik

Hi,
I followed this great tutorial to the letter, but no intro movie shows up, when I start up my mod, so if someone could please take a look at my attached files here, I'd be most grateful! Also don't worry, because I'm sure I've placed them in the correct locations.

Thank You! :)

Attachments

• Intro Movie.rar
    6.5 KB · Views: 119
With this method here, you'll get the movie after you've set up your civ, before the actual game starts, and not while loading the mod ;).

LOL! Oh ok... well is it possible to get the movie BEFORE the game loads?

EDIT: Ok so I tried it out, I selected a faction, but when I started up the game it said "You have been defeated", and never loaded, can you tell me what I'm doing wrong! :(

LOL! Oh ok... well is it possible to get the movie BEFORE the game loads?

No idea :dunno:.

EDIT: Ok so I tried it out, I selected a faction, but when I started up the game it said "You have been defeated", and never loaded, can you tell me what I'm doing wrong! :(

Took a look at your files...in the CvCustomEventManager...do not copy the ".." into that file...they are just placeholders in the OP to show that there's some space between ;).
Also put the "import CvIntroMovieScreen" at the beginning directly under all the other import statements.
And if i see it right, you forgot to make the needed changes in the CvIntroMovieScreen.py.

Hi The_J,

Ok, I tried to follow your instructions, but apparently there is something still wrong, I must have done something small wrong. I've attached the files again.

Thanks for looking at them! :)

Attachments

• Intro Movie Problem.rar
    6.3 KB · Views: 138
Work a bit more carefully ;).

The haven't made the changes in the CvIntroMovieScreen, you forgot to add the "import CvIntroMovieScreen" ad the beginning of the customEventManager, and it seems you've removed by accident some lines after onGameStart.

Hi The_J,

Thanks for helping me getting it to work :)

But I have a bit of a problem. As you might know, my mod is based off of RFC and SoI, therefore there is a loading screen the "Dawn of Man" Text essentially, which because of the movie is no longer appearing, no loading bar.

Is there a way of having the movie come first and THEN the game starts loading, with the Dawn of Man text appearing as well? Because currently it seems the way I've set it up, is having either a movie OR a Dawn of War screen, and I'd like to have both.

Thanks for any help you can give me! :p

For clarification: We're talking about this screen with the leaderhead saying "It's 4000 BC and oh mighty XY, the people of *whatever* have choosen you as their leader", etc., right?
That screen should appear, it does in my mod.

And i hope you saw that i said that it seems you've removed by accident some lines after onGameStart. These are the lines for the dawn of man screen. So if you didn't revert these changes...

And i hope you saw that i said that it seems you've removed by accident some lines after onGameStart. These are the lines for the dawn of man screen. So if you didn't revert these changes...

OH! Perhaps thats whats causing the problem. From which file are you saying I've removed lines from? The CvIntroMovieScreen file? Because I'm pretty sure its intact....

CvCustomEventManager.py

In the last attachement it reads:
PHP:
	def onGameStart(self, argsList):
                # display mod's intro movie
                introMovie = CvIntroMovieScreen.CvIntroMovieScreen()
        	introMovie.interfaceScreen()

before it was:
PHP:
	def onGameStart(self, argsList):
                # display mod's intro movie

# display DoM message
		for iPlayer in range(gc.getMAX_PLAYERS()):
			player = gc.getPlayer(iPlayer)
			if (player.isAlive() and player.isHuman()):
				popupInfo = CyPopupInfo()
				popupInfo.setButtonPopupType(ButtonPopupTypes.BUTTONPOPUP_PYTHON_SCREEN)
				popupInfo.setText(u"showDawnOfMan")
				popupInfo.addPopup(iPlayer)

Edit: Indentation looks kind of screwed here, but is okay in the file itself.

Ok, I did the change you asked me to, and I added the DoM text back to the code, but now, after the movie finishes, the game says you have been defeated :(

I've tested out different variations, but I've been unsuccessful, with the same result. I've uploaded my files again, so if you could take a look (hopefully for the last time) at them, that would be great as I'm sure I'm close to solving this enigma :)

Attachments

• Intro Movie Problems.zip
    6.6 KB · Views: 127
Ok, I did the change you asked me to, and I added the DoM text back to the code, but now, after the movie finishes, the game says you have been defeated :(

Are you loading a map (i guess so) or starting a "normal" game?
Because "you are defeated" messages after the start normally point to problems with map settings, that something is in the worldbuilder file which is actually not anymore existent in the game.

Are you loading a map (i guess so) or starting a "normal" game?
Because "you are defeated" messages after the start normally point to problems with map settings, that something is in the worldbuilder file which is actually not anymore existent in the game.

The_J, I doubt thats the problem, do to the fact that I have had no problems with the worldbuilder file, heck the game was fine until I started toying around with this. Are you sure there is nothing wrong with my files which I attached?

Had not looked at the files before, so...

a)
And if i see it right, you forgot to make the needed changes in the CvIntroMovieScreen.py.

b) to test if it has something to do with these changes, you can just add a # to the beginning of every of these both lines:
PHP:

then the game will not even try to load the intro movie.

then the game will not even try to load the intro movie.

But I want the intro movie and the Dawn of Man text; are you saying that I can't have both in the game? :(

Ok I added the # symbols, and it said I was defeated, "End of History" sign. No movie, no nothing. So is that a good thing or a bad thing? :p

Top Bottom