Adding Intro movies to mods

Neither, nor.
It's then what i already said, a problem with the map, and not with the intro movie. Try starting a game without a worldbuilder file. If you're then also defeated, then you have a general problem, else it's something non-existent on the map.

Neither, nor.
It's then what i already said, a problem with the map, and not with the intro movie. Try starting a game without a worldbuilder file. If you're then also defeated, then you have a general problem, else it's something non-existent on the map.

Wait, how can I start the game WITHOUT my worldbuilder file? How is that even possible? Also I don't understand why its something wrong with my map, since its worked fine before I started adding in my video, plus I never touched the map in relation to adding my video.... :crazyeye:

I also attached by python debug files, hopefully they will shed some light onto what the problem is. It states that there is a problem do to a "lack of an exit" in the cvintromovie.py file, I'm not sure what that means though -___-"

Attachments

• Python Debug Intro Movie Problem.rar
    3.7 KB · Views: 157
Not sure why this error happens, but when i look at the CvIntroMovieScreen.py in my mod, i see that i must have had this one too, because i commented the line out :lol:.

-> put a # in front of this line:
PHP:
		screen.setButtonGFC("Exit", u"Your movies are not installed correctly.", "", #self.EXIT_TEXT,
			self.X_EXIT, self.Y_EXIT, 400, 100, WidgetTypes.WIDGET_CLOSE_SCREEN, -1, -1, ButtonStyles.BUTTON_STYLE_STANDARD)

No idea if that will actually change anything :dunno:.

Wait I'm a tad confused, so you want me to just put a # in front of the "self.EXIT_TEXT" or in front of the entire line? I mean, is the code supposed to look like what you just put down there, or am I supposed to add something to it?

So like this?:

PHP:
	# screen.setButtonGFC("Exit", u"Your movies are not installed correctly.", "", #self.EXIT_TEXT,
			self.X_EXIT, self.Y_EXIT, 400, 100, WidgetTypes.WIDGET_CLOSE_SCREEN, -1, -1, ButtonStyles.BUTTON_STYLE_STANDARD)

:yup:
seems confusing, i know, but that's actually 1 line, and the # should make the programm ignore that line.

Ok I did it, but now not even the movie showed up, it just said I was defeated once I picked my civilization, and I had to exit. Is there anything else the error log says, that I have to do? Something that is still blocking the dawn of man text. Because I can see that there seems to be other problems, which are getting in the way...

bleh, enough guessing, give me the whole thing, i'll take a look at it during the week (can't right now, not at my civ pc).

Thanks The_J!! Do you have an e-mail I can send the file to, as the file is too large to attach through CFC.

Upload it to Rapidshare, Megaupload or whatever else and post the link here ;).

Ok here is the link: https://www.rapidshare.com/#!myrapidshare|filemanager

So can you please check for the video + Dawn of Man text error. And also if you don't mind, for some reason whenever the Crusaders (Kingdom of Jerusalem) capture Jerusaelm (al-Quds) they don't receive a True Cross unit, instead they recieve a standard 'Relic' unit. The Event Name is called "True_Cross_Recovered" and it seems that its not triggering.

Here is my previous message in another forum, that never got answered:
Spoiler :
Hi Everyone,

No one answered my issue with adding in an event into my mod, so i've decided to make is simpler by just adding them in to this thread (below). Basically the event should remove a Catholic Reliquary in Jerusalem, and spawn a "True_Cross" unit in the city. And it should only happen with the Crusaders (KoJ) capture the city.

Basically the problem currently is that when the Crusaders capture the city, the player receives a "Relic" unit and the Catholic Reliquary building remains there. Part 2 of the problem is that the "True_Cross" unit does not spawn, and as I said before, it is the Relic unit that still spawns.

The second half of the code handles the normal relic recovering event, which is fine; its just that for that ONE time when the Crusaders (KoJ) capture Jerusalem, the "True_Cross_Recovered" Event needs to trigger, instead of the "Relic_Recovered".

CvRFCEventHandler.py:
Spoiler :
PHP:
# Relics/True Cross (The Turk)
		if iNewOwner < iNumPlayers and bConquest:
			if iNewOwner == con.iCrusaders and (city.getX(), city.getY()) == con.tJerusalem:
				pNewOwner.initTriggeredData(gc.getInfoTypeForString("EVENTTRIGGER_TRUE_CROSS_RECOVERED"), True, city.getID(), city.getX(), city.getY(), -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, "")
			else:
				bFound = False
				for i in [con.iCatholicReliquary, con.iOrthodoxReliquary, con.iSunniReliquary, con.iShiaReliquary, con.iHinduReliquary]:
					if city.getNumRealBuilding(i) > 0:
						city.setNumRealBuilding(i, 0)
						bFound = True
				if not bFound:
					iChance = 1
					if (city.getX(), city.getY()) in [con.tBaghdad, con.tConstantinople, con.tJerusalem]:
						iChance += 3
					if city.plot().getRegionID() in [con.rPalestine, con.rSyria, con.rNorthernSyria, con.rJazira]:
						iChance += 3
					if pNewOwner.getStateReligion() in [con.iSunni, con.iShia] and city.plot().getRegionID() in [con.rHejaz, con.rMesopotamia]:
						iChance += 3
					if gc.getGame().getSorenRandNum(100, 'Chance to find a relic') < iChance:
						bFound = True
				if bFound:
					pNewOwner.initTriggeredData(gc.getInfoTypeForString("EVENTTRIGGER_RELIC_RECOVERED"), True, city.getID(), city.getX(), city.getY(), -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, "")

I've also attached other files below, but I'm afraid that the problem may be stemming from this bit of code here. Thanks to anyone who can help! :)

Thanks once again The_J! :goodjob:
You've been a great help! :)

Top Bottom